ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-20-2020, 03:56 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

o

Jack Doyle's fumble on the Colts' first possession of the game set the tone for the overall team disaster of a 1st quarter.

Doyle would eventually wind up catching 2 additional passes, including an amazing TD reception that I don't think he would have dropped if somebody were pointing a gun at his head and threatening to kill him ...... Doyle was absolutely determined to make that catch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgUu2QgG1es

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 10-20-2020, 03:49 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

I noticed Taylor hit a cutback lane pretty hard in the last game. Seemed pretty natural doing it. Anyone consider maybe he is being coached to hit the hole instead of the cutback regardless?
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (10-21-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 05:14 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I noticed Taylor hit a cutback lane pretty hard in the last game. Seemed pretty natural doing it. Anyone consider maybe he is being coached to hit the hole instead of the cutback regardless?
I’m just guessing, how many times did he cut back in college? You press the hole, and go. He has run behind good lines in college, and now. But the run D, will be better now.

He attacks hard, runs hard. Give him some time. With little preseason, he is running on instinct. It’s not like he’s running around in the backfield like a chicken with his head cut off and doesn’t know where to go. He runs down hill, hard. Rathman will get him sorted out.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:44 AM

Jim will always be the owner...
Jerry will tell you why...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-CVzii...UJQ6c9eym8nEpE

Last edited by Discflinger; 10-21-2020 at 03:48 AM.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:34 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I did. I remember edge saying back in the day that he was supposed to run the play and get what he can within the play. Something like that.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:09 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
I did. I remember edge saying back in the day that he was supposed to run the play and get what he can within the play. Something like that.
Edge could fall out of bed and get 3 yards. Thats why Polian traded Faulk. He would run around and take a 5 yd loss and give the O 2nd and 15.

If Edge ever took a big loss, I dont remember it. He would stretch the D and then run down hill. Even after the ACL, he made the D commit to him and then Manning would hit Marvin on play action.