ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-19-2017, 03:28 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Despite this year being a royal bitch, I dont think anyone can argue that the future of this team is Andrew Luck. We should have the best OL in football and we aren't even close yet.
There is supposedly a guard out of Notre Dame this year on the same level as Zach Martin. And their LT is a good player worth a day 1/day 2 pick.

I like the idea of a high end LT and having the domino effect improve three spots total. Though I'm also fine pushing Haeg into the Reitz role. We do need talent but we also need a cohesive scheme.

I haven't been playing attention to CFB this year so I'll just be reading draft blogs like everyone else in the world.

Last edited by FatDT; 11-19-2017 at 03:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Pez (11-20-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 03:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
There is supposedly a guard out of Notre Dame this year on the same level as Zach Martin. And their LT is a good player worth a day 1/day 2 pick.

I like the idea of a high end LT and having the domino effect improve three spots total. Though I'm also fine pushing Haeg into the Reitz role. We do need talent but we also need a cohesive scheme.

I haven't been playing attention to CFB this year so I'll just be reading draft blogs like everyone else in the world.
Quenton Nelson. Good writeup on the guy here.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OG.php
ChoppedWood (11-19-2017), Pez (11-20-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 04:03 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post

Quenton Nelson is the LG- he is a monstrous man who plays with nasty nasty nasty disposition. Not uncommon at all for the play to end with his man down the field 10 yards beyond the ball and on his back. I don't think he's as mobile as Martin but to me he's more physical.

McGlinchy- dynamite LT but to me he's not the type of guy that you put there and expect the entire line to be re-arranged due to him. He's a dominating run blocking LT but not to me the prototypical pass protection LT.

To me the most enticing player on that team is Soph S / CB Julian Love. That kid goes to the ball better than anyone I have watched at that level and when he gets there a lot of really bad things happen. Already hoping he somehow ends up in our backfield some day.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Spike (11-19-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 12:37 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Quenton Nelson. Good writeup on the guy here.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OG.php
He’s in Matt Miller’s top 5 as of today. But if Williams stays healthy the rest of the year, he’ll go before Nelson.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:44 PM

I would be fine with the best OL, obviously a guard or tackle, not center, or linebacker available.

I don't follow college football closely enough to know who that might be.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

I want an all Oline draft. Or addressed in FA. but the only one safe on that Oline is Kelly and AC

If addressed in FA they need pass rush ILB and RB in that order

Hopefully some of the D addressed in FA and there are some RB that would be available FA also