ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-27-2023, 07:32 AM

I wish Frank the best too, but I think he has to get fired here to become a better coach going forward.

The consistency with this teams early season failures never changed, and after last year’s collapse, it would have been insane to keep this shit going.

It is what it is. I just hope Irsay & Ballard get this shit right so the pricks in the national media, like Florio, can’t keep up their lazy fucking narrative of trying to make Indianapolis out to be a historical fuckup like Cleveland.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-27-2023), YDFL Commish (01-27-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
I wish Frank the best too, but I think he has to get fired here to become a better coach going forward.

The consistency with this teams early season failures never changed, and after last year’s collapse, it would have been insane to keep this shit going.

It is what it is. I just hope Irsay & Ballard get this shit right so the pricks in the national media, like Florio, can’t keep up their lazy fucking narrative of trying to make Indianapolis out to be a historical fuckup like Cleveland.
The constant turnover at QB and constantly being asked to find an answer from some combination of rookie and cast offs at critical positions (LT, DE, WR) are the reasons for slow starts every year. That they typically played better by mid and late season (except after being gutted by Covid) is a sign of good coaching. They were 3-3-1 when Irsay started meddling and there is zero reason to believe they wouldn’t have improved as the season progressed. Firing Reich accomplished one thing - a better draft pick. If Irsay hires “the motivator” Saturday, we will be Cleveland. Team is already a fucking laughing stock thanks to Irsay and Ballard.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
TheMugwump (01-29-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 11:35 AM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Everyone can bitch all they want about Reich. But he was dealt a bad hand and made due with what he had without complaining.

I wish him the best
well said.

reich is a good coach. the players on this team are why he is gone.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (01-27-2023), Hoopsdoc (01-27-2023), JAFF (01-28-2023), Puck (01-27-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 01:24 PM

When the Colts got Wentz, I wasn't happy. I thought they should have gone after Darnold. That decision is IMO what made Reich expendable. He vouched for that POS. I don't think he's a bad coach, but I prefer IN YOUR FACE type coaches. When things were going really bad this year, he just sort of looked like a helpless victim and when players fucked up, there seemed to be no accountability. That I don't like. I believe he got a raw deal here and that no coach could have succeeded with the QB carousel that the Colts have had in his time here. He had to go since you can't fire the entire team. It will be interesting to see how he does with the Panthers and with Darnold. Darnold is only 25 years old right now, so I still believe he can become at least a good QB. If he is successful and Darnold becomes a solid QB, there are a lot of folks here that need to eat crow.
TheMugwump (01-29-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 03:08 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
When the Colts got Wentz, I wasn't happy. I thought they should have gone after Darnold. That decision is IMO what made Reich expendable. He vouched for that POS. I don't think he's a bad coach, but I prefer IN YOUR FACE type coaches. When things were going really bad this year, he just sort of looked like a helpless victim and when players fucked up, there seemed to be no accountability. That I don't like. I believe he got a raw deal here and that no coach could have succeeded with the QB carousel that the Colts have had in his time here. He had to go since you can't fire the entire team. It will be interesting to see how he does with the Panthers and with Darnold. Darnold is only 25 years old right now, so I still believe he can become at least a good QB. If he is successful and Darnold becomes a solid QB, there are a lot of folks here that need to eat crow.
Darnold is bad, never going to be any good. There are just some guys that can't do this on a conistent basis. They make great money for 8-12 years wearing a hat and headset but put them in a game scenario for a sufficient duration of time, they demonstrate that's where they belong- on the sidelines.

If they stick with Darnold, with the way Frank coaches, Frank won't make it to the end of year 2.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:48 PM

Thanked 1,896 Times in 923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Darnold is bad, never going to be any good. There are just some guys that can't do this on a conistent basis. They make great money for 8-12 years wearing a hat and headset but put them in a game scenario for a sufficient duration of time, they demonstrate that's where they belong- on the sidelines.

If they stick with Darnold, with the way Frank coaches, Frank won't make it to the end of year 2.
Based on Reichs history, if Darnold is his starter, he will play as well or better than he ever has.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Brylok (01-27-2023), TheMugwump (01-29-2023), YDFL Commish (01-27-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 03:54 PM

Thanked 1,593 Times in 764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
well said.

reich is a good coach. the players on this team are why he is gone.
Very true. But half of the story. He also had an owner who, uncharacteristically, started dipping his fingers into the sauce.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (01-28-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 04:11 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Based on Reichs history, if Darnold is his starter, he will play as well or better than he ever has.
Yeah, I think Frank being back in Carolina with a fresh start is the best thing for him. It just got old and toxic and worn out with the Colts. If Darnold has anything left, Frank will probably find it.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:18 PM

Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,475 Posts

Good for them. He's a solid HC in the league. His time just was up here though. Sometimes change is good for everyone.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:20 PM

Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Everyone can bitch all they want about Reich. But he was dealt a bad hand and made due with what he had without complaining.

I wish him the best
The trouble is, he dealt himself Wentz.
Racehorse (01-27-2023)