ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-01-2021, 02:39 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
They won 11 games last year with the corpse of Philip Rivers.

I’ve said it before, they get a pass this season from me because of the way everything started. Wentz’s training camp was basically the first four games of the year, which put them behind the 8 ball.

I expect 11-13 wins minimum next year, provided Wentz stays healthy.
But that's not how this works, and you know it. Next year, it will be JT with a blown knee in game 2, Pittman will lose a finger after game 5, Darius will surprisingly retire. This is the way the NFL works, it is Not For Long. We have a really good team, a team that contend right now. We have a coach that to me, can't leverage that in the moment talent because he has to be contrarian, has to tout that no one complained about his 26 straight passes because on 6 of them we averaged 7 per and that is "exceptional". What would be exceptional is having won the three games that he unquestionably played a considerable role in us losing because of his decision making process.

Man, I love aggression, I want a coach that wants to stomp the life out of the opponent. I also love seeing arcade game level offense where it seems there is no stopping the ball moving down the field (ala Manning's prime years). What I also want is a coach that recognizes what he has and how to best utilize it, which when you have this OL and THAT RB, c'mon. There is not a single cell in my body that is ever going to be convinced the best path to a W in the NFL is 26 straight passes. EVER. Don't care if it is Brady vs the 0fer Lions.

I am fully on board with Dacich when he says that Frank has no "feel" for the game. Completely agree. I think he is obsessed with #'s, I think he is infatuated with chunk plays, I think he feels a certain amount of pressure to prop up the guy he stuck his neck out for, and I think he is an obsessive control freak. These are the things I THINK, and I THINK that all those things combined find us losing games that we seemingly should have won because he can't get out of his own way.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:06 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
But that's not how this works, and you know it. Next year, it will be JT with a blown knee in game 2, Pittman will lose a finger after game 5, Darius will surprisingly retire. This is the way the NFL works, it is Not For Long. We have a really good team, a team that contend right now. We have a coach that to me, can't leverage that in the moment talent because he has to be contrarian, has to tout that no one complained about his 26 straight passes because on 6 of them we averaged 7 per and that is "exceptional". What would be exceptional is having won the three games that he unquestionably played a considerable role in us losing because of his decision making process.

Man, I love aggression, I want a coach that wants to stomp the life out of the opponent. I also love seeing arcade game level offense where it seems there is no stopping the ball moving down the field (ala Manning's prime years). What I also want is a coach that recognizes what he has and how to best utilize it, which when you have this OL and THAT RB, c'mon. There is not a single cell in my body that is ever going to be convinced the best path to a W in the NFL is 26 straight passes. EVER. Don't care if it is Brady vs the 0fer Lions.

I am fully on board with Dacich when he says that Frank has no "feel" for the game. Completely agree. I think he is obsessed with #'s, I think he is infatuated with chunk plays, I think he feels a certain amount of pressure to prop up the guy he stuck his neck out for, and I think he is an obsessive control freak. These are the things I THINK, and I THINK that all those things combined find us losing games that we seemingly should have won because he can't get out of his own way.
So, essentially, you want a Bill Belichick clone, only one who’s better on offense.

That’s not realistic. It’s just not. I know you’re frustrated but Frank, with all his warts, is still a top 10 coach in this league. He’s proven that. Wentz is his 4th starting quarterback in 4 years and he has a winning record and 2 playoff appearances in that span.

Plus, canning Frank would put us right back into qb purgatory with no reasonable way out.

Frank’s not going anywhere, nor should he.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 05:37 PM

Thanked 1,570 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Great point. Even greater point is we did it your way and lost, more than once this year. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is...well we know what it is-a loss.
I think my response to that is that they did not lose because of the offense.

Running Taylor or not isn't making the defense suck against the mid-range pass. It's not like the Colts are scoring lightning quickly all that often(the bomb on Sunday being an exception), so the defense isn't getting worn out because they are constantly on the field. The ToP was 29.59/30:01 on Sunday.

It's the dang defense.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheMugwump For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (12-01-2021), Racehorse (12-01-2021), rm1369 (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 06:49 PM

Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I think that his joke was insinuating that you were the megalomaniac smart guy instead of Reich, not that you were just a fan who didn't contribute to the play on the field.

o
It should have been obvious.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:54 PM

Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:

Let me guess...you are an only child
Old 12-01-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:

This isn’t the greatest show on turf, but in 6 of the last 7 games, they’ve put up more than 30 points.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kray007 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-01-2021)