ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-04-2018, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Not at all. I like that Ballard had a good reputation. And I am not calling for his head or anything like that. I am just not impressed with what he has done. For example:

1). We have Andrew Luck. As far as I know he is healthy. You build your team knowing you have a top 5 qb in the league. Meaning that you can win quickly.

2). The build through the draft propaganda is annoying. Every team builds through the draft. That is the best and cheapest way to add talent. We aren’t doing something special here.

3). Hankins, simon and Anderson are talented football players. Cutting good players speaks directly against the competition mantra he tries to sell. Scheme fit isn’t an issue either. That is a lie.

4). I like that Ballard seems intent to build the lines. I agree with that. Not sure why he took the dudes he took but at this point I have no problem letting that play out.

5). Saving that much cash is asinine. You can use some to supplement the roster. Unless he thinks he can do what nobody has ever done and nail the draft every year. He will be lucky to get 2 really good players a year in the draft. Adding talent with the available cap space is just smart.

6). This roster, on paper, is unproven at best and a disaster at worst. That is just a fact.

I don’t hate Ballard. I don’t like that he is not taking advantage of all his resources and playing only one hand. He has a home run hitter in luck and he is asking him to bunt. That is my main issue.

And god damn shrek needs to stop editing my posts. I have never touched a post out of spite and never would. That has never been what this board was about. Shows his lack of integrity.

AGAIN on Hankins...... He came here because we ran a 3-4.... He said he would not play in a 4-3. I am assuming he had an out in the contract. That is exactly why he wanted out of NY.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand. Did you want him on the field to only play as a situational DT on goal lines and IF we go into a 3 front?

Hankins did well here but face it he was not a superstar. He was the best of a shitty line. Same with Anderson. I thought Simon would make the team, And now that we know Ballard was trying to trade him we should all be able to understand why he played so much. But again he was a star in a very vanilla D that hasn't shown any of their cards yet
Old 09-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I’m curious, at what point would people thinks it’s fair to criticize Ballard? I didn’t pay attention to see when disagreeing with Grigson became considered legitimate and not “sky is falling” overreaction. Puck says he’ll wait to have an opinion until he has the benefit of hindsight. Is that the way to not be considered a hater?

I never said I agree with everything he has done, but jumping to judgement before knowing all the facts is retarded.

We haven't even played a fucking game yet!!!!!!!

Have you judged this team by the play in pre season?????? Ballard sure hopes the other teams in the AFC south have.....

What the interview with Hilton about what we haven't seen yet this year and you see that big ole smile in his answer! They have intentialy played vanilla.
Luck didn't throw a pass over 18 yards during preseason. It is all by design. They were not working on seeing how many points or even wins they could get, they were working on installing a new offense against another team to see what different looks they would see..... Yes I know other teams were vanilla too... But this applies to the D also. So forgive me if I want to wait to slit my wrist before I see what the team actually looks like

Not saying they are going to win 19 games by 50 points, but I think you are under rating what Frank Reichs presence on this team will mean after having PigShit the last 6 yrs.
Racehorse (09-04-2018), YDFL Commish (09-05-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
And it is you’re btw.
Good catch..... Wait..... so when I say you're a ass, I am using it correctly right?
Old 09-04-2018, 09:16 PM

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Good catch..... Wait..... so when I say you're a ass, I am using it correctly right?
Absolutely. That is correct.
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (09-05-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 09:20 PM

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
AGAIN on Hankins...... He came here because we ran a 3-4.... He said he would not play in a 4-3. I am assuming he had an out in the contract. That is exactly why he wanted out of NY.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand. Did you want him on the field to only play as a situational DT on goal lines and IF we go into a 3 front?

Hankins did well here but face it he was not a superstar. He was the best of a shitty line. Same with Anderson. I thought Simon would make the team, And now that we know Ballard was trying to trade him we should all be able to understand why he played so much. But again he was a star in a very vanilla D that hasn't shown any of their cards yet
Hankins was under contract. I doubt they put in a clause for scheme.

Anderson deserved a shot in camp imo. He is better than hunt.

I don’t even care that much about Simon other than it is bs to say there was a competition. If you have good players, and you can’t use them, your scheme sucks.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hankins was under contract. I doubt they put in a clause for scheme.

Anderson deserved a shot in camp imo. He is better than hunt.

I don’t even care that much about Simon other than it is bs to say there was a competition. If you have good players, and you can’t use them, your scheme sucks.
Which other players fit the scheme that was in place?
Old 09-04-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:

Not saying they are going to win 19 games by 50 points, but I think you are under rating what Frank Reichs presence on this team will mean after having PigShit the last 6 yrs.
No, I 100% agree on the difference from Pagano to Reich - especially offensively. But that’s exactly why I disagree with the fucking JV team defense Ballard will be throwing out there. Assuming Luck is the player he was pre injury, the offense has a chance to be explosive. Especially if Ballard would have taken a fucking legitimate shot at fixing RT and WR2 instead looking for shitty place holders until he could eventually fix them in the draft.

Luck gives this team a chance to win every time he takes the field. If Reich is who most of us think he is then the team doesn’t need a god damn 4 year rebuilding plan to be truly competitive. The building a long sustained dynasty thru the draft is fucking pie in the sky bullshit. This isn’t the 1970s or 80s NFL.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
FatDT (09-05-2018), omahacolt (09-04-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 10:38 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,037 Times in 1,866 Posts

I didn't read the entire thread, but I assume everyone has seen the week 1 defensive depth chart. That thing looks like the equivalent of tossing a kid into a pool and saying "now learn to swim". I guess that's one way to learn. But it's more likely to end in drowning or getting shredded. Players we cut loose could have helped but we'll see.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

If I counted right we have 18 of the 53 man roster in their 1st or 2nd year. Roughly 34% makes a very young squad. One thing guys in NFL first couple years make a much greater jump in talent than run of the mill vets. Guess we have that to look forwards to.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:48 AM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I didn't read the entire thread, but I assume everyone has seen the week 1 defensive depth chart. That thing looks like the equivalent of tossing a kid into a pool and saying "now learn to swim". I guess that's one way to learn. But it's more likely to end in drowning or getting shredded. Players we cut loose could have helped but we'll see.
The defense will be bottom 5 in the league. I can guarantee you that.

I think this is a 4-5 win team, max. If I’m wrong I’ll be happy.