ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-07-2021, 12:18 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post

Weird game ...... the Patriots look very beatable to me !!!

o

I don't think that the Patriots will be playing with one hand tied behind their back when they play us in 2 weeks, like they did tonight against the Bills.

Belichick was trying to go for the record of winning a game with the least passing attempts in a single game in the Super Bowl era (1966 - Present.)

The record is 2 passing attempts in a single game, by Joe Ferguson of the Bills in a win over the Jets in September of 1974.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...7409290buf.htm

They missed the record by 1, as Mac Jones wound up throwing 3 passes tonight.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 12-07-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I don't think that the Patriots will be playing with one hand tied behind their back when they play us in 2 weeks, like they did tonight against the Bills.

Belichick was trying to go for the record of winning a game with the least passing attempts in a single game in the Super Bowl era (1966 - Present.)

The record is 2 passing attempts in a single game, by Joe Ferguson of the Bills in a win over the Jets in September of 1974.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...7409290buf.htm

They missed the record by 1, as Mac Jones wound up throwing 3 passes tonight.

o
BB, more than any other Coach ever, radically changes schemes, both offensive and defensive schemes by the team he's facing, weather conditions, injuries (his and theirs) and possibly even by which refs are doing the game. He looks at everything and until the game begins, you have no idea what you'll be facing. He rarely misses an opportunity to take advantage of any perceived facet of the game.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:17 AM

Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
BB, more than any other Coach ever, radically changes schemes, both offensive and defensive schemes by the team he's facing, weather conditions, injuries (his and theirs) and possibly even by which refs are doing the game. He looks at everything and until the game begins, you have no idea what you'll be facing. He rarely misses an opportunity to take advantage of any perceived facet of the game.
It certainly helps when the Bills don't wanna tackle anybody.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:28 AM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
I'm always concerned that Belichick will do something weird that nobody expects and it ends up being a great move to disrupt your whole gameplan.

Like while everyone expects him to focus on JT, he does something unassuming like "take Jack Doyle out of the game." And somehow that completely fucks us up.
Old 12-07-2021, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I'm always concerned that Belichick will do something weird that nobody expects and it ends up being a great move to disrupt your whole gameplan.

Like while everyone expects him to focus on JT, he does something unassuming like "take Jack Doyle out of the game." And somehow that completely fucks us up.

It would be interesting to try and guess how BB will game plan against the Colts. I would think he'd focus on taking Taylor out of the game and making Wentz beat them. On offense, I think he'll focus on passing, which has been our weakest link on D. What say the rest of you?
Old 12-07-2021, 11:34 AM

Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,217 Posts

Quote:
It would be interesting to try and guess how BB will game plan against the Colts. I would think he'd focus on taking Taylor out of the game and making Wentz beat them. On offense, I think he'll focus on passing, which has been our weakest link on D. What say the rest of you?
I'm expecting a big night for the TE's as well as Hines out of the backfield.

JT will get his. Maybe not a big day, but enough to keep them dedicated to stopping the run.
Old 12-07-2021, 01:01 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I'm hoping we are talking about what we are going to do to them, not what Belichick is going to do to us. Screw him and his 'clever' defensive moves. We should physically dominate on the lines. We have spent the money and draft capital to be able to do this. Ballard said years ago that this is where we are going, building from the lines up. We need to start imposing our will on these teams, not reacting to what they do. Make these assholes react to what we do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (12-07-2021), Colts And Orioles (12-07-2021)
Old 12-07-2021, 02:00 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I'm hoping we are talking about what we are going to do to them, not what Belichick is going to do to us. Screw him and his 'clever' defensive moves. We should physically dominate on the lines. We have spent the money and draft capital to be able to do this. Ballard said years ago that this is where we are going, building from the lines up. We need to start imposing our will on these teams, not reacting to what they do. Make these assholes react to what we do.
Over / Under on rushes for JT in this game?

I put the line at 15. We will go in with the first 25 plays being scripted and 17 of them will be passes to Patmon only- gonna really go for the trickery in this one!
Old 12-07-2021, 02:01 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, Bill Belichick is the best coach in the NFL ...... and the way to beat his ass is to be pro-active, show him no more respect than any other coach in the league, and prove that your team is better anyway.

When the Beatles were a struggling, starving band in the late 50's and early 60's, their goal was to be bigger than Elvis Presley ...... they revered and admired Presley greatly, yet were confident in themselves that they could surpass him and be even better than him.

That Beatlesque perspective is the approach that the Colts need to take ...... accept the fact that Belichick is a great coach, and then go kick his team's ass to show that you are even better than that.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 12-07-2021 at 02:09 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (12-07-2021), Oldcolt (12-07-2021), Racehorse (12-07-2021)
Old 12-07-2021, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Over / Under on rushes for JT in this game?

I put the line at 15. We will go in with the first 25 plays being scripted and 17 of them will be passes to Patmon only- gonna really go for the trickery in this one!
This is the best post you've ever made.