ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-25-2023, 02:36 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,267 Times in 2,015 Posts

o

Saturday may or may not be a horrible head coach, but I don't think that anyone can know that for certain after 8 games. Bill Parcells was 3-12-1 in his first season coaching the Giants in 1983.

So for the time being, all we can do is patiently wait to see what Saturday says, and (more significantly) see what Jim Irsay says.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-25-2023, 08:49 PM

Thanked 1,292 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Saturday may or may not be a horrible head coach, but I don't think that anyone can know that for certain after 8 games. Bill Parcells was 3-12-1 in his first season coaching the Giants in 1983.

So for the time being, all we can do is patiently wait to see what Saturday says, and (more significantly) see what Jim Irsay says.

o
I'm just a little too young to remember Parcells' first year. Did his team get completely embarrassed multiple times, set an NFL record in futility, and give up at the end of the season like the Colts did under Saturday?
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (01-27-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 09:44 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
I'm just a little too young to remember Parcells' first year. Did his team get completely embarrassed multiple times, set an NFL record in futility, and give up at the end of the season like the Colts did under Saturday?
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/nyg/1983.htm
Old 01-25-2023, 10:44 PM
Historian

Quote:
o

o

Quote:

o

They were awful.

They didn't have to give up, they got their asses kicked in almost every game that they played.

They were the antithesis of the team that won their division, the Washington Redskins. The Giants literally scored less than half of the points that the Redskins scored that year (the Giants scored 267 points, the Redskins scored 541 points.)

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-25-2023, 11:06 PM

Quote:
o

They were awful.

They didn't have to give up, they got their asses kicked in almost every game that they played.

They were the antithesis of the team that won their division, the Washington Redskins. The Giants literally scored less than half of the points that the Redskins scored that year (the Giants scored 267 points, the Redskins scored 541 points.)

o
Took a look at their schedule Jaff linked, and yeah they were bad. But I think the '22 Colts were worse. We won 1 more game (although also played 1 more game), but the '83 Giants had 3 fewer 20 point losses, worse loss was 21 points vs. 35 for us, and they didn't set any NFL blown lead records like the Colts did. Also, they're last 3 losses were by 4, 5, and 9 points vs. 17, 28, and 1 (to the 2nd worst team in the league). So it looks like they didn't actually give up at the end of season like the Colts' players did.

Last edited by IndyNorm; 01-25-2023 at 11:21 PM.
Old 01-25-2023, 11:19 PM
Historian

Quote:

Took a look at their schedule Jaff linked, and yeah they were bad. But I think the '22 were worse. We won 1 more game (although also played 1 more game), but the '83 Giants had 3 fewer 20 point losses, worse loss was 21 points vs. 35 for us, and they didn't set any NFL blown lead records like the Colts did. Also, they're last 3 losses were by 4, 5, and 9 points vs. 17, 28, and 1 (to the 2nd worst team in the league). So it looks like they didn't actually give up at the end of season like the Colts' players did.

o

You said that you were too young to remember the '83 Giants. And so you asked me, and I told you. I remember them, and watched all of their games here in New York State with my own lying eyes. They were awful, and anybody who advocated that the Giants were well on their way to a long and prosperous run with their new head coach when the season ended in December would have been viewed as somebody who needs some major psychiatric treatment.

o

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (01-25-2023), Ironshaft (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 12:30 AM

Quote:
o

You said that you were too young to remember the '83 Giants. And so you asked me, and I told you. I remember them, and watched all of their games here in New York State with my own lying eyes. They were awful, and anybody who advocated that the Giants were well on their way to a long and prosperous run with their new head coach when the season ended in December would have been viewed as somebody who needs some major psychiatric treatment.

o
Fair enough, and as always I appreciate your response and insight. I was just trying to make the point that it looks and sounds like the '83 Giants were a really bad team whereas the '22 Colts were also a really bad team who also gave up under Saturday. Which IMO should make Saturday not qualified to be our head coach going forward.
Old 01-26-2023, 01:38 AM

Which one of you guys started the petition. Shawn Ward, show yourself.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:36 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Fair enough, and as always I appreciate your response and insight. I was just trying to make the point that it looks and sounds like the '83 Giants were a really bad team whereas the '22 Colts were also a really bad team who also gave up under Saturday. Which IMO should make Saturday not qualified to be our head coach going forward.
My conviction is that is exactly WHY he will be the coach. I am convinced they set about with a plan to suck and suck bad.
Old 01-26-2023, 10:18 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:

Daniel Jones FA. He looked good against the Colts.

Any one who was getting paid and quit on the team should get cut. No coach is going to turn those people around.

Last edited by JAFF; 01-26-2023 at 10:23 AM.