ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-13-2017, 09:56 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Well here's one that is going to at least leave you scratching your head.

Venturi, who I think to a man we've all touted for his analysis and his straight shooting, said he doesn't believe this is a "9th inning deal" like Greenburg made it out to be (implying the trading of Luck is a foregone conclusion). He did say however that he believes there is an issue between Luck and the team. He spent a lot of time going through his 4 reasons for this. He made great well rounded points and he focused in on the interview Jim gave about the 4 inches between his ears- which was Venturi's interview BTW. In his view he believes that was Jim setting the table for it to emerge that Luck is having reservations about where things are.

Venturi held no punches and essentially spelled out without saying it directly that the coaching of this team is as bad as any he's ever seen (Rick has his own Colts coaching career to serve as a benchmark of suck...). Again, he never came out and just said it but I very clearly interpreted a lot of his comments to be indicative that Luck has perhaps spelled out some changes that have to take place and they start with Pags being gone.

The issue with Luck being silent, and essentially invisible, with NO one outside of his agent coming forward and asserting this isn't the case (yeah that guy doesn't have a keen interest in keeping teams from looking at his guy as a malcontent...)--- the silence is deafening. Luck's remaining silent is a hell of a lot more indicative of there being legitimacy to all this than not. He can't very well come out and say this is what he wants, conversely he will lose a lot of credibility if he has a camera thrust in front of him and pledges allegiance to this franchise and then a couple days later is traded. So what makes the most sense--- for him to stay in the shadows that's what.

Sorry, again, there is way too much smoke here, there's a fire burning somewhere...
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
He was getting killed before Pep was fired.

No way in hell Pep is coming back to this team or should come back.
If Harbaugh is hired Pep will be here again
Old 09-13-2017, 10:10 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Well here's one that is going to at least leave you scratching your head.

Venturi, who I think to a man we've all touted for his analysis and his straight shooting, said he doesn't believe this is a "9th inning deal" like Greenburg made it out to be (implying the trading of Luck is a foregone conclusion). He did say however that he believes there is an issue between Luck and the team. He spent a lot of time going through his 4 reasons for this. He made great well rounded points and he focused in on the interview Jim gave about the 4 inches between his ears- which was Venturi's interview BTW. In his view he believes that was Jim setting the table for it to emerge that Luck is having reservations about where things are.

Venturi held no punches and essentially spelled out without saying it directly that the coaching of this team is as bad as any he's ever seen (Rick has his own Colts coaching career to serve as a benchmark of suck...). Again, he never came out and just said it but I very clearly interpreted a lot of his comments to be indicative that Luck has perhaps spelled out some changes that have to take place and they start with Pags being gone.

The issue with Luck being silent, and essentially invisible, with NO one outside of his agent coming forward and asserting this isn't the case (yeah that guy doesn't have a keen interest in keeping teams from looking at his guy as a malcontent...)--- the silence is deafening. Luck's remaining silent is a hell of a lot more indicative of there being legitimacy to all this than not. He can't very well come out and say this is what he wants, conversely he will lose a lot of credibility if he has a camera thrust in front of him and pledges allegiance to this franchise and then a couple days later is traded. So what makes the most sense--- for him to stay in the shadows that's what.

Sorry, again, there is way too much smoke here, there's a fire burning somewhere...
Then connect the dots. What could he possibly want that makes him this unhappy? What is the end game
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 10:27 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Then connect the dots. What could he possibly want that makes him this unhappy? What is the end game
Well like I said, I read into it that Rick may have some insight that Luck is making a play that Pagano be removed before he will commit to coming back. I think we can all agree Luck does not come off as the guy that would say "hey Jim, it's either me or Chuck, but it aint both". Buuuuuuuuut, I think most of us would also agree that every man has his breaking point, and maybe Luck has hit his? Maybe there is a tug of war behind the scenes and Andrew really has taken the approach that his future is in jeopardy if this guy is allowed to play a role in it- and though that sounds a bit dramatic, if you were in his shoes knowing you're rapidly seeing your window shrink and this guy is still at the helm and seeing what he has NOT DONE for you to this point...maybe just maybe that's what we're actually NOT seeing- Luck applying leverage against Jim to make an in-season switch, which is not Irsayesque... and thus Andrew's position in the leverage is to leak and remain silent.

Venturi also sort of started down a path that the Irsay comments about the space between his ears probably didn't make Andrew very happy and it may have potentially clouded this to the point that Luck is very unhappy he would say that and perhaps has stated he wants out. Not saying that's where it is, but clearly Venturi didn't think Irsay's comments were well made if in fact Andrew has been applying leverage and that was Irsay's public counter.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:28 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Well, for starters dump Pagano...NOW.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:40 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
If Harbaugh is hired Pep will be here again
If Harbaugh is hired Pep will be the HC at UM.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post
If Harbaugh is hired Pep will be the HC at UM.

I doubt that would happen but who knows. Pep is not a HC IMO. But he certainly knows how to run Harbaugh offense
Old 09-13-2017, 11:02 PM

IF harbaugh is hired I doubt Pep is here too. He's a results guy strictly and
Hamilton didn't cut it when he was here. The bigger question would be
what happens with Ballard, I'd think Jim would want total control. And
quite frankly given where this clown show has been going I'd be ok with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to bertjones For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (09-14-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 11:03 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I doubt that would happen but who knows. Pep is not a HC IMO. But he certainly knows how to run Harbaugh offense
Who knows? Just thinking Harbaugh is getting him ready for the job if he eventually leaves.

I think Pagano may have lost this team & the longer he is here the deeper in the ditch they will get. Harbaugh probably isn't leaving but Pagano has to go & go fast.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:01 AM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Well, so much for the little credibility Greenberg had. What an asshole.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/9/...es-credibility
That's a pretty categoric denial. The agent wouldn't have been so firm if their were any truth to these rumors.

Besides, no one is trading for that contract, imo, Andrew Luck or not.