ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 05-12-2017, 01:19 PM

@Colts 6m6 minutes ago
We have signed free agent DT Josh Boyd and waived OLB Curt Maggitt with an injury settlement: http://indcolts.co/veOyad
Old 05-30-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
In hindsight his first draft wasn't as good as it looked. Luck wasn't his call, Fleener and Allen are gone (we did get two 4ths for them), no 4th round picks, and no one from the 5th round on stayed with the team. Hilton was really the only great pick. I guess you can argue how good the TE picks were.
He picked Luck, therefore he gets credit for it. True, it was a no brainer, but you act as if, left to his own devices, he wouldn't have picked Luck. True, Fleener and Allen are gone, but while here, they were starters and Hilton is a star. That's 4 starters, plus Vick Ballard who played significant time until injured. That's not too bad.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:10 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
He picked Luck, therefore he gets credit for it. True, it was a no brainer, but you act as if, left to his own devices, he wouldn't have picked Luck. True, Fleener and Allen are gone, but while here, they were starters and Hilton is a star. That's 4 starters, plus Vick Ballard who played significant time until injured. That's not too bad.
You don't get credit for no brainer picks, especially ones that the owner made the call on. Grigson deserves zero credit for Andrew Luck. He deserves plenty of blame for not protecting him though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Spike (05-30-2017), Stew Pidasole (05-30-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 02:52 PM

Thanked 1,195 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
You don't get credit for no brainer picks, especially ones that the owner made the call on. Grigson deserves zero credit for Andrew Luck. He deserves plenty of blame for not protecting him though.
The only drafts that I think Grigson did an acceptable job on were his first one (Luck, Fleener, Allen, Hilton) and his last one (Kelly, Clark, Ridgeway, Haeg).

The drafts in between were pretty dreadful.

Cheers,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (05-30-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 04:39 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
The only drafts that I think Grigson did an acceptable job on were his first one (Luck, Fleener, Allen, Hilton) and his last one (Kelly, Clark, Ridgeway, Haeg).

Cheers,
In hindsight I don't like the Fleener and Allen picks.I was probably on board at the time, especially with Fleener being Luck's safety blanket at Stanford.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:08 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Arguing over whether or not Grigson sucks. It almost makes me miss Irsay's tweets.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
In hindsight I don't like the Fleener and Allen picks.I was probably on board at the time, especially with Fleener being Luck's safety blanket at Stanford.
They were rated the top 2 TE's in that draft.

Here is Mayocks rankings for that year

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl...AEA%26sr%3Damp
Old 05-31-2017, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post

Cheers,
This is what I'm saying. Everyone seems to be canonizing Ballard and he's had one draft, and not one of them has proven a thing yet. I feel good about Ballard, but I felt good about Grigson after year one as well. I'm not sure there were many if any that didn't.

Last edited by albany ed; 05-31-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:05 AM

Thanked 4,372 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
This is what I'm saying. Everyone seems to canonizing Ballard and he's had one draft, and not one of them has proven a thing yet. I feel good about Ballard, but I felt good about Grigson after year one as well. I'm not sure there were many if any that didn't.
We were all so glad Polian was gone, and that we were getting Luck, that we were thrilled with Grigson. History does repeatitself, but let's hope it doesn't with this team beyond that point.
sherck (05-31-2017)
Old 05-31-2017, 12:07 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
This is what I'm saying. Everyone seems to canonizing Ballard and he's had one draft, and not one of them has proven a thing yet. I feel good about Ballard, but I felt good about Grigson after year one as well. I'm not sure there were many if any that didn't.
except that ballard seems like a professional, grigson never did.

Sure grigs had a very nice first draft. But do you remember his early press conferences, he was a sweating, bumbling mess. I gave him a pass because getting up in front of the media like that can be intimidating. but then he became an arrogant ass and started making many bad decisions.

ballard seems to have his shit together and has a plan. I dont know if grigson ever had a real plan or vision. we had early success and he 'went for it' with aging vets. that was a bad plan.