ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-26-2023, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Sorry Daniel Jones, Giants. Free agent.

Sign him, keep the first round pick
I just puked in my mouth a little bit.

Sorry, there is ZERO chance Irsay allows the team to roll with a veteran retread, part V, The Electric Jive:

Jacoby Brissett
Phillip Rivers
Carson Wentz
Matt Ryan
#5 Is Not Alive

Nope. It is rookie QB 100%. Irsay allowed himself to be led this past year but with the #4 pick overall? No way we do not select QB this season.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
Spike (01-28-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 02:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post

Sorry, there is ZERO chance Irsay allows the team to roll with a veteran retread, part V, The Electric Jive:

Jacoby Brissett
Phillip Rivers
Carson Wentz
Matt Ryan
#5 Is Not Alive

Nope. It is rookie QB 100%. Irsay allowed himself to be led this past year but with the #4 pick overall? No way we do not select QB this season.
Yeah, I know. Lets just say there isnt a rookie Qb that the Colts are sold on. You sign (fill in the blank) and draft the best available O line man. You can trade that #4 pick for more picks and fill other holes.

If the Colts draft a rookie Qb with their first pick, and dont address the O line, they wont have a running game to help that rookie QB, and its Ground hog Day all over again.

Why has Brock Purdy succeeded? He is smart, protected the football, and the O has been terrific and they stay out of long yardage situations, by running the ball.
Old 01-26-2023, 02:15 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post

The list only includes players taken in the first 3 rounds.

o

Thanks for the list.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-26-2023, 10:27 PM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Sorry Daniel Jones, Giants. Free agent.

Sign him, keep the first round pick
Obviously I was talking about Mac Jones. Didn't even occur to me that I should clarify Mac and not Daniel b/c Daniel isn't very good and there's no way we could have drafted him in '19. He went 6th overall and we had the 26th pick.
Old 01-27-2023, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I know. Lets just say there isnt a rookie Qb that the Colts are sold on. You sign (fill in the blank) and draft the best available O line man. You can trade that #4 pick for more picks and fill other holes.

If the Colts draft a rookie Qb with their first pick, and dont address the O line, they wont have a running game to help that rookie QB, and its Ground hog Day all over again.

Why has Brock Purdy succeeded? He is smart, protected the football, and the O has been terrific and they stay out of long yardage situations, by running the ball.
I appreciate the thought, but the success of Purdy has pushed me more onto the train that the Colts will have a rookie QB next season.

Yes, let's say that Colts management says "only Young and Stroud are worthy of a 1st round pick" and then both are off the board by the #4 pick which I think is highly likely.

Knowing Ballard, there is probably a high chance in that scenario that he trades down, stocks more picks and still get a non-QB quality player with a top ten pick.

However, now, he will be looking at a 2nd round or 3rd round pick rookie QB to come in and, most likely, suck it up next year for when there is a stronger QB class to choose from and we probably have a top five pick again.

And if your lower pick rookie QB pulls a Purdy? Well, that is just icing on the cake. You got your QB of the future with a not-top-ten pick which is brilliant.

Or, heck, for all I know, AR-15 is the Colts love child and he will definingly be there at #4!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
JAFF (01-27-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 11:17 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post

Jacoby Brissett
Phillip Rivers
Carson Wentz
Matt Ryan
#5 Is Not Alive

short circuit reference

nice
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (01-28-2023)
Old 01-28-2023, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Explains part of the Colts problems, quality Qb is hard to find
That goes for the NFL. I think it's going to change how the games are played.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:25 PM

Thanked 1,571 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
That goes for the NFL. I think it's going to change how the games are played.
I think we're already there. Or at least well into the process.

---

Just saw that Mel Kiper's mock draft. Not that you should value it too much (I typically don't). But it's kind of interesting because it's one of the only different takes I've seen from the top QB's.

With no trades, he has Houston taking C.J. Stroud at #2, Colts taking Bryce Young and #4, and Seahawks taking Will Levis at #5 even though he says he thinks Levis will be the best QB to come out.
Old 01-29-2023, 12:37 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I think we're already there. Or at least well into the process.

---

Just saw that Mel Kiper's mock draft. Not that you should value it too much (I typically don't). But it's kind of interesting because it's one of the only different takes I've seen from the top QB's.

With no trades, he has Houston taking C.J. Stroud at #2, Colts taking Bryce Young and #4, and Seahawks taking Will Levis at #5 even though he says he thinks Levis will be the best QB to come out.
I see the shift has started. Guessing the insider draft experts have finally started talking to their contacts in front offices.
Old 01-29-2023, 07:24 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I see the shift has started. Guessing the insider draft experts have finally started talking to their contacts in front offices.
Yeah, Kiper had Manning as third best player in the draft