ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-30-2021, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I so apologize. The way you are supporting
No idea what you are saying. Talk to me like I'm 5 yrs old
CletusPyle (11-30-2021), Hoopsdoc (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 07:48 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
So they stack the box. Go double tight double wide and got get 3.5 yards. Then run backside play action
Yeah, we possibly could have done that. But what incentive do they have to do that when they're dropping 21 in the 2qtr? And then marching down the field into TB's red zone coming out of halftime?

Frank Reich did not stop calling run plays against Buffalo because we were killing them in Nickel without Edmunds.

And he wasn't going to stop calling pass plays because we were killing TB.

5 turnovers and we were the third team to score 30 on TB. If we were going three-and-out and banging our heads against a wall, I'd criticize the play-calling more. But I don't want him calling plays based on being scared that Eric Fisher is going to allow a strip-sack.

Apparently a lot of guys do want him calling scared.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Kray007 (12-01-2021), Puck (11-30-2021), Racehorse (12-01-2021), rm1369 (11-30-2021), Spike (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 08:48 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

You seem to think that since Wentz was on fire we did the correct thing in keeping passing. Maybe you were being sarcastic and I totally missed it. My point was that going with the guy on fire got us a loss. I don't believe Wentz is good enough to carry a team like he is being asked or wants to, whatever is the case. I think we need to not pass 20 some odd times in a row, no matter how hot the qb is. The team has no identity.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Yes JT is our bell cow. But Carson is a damn good QB. Play to the strengths?

Carson was the strength this game. To not know that is stupid The Bucs could not stop him. only turn overs stopped the Colts

Bitch at Hines and Pascal. Otherwise we win by 14 going away!
Racehorse (12-01-2021), Spike (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 10:44 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Puck I agree with you that if you qb is having a hot game you need to ride him more. I just think that we need to run the ball way more than we did if we want to be effective long term. Throwing like 26 times in a row isn't riding the hot hand. It is a whole new game plan. Lawrence Owen has a link to a podcast with D'Qwell Jackson on this site. He and Edge make the same point I am trying to make but do it much clearer and with more nuance than I do. We need to be more balanced. And it is not just about this game, it is about how the whole season has gone. When things get difficult we just do not have an identity to fall back on.

Last edited by Oldcolt; 11-30-2021 at 10:46 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (11-30-2021), Puck (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 11:37 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Puck I agree with you that if you qb is having a hot game you need to ride him more. I just think that we need to run the ball way more than we did if we want to be effective long term. Throwing like 26 times in a row isn't riding the hot hand. It is a whole new game plan. Lawrence Owen has a link to a podcast with D'Qwell Jackson on this site. He and Edge make the same point I am trying to make but do it much clearer and with more nuance than I do. We need to be more balanced. And it is not just about this game, it is about how the whole season has gone. When things get difficult we just do not have an identity to fall back on.
Oh I think there is an identity to this team. That identity is one of a megalomaniac smart guy that is dead set on proving he can beat teams with his play calling. It's costing us games over and over. But, ehhh, he's a really nice guy and good with the media so....
Old 11-30-2021, 11:41 PM
Administrator

There is not one team in the league that could have beat the Colts last Sunday without turnovers.

I love JT. While many of you hated the pick I loved it.

So many of you want the offense to be one dimensional.... run the shit of of JT

BUT. there are other weapons on this team..... Like Wentz..... This kid is for real!!!!

So why are some of you wanting the offense to be a one dimensional??

Why is it that Wentz that is tearing it up But JT's 2 yards per attempt is the answer?

I'd take this offense against any team in the NFL
Racehorse (12-01-2021), Spike (12-01-2021), TheMugwump (12-01-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 11:50 PM

Lost in all the debate about Reich is what I see as the true issue with this team. Here are the last 7 possession for TB:

TD (84 yd drive)
Kneel down - end of half
TD (65 yd drive)
TD (65 yd drive)
Punt - fumbled by Hines
FG (13 yds - off the fumble)
TD (75 yd drive)

Last 4 against Baltimore:

TD (75 yd drive)
TD (78 yd drive)
TD (75 yd drive)
TD (68 yd drive)

Yet I’m expected to believe the issue with this team is that Reich didn’t sprinkle in a few more runs? I’m sorry that’s BS. The Colts two best wins of the season were SF and Buffalo. One common theme I see in those games was that the defense was significantly aided by bad weather. Otherwise this D simply collapses. Look at the length of drives. Other than the Hines fumble on the punt (the only defensive stop from 5 minutes remaining in the 2nd quarter) this is not a case of the D being constantly put in bad situations by the offense.

Reich seems to recognize something many Colts fans don’t - the defense sucks and the Colts best chance at winning is scoring points however that can be done. Not by getting a two score lead and milking the clock. It’s one of the reasons I agree with Reich almost every time he goes for it on 4th down. Because the Colts best shot at winning is by scoring points. The D excels at creating turnovers, otherwise decent offenses have their way with them. That is the primary reason this team is 6-6 not Reich’s play calling.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
TheMugwump (12-01-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 11:52 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
There is not one team in the league that could have beat the Colts last Sunday without turnovers.

I love JT. While many of you hated the pick I loved it.

So many of you want the offense to be one dimensional.... run the shit of of JT

BUT. there are other weapons on this team..... Like Wentz..... This kid is for real!!!!

So why are some of you wanting the offense to be a one dimensional??

Why is it that Wentz that is tearing it up But JT's 2 yards per attempt is the answer?

I'd take this offense against any team in the NFL
Don't at all want it to be one dimensional. I was in favor of the Wentz project and as I said in the game thread, IMO he IS the answer.

Nothing to do with being 1D. Quite the contrary. Our coach, becomes 1D, and he has done it over and over again. Hell, in the Buffalo game you could even contend he became that way, running no matter what the front was.

There are two games where he has just went ape-sh!t with the passing. In both, we lost. The simple statement holds true, more things can go wrong trying to pass than running.

I guess Arian's made some statement today about how they weren't expecting them to run so they were tee'ing off with the rush.

Fisher has definitely improved in the run blocking but his pass pro has been ass all year. Throwing it that many times in a row, you are inviting something bad to happen. Twice it did, the SS and the INT.

Not wanting one dimensional, I want Wentz throwing the ball (I also want much better weapons for him). I also EXPECT a HC to be competent enough to recognize that he has a fantastic weapon that he is COMPLETELY ignoring because, well because IMO, he sucks at this.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:59 PM

Fuck you, brah ndon.
Otherwise I agree.