ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-29-2021, 12:18 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,669 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Here are my thoughts:

4. Dulin should play over Pascal moving forward. I wonder what Strachan did to get scratched so often.
Those guys are both projects. Fans always get pumped for rookie hype. But Strachan didn’t even play football last year and came from a tiny program. They both have a large learning curve since Reich wants his WRs to know all the routes for each WR position. We might see more Strachan next year, Patmon maybe, I feel like he has peaked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I got a little pissed off when commenting in the game day thread. I was irritated that we went away from what we do best.

I like Reich, I don't think he should be fired first of all. The players appear to like him as well. But sometimes he gets a little too "cute or clever" with his play calling. This Colts team wins or loses with JT, that's who they are, that's their DNA, kinda like the Titans with Henry. The Titans got destroyed by the Patsies today, mainly because Henry was MIA. Hell, Tannehill isn't that damn good of a QB, Wentz is miles better. I have said this since day one, I like Wentz. Give him a little time to throw and he will pick your ass apart.

Having calmed down a bit now, turnovers and the refs kissing Brady's ass killed us. Hines can be a dumbass at times. And what the fuck was up with Pittman?

The bottom line is that the Colts should have won this game. One of the most disappointing losses in my opinion because we had that cheater Brady beat and a win would have really enhanced our chances of making the playoffs.

Think about this, we have now lost to the Titans and Ravens in OT, and by the smallest of margins to the Rams and Bucs. This is a damn good football team, but for some fucking reason we are snake bitten. I'm not giving up on this season, but watch the fuck out next season. I really believe next season we will see a return of Colts/Pats playoff run and the rest of the AFC will be watching us.

A side note, Wentz will be in the running for MVP next year.
better known as stupid

You keep great opposing QBs off the field as much as possible

I rarely watch the NFL but one thing that seems to stick out in general is there is lack of brilliant coaching.
Old 11-29-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post

Until we get another good receiver and we can show we can rip a team through the air all day, teams are going to stack the box against us.
If Wentz can’t be trusted to throw in that scenario then he’s the wrong QB. I agree on needing another receiver, but again - the Colts moved the ball very effectively. I could understand the complaints if they weren’t sustaining drives. That just wasn’t the case though.

And I’m not Wentz’s biggest fan and I actually don’t have much issue with his decision making against TB. The throw to Pittman one on one against a safety wasn’t a bad decision IMO. Ball placement wasn’t great, but decision wise I don’t see it as a problem. It was a great play by the DB and a lackluster one by Pittman IMO.
Old 11-29-2021, 12:41 PM

Tampa DB's were beat up, passing the ball was the right thing to be doing, but you have to running the ball on occasion as well to slow down the pass rush.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:05 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

o

An occasional end-around/reverse would be nice ...... either a single-reverse, or a double-reverse.

I like reverses to befuddle defenses, and keep them guessing more. Also, reverses additionally give you the option of throwing the ball ...... as long as the recipient of the reverse/double-reverse is behind the line of scrimmage, he can choose to throw the ball down-field to another receiver if he feels that he doesn't have adequate room to run for a substantial gain.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 11-29-2021, 03:42 PM

Thanked 2,638 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I got a little pissed off when commenting in the game day thread. I was irritated that we went away from what we do best.

I like Reich, I don't think he should be fired first of all. The players appear to like him as well. But sometimes he gets a little too "cute or clever" with his play calling. This Colts team wins or loses with JT, that's who they are, that's their DNA, kinda like the Titans with Henry. The Titans got destroyed by the Patsies today, mainly because Henry was MIA. Hell, Tannehill isn't that damn good of a QB, Wentz is miles better. I have said this since day one, I like Wentz. Give him a little time to throw and he will pick your ass apart.

Having calmed down a bit now, turnovers and the refs kissing Brady's ass killed us. Hines can be a dumbass at times. And what the fuck was up with Pittman?

The bottom line is that the Colts should have won this game. One of the most disappointing losses in my opinion because we had that cheater Brady beat and a win would have really enhanced our chances of making the playoffs.

Think about this, we have now lost to the Titans and Ravens in OT, and by the smallest of margins to the Rams and Bucs. This is a damn good football team, but for some fucking reason we are snake bitten. I'm not giving up on this season, but watch the fuck out next season. I really believe next season we will see a return of Colts/Pats playoff run and the rest of the AFC will be watching us.

A side note, Wentz will be in the running for MVP next year.
This is spot on in my opinion...this team is very close to being a real contender! Yes, it's disappointing as hell that we lost so many close games that could have gone our way with just one break here or there, but that is part of the process of learning to win....I still think this team squeaks into the playoffs, which would be good experience, the breaks have a way of evening themselves out and they are due to catch one!

I know we always say next year, but this team is going to be in contentions for many years to come (barring a serious injury to Wentz or Taylor) and they will make some runs at a championship!
Racehorse (11-29-2021), Spike (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 03:45 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post

And I’m not Wentz’s biggest fan and I actually don’t have much issue with his decision making against TB. The throw to Pittman one on one against a safety wasn’t a bad decision IMO. Ball placement wasn’t great, but decision wise I don’t see it as a problem. It was a great play by the DB and a lackluster one by Pittman IMO.
completely agree. Wentz threw a 50/50 jump ball trusting pittman to go get it. I thought that int was all pittman's fault. He didnt position himself well for that play and may have gotten interfered with as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
apballin (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 05:15 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,669 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
If Wentz can’t be trusted to throw in that scenario then he’s the wrong QB. I agree on needing another receiver, but again - the Colts moved the ball very effectively. I could understand the complaints if they weren’t sustaining drives. That just wasn’t the case though.

I think he is better than average. But he needs to be controlled. He makes some stupid mistakes and honestly I kinda wait for them to happen during the game. He also makes some amazing plays. The escape run, the scramble 3rd down toss to Pittman. I guess you take the bad with the good. But is he the QB who can throw three TDs and not turn it over, or is he the QB that is going to turn it over a couple times a game with bad decisions.

Part of me still wishes we had gone with a rookie. The Bears QB or Mac Jones.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:25 PM

Thanked 4,396 Times in 2,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewtone View Post
My random thoughts with no particular order or sense:

1. One of the bigger issues with getting way too predictable with passing is that our OL is a much better run blocking group than pass protection at this point. With all the talk about loading the box, there was a period in the 3rd into the 4th where they were getting constant pressure with rushing just 3 linemen.

2. Do we ever run a draw?

3. I'm thinking (despite the stupid announcers talking about how 'healthy' the teams were) that we're really starting to miss our starting safeties... would like to have seen Blackmon going up against Gronk or keeping Fournette contained.

4. Back to Reich... piss poor game management... aside from the imbalance, how about using the timeouts so that we have more than 10 seconds at the end... that's kinda why you use them. Also, with a timeout left, and we force a sideline pass to a covered guy??? Also, on the final play, why the F is MAC, former basketball player, not on the field... and you throw it to a single receiver and not a group?

5. Was it me or did Darius seem to be consistently caught in 'no-man's land' in pass coverage yesterday? Is that an issue?

6. I'm comfortable that Wentz has got the goods and will be even better for us with a full year/offseason under his belt.

7. The PI against Rock was bullshit. As well as the one in the endzone.... even Olsen called that 'questionable'. Didn't see enough replay on the Pitman one.... probably by design.
I watched the Pittman one several times. At first, I was screaming PI. After a few other replays, it was likely just a ball thrown 5 feet too short.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts

The turnovers were the biggest problem in the game, but even with all of the turnovers, the game likely would've gone the Colts way if one play was called correctly. In the 3rd quarter, the Colts were up 24-21, the Bucs had the ball on 3rd and 8 at the Colts 10 yard line. On the play that ensued, Cameron Brate pushed off of TJ Carrie (offensive pass interference), but Carrie recovered, the ball was thrown to Brate, who was in the endzone, and it ended up incomplete. The penalty called was defensive pass interference, and the Bucs got a 1st and Goal at the 1 out of it, which was converted into a TD on the next play. If either no call was made on the play, or the correct offensive pass interference call was made, the Bucs likely only tie the game at 24-24 rather than go up by 4. This would've given the Colts a 4 point advantage at the end of the game, they would've been up 31-27. It's possible that they still lose in that situation, but much less likely than in the 31-31 tie in which they found themselves. That said, better ball protection would've also won the game, can't leave a game against Brady in the refs' hands, they'll give it to him every time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (11-29-2021), Racehorse (11-29-2021), Spike (11-29-2021)