ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-28-2023, 11:18 AM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Let’s skip past the idea that Reich is the GM. I don’t have any idea who or how much anyone advocated for Ryan. But I’ll go ahead and ask - which of those two should they have taken a shot with? The always broken Jimmy? Or the head case that is Mayfield? I’d argue that if the line hadn’t collapsed they could have won with Ryan. Either way it’s trying to find the best out of some less than ideal options. A situation they painted themselves in to with the constant punting at QB.

The issue with this team hasn’t been player development or in game coaching. It has been roster construction - lack of focus on key positions (WR, LT), failures at others (DE), a constant focus on development over winning, a general disregard for the value of mid level vets, and a degree of “fiscal responsibility” that puts the team at a disadvantage nearly every season. I’ve been complaining about it since Ballard’s second off season. Plenty of you pin the obvious consequences of Ballard’s philosophy on Reich. I guess we’ll agree on one thing - Reich shouldn’t be a GM.
Great post. Let's not exclude the guy who put the players that got Reich fired in place. I mean when you're starting LT is Matt Pryor your O is going to suck.

Agree on your QB take as well. Jimmy G is better than Ryan now when he's healthy, but he's hurt all of the time and probably wouldn't have made it 2 games w/ this OL Ballard put together. And just b/c Mayfield had 2 good games out of 5 w/ the Rams doesn't mean he would have been better either. He was horrible in Carolina.