ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-03-2017, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Why were all of you so silent with Hillary's criminal activity? What about Obama ?

It wouldnt have matter to most of you who was president as long as it wan't a republican
Colts2006 (03-03-2017), Racehorse (03-05-2017), Spike (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 01:37 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck View Post
... As long as it wan't trump

Old 03-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
It wouldnt have matter to most of you who was president as long as it wan't a republican
A lot of stereotypical social justice liberals feel this way. I'm just left of center on the whole, have never voted for a republican. I'm pro gun, pro choice, pro single payer, anti union... I'm disgusted by Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnel in equal amounts.

So yea, I see what you are saying, some people are just ANTI people. If a republican thought of it it's a horrible idea, and part of the obvious right wing conspiracy. Look to Mitch McConnel? Wasnt it the day after the inaguration that he said he wanted Obama to fail and wanted his single most important goal to be to make Obama a one term president? How about Donald Trump himself riding the birth certificate train? Are these the actions of people who want America to succeed?

Like I've posted on McConnel's twitter a hundred times:

Galations 6:7 "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows"
Old 03-03-2017, 05:55 PM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
Why were all of you so silent with Hillary's criminal activity? What about Obama ?

it would depend on the republican. i would have no problem voting for a republican if he werent a racist, religiously bigoted, dickwad
Old 03-03-2017, 05:57 PM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
A lot of stereotypical social justice liberals feel this way. I'm just left of center on the whole, have never voted for a republican. I'm pro gun, pro choice, pro single payer, anti union... I'm disgusted by Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnel in equal amounts.

So yea, I see what you are saying, some people are just ANTI people. If a republican thought of it it's a horrible idea, and part of the obvious right wing conspiracy. Look to Mitch McConnel? Wasnt it the day after the inaguration that he said he wanted Obama to fail and wanted his single most important goal to be to make Obama a one term president? How about Donald Trump himself riding the birth certificate train? Are these the actions of people who want America to succeed?

Like I've posted on McConnel's twitter a hundred times:

Galations 6:7 "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows"
why are you anti union? this country needs some strong unions again. corporations have kept pay down for way too long. benefits are eroding.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:

Nowadays...its all about whether they have a D or an R after their name......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts2006 For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (03-03-2017), Puck (03-04-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,613 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:

If there was a Republican that represented my political ideology, I'd vote for that person. The likelihood of that happening is roughly the same as the likelihood of the Cleveland Browns winning the Super Bowl next year. Party doesn't really matter to me, ideology does, but the way things are structured currently, ideology and party are very closely tied to one another.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:51 AM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts2006 View Post
Nowadays...its all about whether they have a D or an R after their name......
No; Trump transcends that. C'mon. You really don't think the reaction would be the same if he identified as Democrat? He's a unique case of trainwreck.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:28 PM

Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
This jumped out to me too. I just read something about 150,000 jobs being created in this niche.

I took my wife to Denver last November (I live in Atlanta). Honestly, My jaw hit the ground when I watched people walk in and out of those recreational dispensaries like it was a liquor store. I watched one guy walk down the street with a brown paper bag full of trees, or cookies, or whatever - and it's no problem. If the same guy is walking with the same bag here in Atlanta - his life might be fucked if APD stops him.

It was fascinating for me personally because I had never experienced something like this before. My family moved from Indianapolis when I was 14, and I've spent close to the last 13 years here in Atlanta. Outside of your basic deep south race relations stuff, Indiana and Georgia aren't that much different when it comes to every day people and every day life. But Colorado, and Denver specifically, gave me a feeling like I was in an entirely different country. People in Colorado are doing this shit for fun, and people where I'm from are doing it in fear (even the parents that have to illegally go out of state to obtain medicinal forms of cannabis for their children because Georgia will only allow absurdly weak (potency) forms.).

These people in Colorado had liberties (even over their own bodies) that I am not afforded in my home. And they voted for these liberties and decided as a state this is how they wanted to operate. Friction was probably inevitable because Sessions has always made it clear how he felt about Marijuana, but Trump said he felt it should be up to the states.

Does the white house actually intend to go out here and start hitting these legal spots? And for the conservatives out there that perceive Marijuana to be a non issue, what happened to your respect for state rights? I can understand someone saying they don't agree with Marijuana legalization; I can't understand the hypocrisy of suggesting a state doesn't have the right to choose how they operate here.
I agree, and I just don't understand his motivation from a political point of view. Perhaps this is one issue where Trump and Sessions will let their principles win out, even if I personally despise his principles.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:36 PM

Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
IMO, the issue with pot laws are the same with alcohol laws. Both impair your ability to make good decisions in rapid situations (i.e. driving) and both need to be regulated in order to try and prevent harm from that situation. You often just don't harm yourself in those situations.

The biggest issue? It is fairly hard for anyone besides a hard core alcoholic to mask the signs of alcohol impairment. However, with MJ acting in much more subdued ways physically, it is easier to mask the impairment when under its influence.

And, unfortunately, people under the influence of either rarely have the ability to decide when they are impaired so as to use it responsibly so then tragedy can happen.

I think the glue is out of the bottle and that MJ will be legalized across the nation within a decade. But, with states now wanting to get into the tax revenue of it, there is no going backwards.

I have never wanted to smoke it (due to having a security clearance since I was 21 years old and in junior ROTC / college ROTC for the 8 years prior to that) but I don't really have an issue with anyone else doing so AS LONG AS IT IS RESPONSIBLE AND LEGAL.

Cheers,
The reason it's difficult to mask someone hammered vs someone stoned is the fact that someone hammered is typically more impaired than the stoned person. It's pretty hard to mask someone stoned to the point they can't function well either.

To put it another way, if someone has like 2-3 beers or whatever and they have a BAC of, say, 0.08 or so they are impaired but enough to mask it. If they drank the whole 12 pack and their BAC is at, say, 0.16 or whatever it becomes more difficult. Same with weed, though there isn't as precise a test to measure active THC levels as opposed to BAC.

While both drugs can have negative effects on a person, I struggle to see how an objective person can say that they are equal. Alcohol is a CNS depressant, and by its nature it makes it impairs motor function. It's why drunk driving is so dangerous compared to almost any other drug. It's hard to operate machinery when your own machinery doesn't operate well.

From a more anecdotal POV, alcohol tends to bring out the violence in people I almost never see with weed. I think most people agree with that. I mean, look at the Parry thread. "He stole a golf cart and punched a guy? What the fuck is his problem? Oh, he was drunk? That explains it."

On your general point (I think) I agree that both need to be regulated.