ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-06-2023, 10:16 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
If I’d told you, 3 weeks ago, that the guy in the black hoodie, stalking the sidelines like a miniature, brooding thunderhead would end up standing at the podium, smiling, and telling us how much he was looking forward to getting back on the field, most of us would have been thrilled. It was, absolutely, a positive development, and most of the media welcomed it.

Not Greg Doyel, though. He was bumhurt because Taylor wouldn’t tell him he hated the Colts, their owner, and the color of the grass on the playing field. He wouldn’t fess up and admit that he has plane reservations for a postseason pilgrimage to New Orleans, where he and his agent plan to hire a voodoo princess, sacrifice a chicken, and drive pins into dolls of Chris Ballard and Jim Irsay.

Is it possible that Taylor plays out the string in Indy and heads off to greener pastures? Sure, but at no point in his press conference did he tell us that he’s closed the door on coming back…even if, as Doyel did, you read between the lines.

Doyel is an incendiarist, a media arsonist who gets his jollies out of digging under rocks, looking for the dark side of sports. He’s the guy who pulls your kid aside in the line to see Santa and whispers fake in his ear. He’s the fellow who shows up at birthday parties and steals candles off the cake, the nasty old man who screams at kids for kicking their ball into his yard, the crank who complains because the 4th of July fireworks show is too loud.

He might be right, and if he is, he’ll rejoice in it. Then, he’ll take a deep breath before telling us that Anthony Richardson hates puppies, kittens, and butterflies.
Taylor is looking forward to getting back on the field because it’s the only option he has. He knows it and so does everyone else.

His ankle hasn’t been hurt since somewhere around March. He knows it and so does everyone else. Hell, he said as much in June, or whenever minicamp was. He used it as leverage. He hasn’t been hurt in months.

This was a scorched earth attempt to force the colts hand and it failed miserably. He could have done what a Michael Pittman did, but he didn’t. He decided to try and force his will.

He gave nothing but bland platitudes in that press conference. Which is fine. That’s his right.

But he could have handled this whole thing better. I think that’s Doyel’s point.
Old 10-07-2023, 09:23 AM

Thanked 4,412 Times in 2,533 Posts

Quote:
If I’d told you, 3 weeks ago, that the guy in the black hoodie, stalking the sidelines like a miniature, brooding thunderhead would end up standing at the podium, smiling, and telling us how much he was looking forward to getting back on the field, most of us would have been thrilled. It was, absolutely, a positive development, and most of the media welcomed it.

Not Greg Doyel, though. He was bumhurt because Taylor wouldn’t tell him he hated the Colts, their owner, and the color of the grass on the playing field. He wouldn’t fess up and admit that he has plane reservations for a postseason pilgrimage to New Orleans, where he and his agent plan to hire a voodoo princess, sacrifice a chicken, and drive pins into dolls of Chris Ballard and Jim Irsay.

Is it possible that Taylor plays out the string in Indy and heads off to greener pastures? Sure, but at no point in his press conference did he tell us that he’s closed the door on coming back…even if, as Doyel did, you read between the lines.

Doyel is an incendiarist, a media arsonist who gets his jollies out of digging under rocks, looking for the dark side of sports. He’s the guy who pulls your kid aside in the line to see Santa and whispers fake in his ear. He’s the fellow who shows up at birthday parties and steals candles off the cake, the nasty old man who screams at kids for kicking their ball into his yard, the crank who complains because the 4th of July fireworks show is too loud.

He might be right, and if he is, he’ll rejoice in it. Then, he’ll take a deep breath before telling us that Anthony Richardson hates puppies, kittens, and butterflies.
You have pegged him accurately. He is a prick that enjoys running down the local team. I am not looking for a cheerleader, but I am also not looking for someone who only sees doom and gloom, like that clown.
CletusPyle (10-07-2023), JAFF (10-07-2023)
Old 10-07-2023, 10:34 AM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
You have pegged him accurately. He is a prick that enjoys running down the local team. I am not looking for a cheerleader, but I am also not looking for someone who only sees doom and gloom, like that clown.
Sounds like you are also describing Bob Kravitz.....
Chromeburn (10-07-2023)
Old 10-07-2023, 01:37 PM

Apparently, the reason he seemed so happy to be back was that he was on the verge of getting a new contract. The reason he evaded answering Greg’s questions was because of the delicacy of the negotiations.

Clearly, Greg’s a glass half empty kind of guy. At family reunions, he’s the cousin who wants to make book on how much longer 95 year old Granny Edna has left.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kray007 For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (10-07-2023), Racehorse (10-07-2023)
Old 10-07-2023, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Krapitz
CletusPyle (10-07-2023)
Old 10-07-2023, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Apparently, the reason he seemed so happy to be back was that he was on the verge of getting a new contract. The reason he evaded answering Greg’s questions was because of the delicacy of the negotiations.

Clearly, Greg’s a glass half empty kind of guy. At family reunions, he’s the cousin who wants to make book on how much longer 95 year old Granny Edna has left.
And speculate about who is left out of the will and who will be glad she is gone finally.
Old 10-07-2023, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
What the hell ever happened to "Gladys Krapitz" anyway? Not that I really give a shit with that turd either way. :-)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BCN#1 For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-07-2023), Racehorse (10-07-2023)
Old 10-07-2023, 08:28 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCN#1 View Post
What the hell ever happened to "Gladys Krapitz" anyway? Not that I really give a shit with that turd either way. :-)
I did a Goggle search and it appears he recently got fired from The Atlantic and now has a SubStack...I think he did us all a favor and retired from being a Sports Writer!

Last edited by CletusPyle; 10-07-2023 at 09:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CletusPyle For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-07-2023)