ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-19-2017, 11:47 AM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
It's really beginning to look like a shut down year for Luck. I'm okay with that unless it also means that Pagano gets another chance next year.
I feel the same. It's not like Pagano hasn't played the injury card before to save his ass.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:08 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

I dont get the sense that ballard likes pagano for the coach. Irsay told him to give pags one year (without grigson) and then make a decision. Being late in the process of hiring and that ballard wanted the job, he agreed.

Pagano needed to show some real coaching talent to retain his job and he hasnt done that. He has no injury card to play with ballard. Ballard got him a really good back up QB but pags flaws are still evident.

Toub will be our couch next year unless some "name" becomes available that irsay insists upon (harbaugh).
Old 10-19-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
I dont get the sense that ballard likes pagano for the coach. Irsay told him to give pags one year (without grigson) and then make a decision. Being late in the process of hiring and that ballard wanted the job, he agreed.

Pagano needed to show some real coaching talent to retain his job and he hasnt done that. He has no injury card to play with ballard. Ballard got him a really good back up QB but pags flaws are still evident.

Toub will be our couch next year unless some "name" becomes available that irsay insists upon (harbaugh).

Agree completely. It was way too late to hire a quality coach when Ballard got there (thanks a lot Jim)........I forget which politician said this but you never want to waste a good crisis......I think Ballard was perfectly fine rolling with Chuckles cause smart guy that he is realized that the roster was a dumpster fire and would take two solid years of rebuild. By letting Jim keep Pagano he has a perfect target for fan fury while we suck this year while he puts his attention on the massive rebuild that this organization needs. Ballard has gone on record saying that his criteria for coach evaluation is talent development not just wins and losses. I am 100% confident that Pagano will be replaced. I think the only question is whether it will be mid season or not. I think the only scenario for mid season is if we have another massive blowout at a Home game. Jimmy doesn't like to be embarrassed.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:49 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
Agree completely. It was way too late to hire a quality coach when Ballard got there (thanks a lot Jim)........I forget which politician said this but you never want to waste a good crisis......I think Ballard was perfectly fine rolling with Chuckles cause smart guy that he is realized that the roster was a dumpster fire and would take two solid years of rebuild. By letting Jim keep Pagano he has a perfect target for fan fury while we suck this year while he puts his attention on the massive rebuild that this organization needs. Ballard has gone on record saying that his criteria for coach evaluation is talent development not just wins and losses. I am 100% confident that Pagano will be replaced. I think the only question is whether it will be mid season or not. I think the only scenario for mid season is if we have another massive blowout at a Home game. Jimmy doesn't like to be embarrassed.
I like that quote about not wasting a good crisis.

I dont think he will get replaced mid season unless there is a player mutiny. There is no real advantage to making an in season change unless the players are rebelling.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:27 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase448 View Post
Which we should have done with the Luck pick.
I said it then, I was right as hindsight has shown
Wait, you're saying they shouldn't have drafted Luck? Am I reading that right?
Old 10-19-2017, 05:01 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase448 View Post
Which we should have done with the Luck pick.
I said it then, I was right as hindsight has shown
you were wrong then and now
Old 10-19-2017, 05:22 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Shut it down.

I’m loving the possibility of what getting a top draft pick would mean for this franchise in terms of acquiring assets if we sold off a potentially extremely valuable pick.
No, a high draft pick needs to be a defensive stalwart, something to compliment Luck and build a defense around. I'm sure one of those exists in this draft.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:39 PM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Wait, you're saying they shouldn't have drafted Luck? Am I reading that right?
That's exactly correct, build a team, THEN add a QB. Throwing a frachise QB in the situation Luck faced just gets them killed.

What have we got for drafting Luck? A team pretty bare across the board talent wise except Luck, who is damaged.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:40 PM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
you were wrong then and now
Nope, spot on actually
Old 10-19-2017, 08:47 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
It isn't so much that, it's a problem with the overall fan base. Like it or not, the Colts (and Pacers) have a relatively weak fan base. If the teams aren't good, people won't pay much attention. Sure, there are some die-hard fans, but many of the people paying big money for the good seats are fair-weather. It's the reason that the roof is never open for a game at LOS. The fans would complain about being uncomfortable not having air-conditioning during the game. Irsay knows this from pre-Manning years of experience. It has improved since those days, but could pretty easily slide back. THAT is the main concern and the reason for the crap going on now.

I can say this because I'm from there and grew up with it. Hell, I stopped watching the Pacers (and NBA) after they lost to the Lakers in the Finals in 1999/2000. They will never win a title, so I stopped wasting my time. When I was in grade school, the Pacers would give free tickets to the schools. I attended many a game in Market Square Arena back in the Wayman Tisdale days for free. We'd get free tickets and my friend's parents would load us into the car and off we'd go.
/my longest post ever
It is as much about the fact it is a fairly small market with its edges having a fairly strong historical affiliation with other markets. It makes it hard to have as many diehard fans. Shit look at how poorly many larger markets have done with teams struggling, the Colts fan base does not look so bad then. We are certainly not Browns fans, but we could be LA fans.
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
Brylok (10-19-2017)