ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-18-2017, 11:52 AM
Accidental Administrator

You have to play Luck if he's healthy. I thought the initial prognosis on Kelly's injury was 6-8 weeks from mid-August, so that could be next or the week after.

I will lose a good deal of interest for this team if I think they are intentionally tanking. That in addition to the respect I've lost for this for irrationally sticking with Grigson, and stunningly irrationally sticking with Pags.

Lopresti mentions that the colts are 0-2 for three straight seasons for the first time since Andrew Luck turned two (1991).

This stretch reminds me of the Dowhower, Meyer, Venturi years....
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 01:13 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
You have to play Luck if he's healthy. I thought the initial prognosis on Kelly's injury was 6-8 weeks from mid-August, so that could be next or the week after.

I will lose a good deal of interest for this team if I think they are intentionally tanking. That in addition to the respect I've lost for this for irrationally sticking with Grigson, and stunningly irrationally sticking with Pags.

Lopresti mentions that the colts are 0-2 for three straight seasons for the first time since Andrew Luck turned two (1991).

This stretch reminds me of the Dowhower, Meyer, Venturi years....
0-2 doesn't bother me as much this year because I fully expected it. I say they'll start 1-4 after which Pags is FINALLY fired.

At least, I hope so.

It's just so frustrating that EVERYONE on Gods green earth can see how bad he is except the one guy who matters.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMichael557 View Post
Top priority for next year is a PASS RUSHER.
Definitely.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:27 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
As stated we need a pick at 1,2 or 3 because we can then trade that pick and still get a LT if we can stay in the top ten. We then get extra picks. First Priority is finally fixing the OL. We need an LT and at least a Guard if AC can play RT.

I do not know why we cannot move AC to right tackle now to see if he can play the position. He is terrible at LT so a replacement can only be as bad.

If AC cannot play Right Tackle when we will needs to move on.

If luck plays this year behind our current OL then he will be having a new surgery this off season.
You think AC is terrible at LT but want another dude in the team to play it? You don't think it can get worse? Probably half the league has an as bad or worse LT than AC. Yet you think we have an upgrade on he roster?

There is zero logic in your thinking
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
kitekrazy (09-18-2017), Racehorse (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 01:31 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Funny thing is that if they won yesterday, they reasonably may have been able to pull off 3-2 with Luck coming back for Week 6. But going back to the point of the OP, I think it's rationale to think that the Colts will be in a better position to develop into a contender if they lose a high share of games just like yesterday's.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:35 PM

I do not think that there is not an "upgrade" on the roster. However I know that AC cannot continue to play LT as he is really bad and has been bad for several seasons. He is paid a lot of money. The Colts need to find out if he can play RT or would he be just as bad.

I would start Clark at LT and move AC to RT. If Clark does worse then I have to put AC back at LT. If he is the same then I leave that line-up in place.

However the colts will not know until they try. Presently AC give the QB almost no time to throw. Even then "blocking" he gets pushed back into the QB.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
You think AC is terrible at LT but want another dude in the team to play it? You don't think it can get worse? Probably half the league has an as bad or worse LT than AC. Yet you think we have an upgrade on he roster?

There is zero logic in your thinking
To be fair, are those half the league at LT costing their teams a $13M cap hit?
Old 09-18-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
To be fair, are those half the league at LT costing their teams a $13M cap hit?
I don't know. Probably not. But with 17 mil in cap space I don't care. We aren't hurting for money.

I am all for replacing him but I want someone better before we move from him. That is a spot I don't want a step back.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I do not think that there is not an "upgrade" on the roster. However I know that AC cannot continue to play LT as he is really bad and has been bad for several seasons. He is paid a lot of money. The Colts need to find out if he can play RT or would he be just as bad.

I would start Clark at LT and move AC to RT. If Clark does worse then I have to put AC back at LT. If he is the same then I leave that line-up in place.

However the colts will not know until they try. Presently AC give the QB almost no time to throw. Even then "blocking" he gets pushed back into the QB.
And this is really stupid
Old 09-18-2017, 02:19 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:

Clark couldn't even win the RT job and you want to hand him LT?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (09-19-2017), Racehorse (09-18-2017)