ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-30-2023, 10:24 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,610 Times in 936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I'm saying 40 yards with guys in your face, off platform and the ball on a rope. Not a lollipop 40 yard pass.
So the first TD in the Georgia game for Stroud? Or the one just before the half?
Old 01-30-2023, 11:16 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,610 Times in 936 Posts

As for last year's class, get someone who can throw a fade and Pierce will look as good as he did in the first half of the season, I see legit WR2 (to MPJ's WR1) potential in him. I still believe in the Gronk-like potential I saw from Jelani Woods coming out of college. Raimann has obviously caught the eye of several talent evaluators and did look good at LT in college. The sky is the limit for a LT that played that well in his third year of football at any level. He may be 26, but LTs can play well into their late 30s, and this one has a lot less wear and tear on his body than the average 26 year old starting NFL LT. Nick Cross was awarded the starting job out of training camp and, despite early struggles, still contributed on special teams. He was also in his age 21 season. For comparison sake, Antoine Bethea's age 21 season was his senior season at Howard and Bob Sanders's age 21 season was his junior season at Iowa. So there's definitely hope for improvement, and quite a lot of physical traits with which to make it happen. Eric Johnson kept a roster spot and played 15-20% of the defensive snaps in the second half of the season, which is not a bad performance for a 5th round pick. Andrew Ogletree looked good in camp before going on IR. Curtis Brooks is now a Titan. And Rodney Thomas was a hidden gem that ended up starting 10 games, played a minimum of 25% of the defensive snaps from Week 3 on, and had 10 total PBUs including 4 INTs. In the UDFA class, Dallis Flowers was voted to the All-Rookie team as a KR, and JoJo Domann was also an important Special Teams contributor.

Overall, this is a class with 5 potential starters, 1 potential rotational player, and 2 quality ST contributors. So this has the potential to be a great draft class.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-30-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 12:43 PM

Thanked 1,592 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
As for last year's class, get someone who can throw a fade and Pierce will look as good as he did in the first half of the season, I see legit WR2 (to MPJ's WR1) potential in him. I still believe in the Gronk-like potential I saw from Jelani Woods coming out of college. Raimann has obviously caught the eye of several talent evaluators and did look good at LT in college. The sky is the limit for a LT that played that well in his third year of football at any level. He may be 26, but LTs can play well into their late 30s, and this one has a lot less wear and tear on his body than the average 26 year old starting NFL LT. Nick Cross was awarded the starting job out of training camp and, despite early struggles, still contributed on special teams. He was also in his age 21 season. For comparison sake, Antoine Bethea's age 21 season was his senior season at Howard and Bob Sanders's age 21 season was his junior season at Iowa. So there's definitely hope for improvement, and quite a lot of physical traits with which to make it happen. Eric Johnson kept a roster spot and played 15-20% of the defensive snaps in the second half of the season, which is not a bad performance for a 5th round pick. Andrew Ogletree looked good in camp before going on IR. Curtis Brooks is now a Titan. And Rodney Thomas was a hidden gem that ended up starting 10 games, played a minimum of 25% of the defensive snaps from Week 3 on, and had 10 total PBUs including 4 INTs. In the UDFA class, Dallis Flowers was voted to the All-Rookie team as a KR, and JoJo Domann was also an important Special Teams contributor.

Overall, this is a class with 5 potential starters, 1 potential rotational player, and 2 quality ST contributors. So this has the potential to be a great draft class.
Yeah, I know some feel disappointed in Cross, but I wouldn't panic. He was literally the youngest player in the league. The only player in the NFL that was 20 on opening day.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-30-2023)