ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-27-2023, 09:35 PM

Thanked 1,584 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Bethea was a gem that Grigson was too arrogant to keep around.
That fucker's name should be censored here. I can't read it without shaking my head and getting annoyed.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (01-27-2023), IndyNorm (01-28-2023), JAFF (01-29-2023), Racehorse (01-27-2023), YDFL Commish (01-28-2023)
Old 01-28-2023, 01:20 PM

Thanked 1,280 Times in 726 Posts

I'm not as high on the class as some of you guys, but do agree that they show the potential to be a good class. Hopefully some of their lack of development had to do with the coaching staff debacle. My take:

Pierce - Was good for the first half of the season but was pretty much non-existent in the 2nd half of the season. Hopefully this was due to the whole coaching debacle.

Woods - Certainly had his moments and IMO showed he has the highest upside of anyone in the class. It was frustrating seeing him have a great game one week then barely play the next. Hopefully that was due to our coaches not really being able to figure out how to use him and that the new coaching staff is able to figure that out.

Raimann - Was thrust into the starting lineup well before he should have been due to Ballard's unbelievably incompetent decision to hand Matt Pryor the starting LT position. So not a big surprise he struggled early. Glad he was able to progress and if he continues to do so and becomes a good LT then that will be huge for us.

Cross - Huge disappointment after the hype coming out of TC and the preseason. Hope a full offseason gets him in a place where he can start meeting his potential. Good that he was able to play well on ST, so he can at least be productively there if he doesn't develop into a starting safety.

Johnson - Saw some action but didn't really do much. We'll see if he develops into a decent rotational guy.

Thomas - Obviously a great rookie season, especially compared to expectations. Could be a special pick.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
apballin (01-28-2023)
Old 01-29-2023, 12:56 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,266 Times in 2,014 Posts

o

For the 2022 AFC and NFC championship playoff games.

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/show...151#post259151

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-29-2023, 02:33 PM

Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
That fucker's name should be censored here. I can't read it without shaking my head and getting annoyed.
I won't mention his name in this post. First let's reminisce and watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smUcJsbILUs

Then let's look back and think if that arrogant MF had kept just Garcon and Bethea, who were still in their prime, here are the moves that wouldn't have been made. No chasing Avery, Nicks Johnson (I'll bet in the long run Garcon would've been cheaper). No drafting of Dorsett. No stupid ass signing of LaRon Landry. Probably no dumb ass trade for Richardson. Then the draft and free agency could've been spent on the OL and the defense.

BTW, in watching that video, it just brings back memories of how good Luck was. Off of any platform, with just a flick of his wrist, he could launch the ball 40 yards downfield on a rope.

There is only one QB in this draft that has the ability to do that and it's Levis.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (01-30-2023), Racehorse (01-30-2023)
Old 01-29-2023, 03:04 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,604 Times in 931 Posts

Quote:
I won't mention his name in this post. First let's reminisce and watch this video.

Then let's look back and think if that arrogant MF had kept just Garcon and Bethea, who were still in their prime, here are the moves that wouldn't have been made. No chasing Avery, Nicks Johnson (I'll bet in the long run Garcon would've been cheaper). No drafting of Dorsett. No stupid ass signing of LaRon Landry. Probably no dumb ass trade for Richardson. Then the draft and free agency could've been spent on the OL and the defense.

BTW, in watching that video, it just brings back memories of how good Luck was. Off of any platform, with just a flick of his wrist, he could launch the ball 40 yards downfield on a rope.

There is only one QB in this draft that has the ability to do that and it's Levis.
Stroud and Young can both do that as well, with far better accuracy.
Old 01-29-2023, 04:45 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

For the 2022 AFC and NFC championship playoff games.

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/show...151#post259151

o
Purdy is injured and out of the game in the first quarter. 49ers have no chance. Shame it could have been a good game.
Old 01-29-2023, 07:08 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:

Are we talking about Grigson, Voldemort, or both?
Old 01-29-2023, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Stroud and Young can both do that as well, with far better accuracy.
So you're sayin g that Young and Stroud have as strong an arm as Levis? If so you sir are delusional.
Old 01-30-2023, 03:13 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,604 Times in 931 Posts

Quote:
So you're sayin g that Young and Stroud have as strong an arm as Levis? If so you sir are delusional.
No, but you said 40 yards, not 65. There aren't many times a 65 yard throw is necessary in the NFL.
Old 01-30-2023, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
No, but you said 40 yards, not 65. There aren't many times a 65 yard throw is necessary in the NFL.
I'm saying 40 yards with guys in your face, off platform and the ball on a rope. Not a lollipop 40 yard pass.