ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-23-2022, 11:31 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I would say that the 2005 & 2007 defenses were pretty damn good, giving up 15.4 & 16.4 pts per game respectively.

I think today we would kill for a defense that gives up less than 21 pts per game.
Speaking of the impact of one guy/leader on the field. Bob Sanders plays 14 games in '05 and 15 games in '07. Sandwiched in between was the Super Bowl season where the defense was shit all year until he returned for the playoffs and made them almost unrecognizable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Can’t stop the run for shit in preseason. These things have a way of lasting into the season.

I’m not as optimistic.
I've been so caught up in the secondary's role in the new defense that I hadn't stopped to think of this. The Lions game brought back some memories from the Freeney/Mathis days when the pass rush was deadly but teams would absolutely grind on us in the run game. I know it's preseason and backups and all that.

Eberflus' D allowed a lot of pitch-and-catch but was always top-10 against the run. I expect our pass-rush/coverage to be better under Bradley... I just hope it's not at the expense of the run game eating us alive.

I'm curious how Okereke and Leonard will be affected by the new D-line philosophy as opposed to always being freed up under Eberflus.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-24-2022)