ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-26-2023, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Everyone can bitch all they want about Reich. But he was dealt a bad hand and made due with what he had without complaining.

I wish him the best
Brylok (01-27-2023), Colts And Orioles (01-26-2023), Ironshaft (01-27-2023), omahacolt (01-27-2023), TheMugwump (01-29-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 07:47 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
He was scapegoated here. That’s just reality.

That he was the first coach hired and Carolina hired him after interviewing Sean Payton says all you need to know about what the league thinks of him as a coach and who was at fault for what happened in Indy.
Eh. I guess you could say scapegoated. I think there were a lot of problems in the organization. I think frank overall was a good coach, probably a better OC or QB coach, but fine as a HC. Ultimately I think the team was sort of spiraling downward and he was not going to be able to bring it back with his voice/methods. I think irsay saw this and wanted a change, thus he was let go with the intent of losing, getting a high pick and starting over with a new staff.

Dont compare his hiring with sean payton. Payton would require compensation to the saints which could be a huge factor in carolina's decision.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 08:30 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Luck kinda fucked Reich, but Reich wanted Wentz and then Ryan because he wanted a QB to have a camp. So he handpicked his last 2 QBs and the results were terrible
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Brylok (01-27-2023), ChoppedWood (01-27-2023), nate505 (01-27-2023), YDFL Commish (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 08:51 PM

Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,197 Posts

One thing we should consider, is that I'm sure that Ballard and Reich had a mid-season, very long meeting with Irsay.

My guess is that Ballard said, look Jim, I screwed up. I did not get us the right players at several positions. While Reich said, I'm sorry Jim, I've got no answers. We will just keep grinding and get 1% every day. You don't thin that was getting old?

Look, I wish all the success in the world in Carolina. We all know that he wasn't the only problem. But his time was just with this team.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
nate505 (01-27-2023), Racehorse (01-27-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 08:51 PM

Thanked 1,895 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Eh. I guess you could say scapegoated. I think there were a lot of problems in the organization. I think frank overall was a good coach, probably a better OC or QB coach, but fine as a HC. Ultimately I think the team was sort of spiraling downward and he was not going to be able to bring it back with his voice/methods. I think irsay saw this and wanted a change, thus he was let go with the intent of losing, getting a high pick and starting over with a new staff.

Dont compare his hiring with sean payton. Payton would require compensation to the saints which could be a huge factor in carolina's decision.
I think Reichs biggest problem as coach is his failure to hold guys accountable. He’s just too nice.

And who knows, it probably wasn’t gonna work here anyway after everything that went down. Irsay absolutely DETESTED Wentz and Frank was directly responsible for bringing him here. That was Franks mistake and I don’t think Jim ever really got over it.

It just drives me insane to see everyone dumping all the blame on Reich when he was clearly not the problem. That became painfully obvious the minute Jeff Saturday showed up.

As for Sean Payton, if the Panthers felt he was head and shoulders better than Reich, they would have paid the price necessary to get him. That’s kind of my point. They obviously didn’t think there was that much of a difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 09:05 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
He coached Peyton Manning And I am sure PM gave his endorsement

Some of you are aver the top with criticism. Its stupid
Peyton also endorses Brian Callahan. Irsay is still going with Saturday.
Old 01-26-2023, 09:58 PM

Thanked 1,588 Times in 762 Posts

Panthers are excited, as they should be. Must've thought he was the best guy available this offseason signing him so quick. Curious what they plan on doing at QB.

Panthers scoring ranks the past few years have been: 20th, 29th, 24th, 20th

Colts scoring with Reich before the Twilight Zone happened: 9th, 9th, 16th, 5th
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (01-26-2023), Ironshaft (01-27-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 11:43 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,607 Times in 2,019 Posts

People on Twitter laughed when I said he would get hired again quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (01-27-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 01:31 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I think Reichs biggest problem as coach is his failure to hold guys accountable. He’s just too nice.

And who knows, it probably wasn’t gonna work here anyway after everything that went down. Irsay absolutely DETESTED Wentz and Frank was directly responsible for bringing him here. That was Franks mistake and I don’t think Jim ever really got over it.

It just drives me insane to see everyone dumping all the blame on Reich when he was clearly not the problem. That became painfully obvious the minute Jeff Saturday showed up.

As for Sean Payton, if the Panthers felt he was head and shoulders better than Reich, they would have paid the price necessary to get him. That’s kind of my point. They obviously didn’t think there was that much of a difference.
Pierce was on one of the drive time shows today. He was asked about the difference in having Frank vs Saturday. He made a very telling statement. He said Frank was a very nice guy, pretty soft spoken. He referred to him as a "mind". Said Saturday was more of an energy guy, more of a fire people up guy.

Definitely sounds like Frank struck people as the thinker and implementer much more than the leader.

I don't think you can succeed in the NFL as a head coach without being that guy that the locker room looks at as their leader vs their teacher.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-27-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 01:37 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Congratulations to Frank Reich! I'm glad he landed on his feet. Now Irsay can afford to fire Chris Ballard and not have to pay two guys to do nothing, as Kravitz said a couple of weeks ago on the morning show. The only reason Ballard is still there.
IndyNorm (01-27-2023)