ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-17-2017, 08:26 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by natagu23 View Post
Tom Brady is better than Manning.

Hate to say it but he just is. Last year's Superbowl did it for me.

Yes, it was a epic choke by the Falcons, but a lot of it had to do with Tom Brady's aura.

In the 2nd half you know the Falcons were like "oh sh*t! Here comes Tom Brady and those lesbians."

Manning, for as great as he was never instilled that kinda fear to opposing teams on the big stage.
This is the most moronic post I have ever read. What the fuck are you even talking about? Dumb shit
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (05-18-2017), Hoopsdoc (06-03-2017), Racehorse (05-18-2017), Wyatt (05-18-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
This is the most moronic post I have ever read. What the fuck are you even talking about? Dumb shit
Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning on the big stage?

How dumb do you have to be not to understand that?
Old 05-18-2017, 01:29 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:

You confuse "better" with "cheats more".
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Thorgrim (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 02:03 AM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Maybe the madden curse will strike this year
Old 05-18-2017, 02:03 AM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:

Except he isn't

Holy fuck dude. Have you been brainwashed by Espn? Tom Brady's aura? What is that?

Put manning on the pats and they probably win 8 Super Bowls or more.

Tom Brady's aura. Haha wtf
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (05-18-2017), Colts And Orioles (05-18-2017), Coltsalr (05-18-2017), FatDT (05-18-2017), Racehorse (05-18-2017), rcubed (05-18-2017), Thorgrim (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 08:23 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Tom Brady from the last few seasons might be almost as good as Manning was for his entire career. Cheating or not he's a very good QB. But he took a long time to get there and has had exponentially better coaching and a much better supporting cast. I can't believe I am having this conversation in 2017 with a long-time Colts fan.
The Following User Says Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
HoosierinFL (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
You confuse "better" with "cheats more".
I would add lucky too. If the Falcons and Seahawks weren't such dumb fucks, Brady at best would only be 2-5 instead of 5-2. I don't count the Pats win over the Rams because that was the start of their cheating ways.
apballin (05-19-2017), Maniac (05-20-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
Tom Brady from the last few seasons might be almost as good as Manning was for his entire career. Cheating or not he's a very good QB. But he took a long time to get there and has had exponentially better coaching and a much better supporting cast. I can't believe I am having this conversation in 2017 with a long-time Colts fan.
Stop it.

Brady could literally win two more superbowls and Colt fans would still say Manning was the better Qb when it took two great post-season defensive runs/team to get Manning his rings.

Again, when it comes to clutch... Brady has the come back drives and rings to prove it. Meanwhile as a Colts fan, I know how mediocre Manning was in the 2007 post season, and I saw the Broncos' defense literally carry Manning to a Superbowl.

So, clutch doesn't count for anything?

Last edited by natagu23; 05-19-2017 at 02:40 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Stop it.

Brady could literally win two more superbowls and Colt fans would still say Manning was the better Qb when it took two great post-season defensive runs/team to get Manning his rings.

Again, when it comes to clutch... Brady has the come back drives and rings to prove it. Meanwhile as a Colts fan, I know how mediocre Manning was in the 2007 post season, and I saw the Broncos' defense literal carry Manning to a Superbowl.

So, clutch doesn't count for anything?
I understand where you're coming from.

But Brady is not a fair comparison. Manning never enjoyed the consistent supporting cast that Brady did. Manning had some offensive weapons but I never felt Manning's teams had more talent in relation to New England. Brady has had one head coach his entire career. That coach also happens to be the best to ever do it. I know he cheats, I'm done crying about it because it's evident nobody really gives a shit.

Brady proved to me he had a dick and balls when they lost that game to Denver in the conference championship. Ware/Miller and everyone else on that Denver defense kicked the dog shit out of Brady in ways I really don't think Manning could have handled.

But Manning has won two superbowls with two different teams, and appeared in four. And I just don't think Brady does that. I think FatDT is right in the suggestion that perhaps now Brady is as good of a pure quarterback as Manning was his entire career, but if anything that illustrates how incredible Manning was for this Franchise. The success of the colts literally started and stopped with Manning, New England should have gone to the playoffs with Matt Castle's 11-5 record, the year Brady's knee folded.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (05-18-2017), rcubed (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 09:06 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post

I understand where you're coming from.

But Brady is not a fair comparison. Manning never enjoyed the consistent supporting cast that Brady did. Manning had some offensive weapons, but I never felt Manning's teams had more talent in relation to New England. Brady has had one head coach his entire career. That coach also happens to be the best to ever do it. I know he cheats, I'm done crying about it because it's evident nobody really gives a shit.

Brady proved to me he had a dick and balls when they lost that game to Denver in the conference championship. Ware/Miller and everyone else on that Denver defense kicked the dog shit out of Brady in ways I really don't think Manning could have handled.

But Manning has won two superbowls with two different teams, and appeared in four. And I just don't think Brady does that. I think FatDT is right in the suggestion that perhaps now Brady is as good of a pure quarterback as Manning was his entire career, but if anything that illustrates how incredible Manning was for this Franchise. The success of the colts literally started and stopped with Manning, New England should have gone to the playoffs with Matt Castle's 11-5 record, the year Brady's knee folded.

o

When Peyton Manning missed the entire 2011 season due to injury, the Colts lost their first 13 games of the season, and went 2-14 overall.

When Tom Brady missed the entire 2008 season, the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassel at quarterback, and only missed the postseason because of a tiebreaker. In fact, they were only the second team ever to go 11-5 and miss the postseason (the 1985 Denver Broncos being the other) since the inaugural 16-game schedule season in 1978.

Terry Bradshaw was a very good quarterback, and he excelled in the postseason (particularly in bad-weather games.) And I believe that he is rightfully a member of the Hall-of-Fame. However, his being 4-0 in the Super Bowl as a starting quarterback (including two Super Bowl MVP awards) does not necessarily mean that he was a better quarterback than was Dan Marino, whose team was blown out by the 49ers by a score of 38-16 in the only Super Bowl that he ever reached.

Yes, Brady has made it to 7 Super Bowls, winning 5 of them. That doesn't necessarily doesn't make him a better quarterback than Peyton Manning, any more than Terry Bradshaw's 2 Super Bowl MVP's and 4 Super Bowl titles necessarily make him a better quarterback than Dan Marino.

Bart Stahr won 5 world championships also, but I don't think that that necessarily means that he was a better quarterback than John Elway, Johnny Unitas, Drew Brees, or Roger Staubach all were, either.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
natagu23 (05-19-2017), Racehorse (05-19-2017)