ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-23-2022, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Foles will probably win the last three games and ruin our draft positioning. Not that they know what to do with it anyway.
Being that he's a Reich guy, I'm sure he wants to screw the Colts, and what better way to do it, win and screw up draft positioning. I wish Saturday would realise that and start Sam, a win or two could fuck up the Colts for years!!
Old 12-23-2022, 03:27 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,271 Times in 2,018 Posts

o

I suspect that the offensive line will have much more of a say in whether or not the Colts win their remaining games than Foles himself does ...... the Colts are a 4-9-1 team that has been playing behind what is essentially a 2-11-1 offensive line.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 12-23-2022, 11:31 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,660 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I suspect that the offensive line will have much more of a say in whether or not the Colts win their remaining games than Foles himself does ...... the Colts are a 4-9-1 team that has been playing behind what is essentially a 2-11-1 offensive line.

o
Then hopefully the OL plays like an 0-3 OL the next 3 games.
Old 12-24-2022, 08:50 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

It’s a Monday night game so Nick Foles will be auditioning to be a backup somewhere or maybe starting here the first 4 games until Levis is ready to start
Old 12-24-2022, 08:53 AM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
It’s a Monday night game so Nick Foles will be auditioning to be a backup somewhere or maybe starting here the first 4 games until Levis is ready to start
I hoped Levis is still available...from what I have seen, he would be a perfect fit for us!
Old 12-24-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Tennessee might be without Tannahill so maybe they called the Colts and asked for an audition for Foles. There's no logical reason for Foles to be starting this game otherwise. Or like you said, have Foles play next year until our drafted QB is ready.
Old 12-28-2022, 03:47 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,271 Times in 2,018 Posts

Quote:
o

With a solid offensive line blocking for him, maybe.

39 year-old Philip Rivers had even less mobility than Ryan has now, and he had one final solid season in 2020 behind some good blocking.

Carson Wentz had some good blocking last season, and even he managed to have the Colts at 9-6 late in the season before shitting the bed in the final 2 games of the season.

Both Matt Ryan and Sam Ehlinger have both been battered, beaten, and shell-shocked playing behind what has essentially behind the antithesis of what Philip Rivers had in 2020 and what Carson Wentz had in 2021 ...... Ryan had his shoulder separated by the Titans in October, and Ehlinger was sacked 9 times ....... that's right, l NINE TIMESl by the Patriots in November before Jeff Saturday took mercy on him and reinstated Ryan as the Colts' primary punching bag ...... eh, I mean as the Colts' primary quarterback.

o
o

(3 DAYS LATER)

After the battering and beating of Matt Ryan and Sam Ehlinger in the first 14 games of the season, ) NICK FOLES ) was the sacrificial lamb/punching bag against the Chargers ...... and he will remain in that role for the upcoming game against the Giants on Sunday.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
JAFF (12-28-2022)
Old 12-28-2022, 04:40 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
o

(3 DAYS LATER)

After the battering and beating of Matt Ryan and Sam Ehlinger in the first 14 games of the season, ) NICK FOLES ) was the sacrificial lamb/punching bag against the Chargers ...... and he will remain in that role for the upcoming game against the Giants on Sunday.

o
Its the O line.

Hindsight is 20/20. I know LT is a train wreck and right guard is a mystery, but Kelly, Nelson and Smith havent come close to playing anywhere near the past history.

The offensive weapons are good, the defensive squad can really be good if the offense could put some points on the board. Special teams will improve the moment Sanchez can show he has totally recovered from his injury.

If the Colts are going to draft/sign a Qb, they need to fix the O-line. They need a o line coach with a good resume. Nothing works if the O line cant get its collective shit together. I think Nelson and Raimann are are keepers, but everyone else is subject to change. As in cut, trade, payoff, retire, or slow boat to Vancouver and the CFL.

Signing/drafting a Qb wont matter if the line plays next year like they played this year. Sign FA’s, draft only Qb and O linemen, fix the damn line.
Old 12-28-2022, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Its the O line.

Hindsight is 20/20. I know LT is a train wreck and right guard is a mystery, but Kelly, Nelson and Smith havent come close to playing anywhere near the past history.

The offensive weapons are good, the defensive squad can really be good if the offense could put some points on the board. Special teams will improve the moment Sanchez can show he has totally recovered from his injury.

If the Colts are going to draft/sign a Qb, they need to fix the O-line. They need a o line coach with a good resume. Nothing works if the O line cant get its collective shit together. I think Nelson and Raimann are are keepers, but everyone else is subject to change. As in cut, trade, payoff, retire, or slow boat to Vancouver and the CFL.

Signing/drafting a Qb wont matter if the line plays next year like they played this year. Sign FA’s, draft only Qb and O linemen, fix the damn line.
LT is not a train wreck. The kid is getting better and better.
Racehorse (12-29-2022)
Old 12-28-2022, 10:59 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
LT is not a train wreck. The kid is getting better and better.
From the beginning of the season to now, its been a mess. It was a mess last year. I did say Raimann has improved, but I’m not sold. I’m not sold on Saturday as the HC, I would have loved to see him as the OLine coach, bring some Howard Mudd ass kicking zone blocking.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Discflinger (12-29-2022)