ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-15-2023, 04:27 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
His feet are not above his shoulders. Watch this analysis of Carson Wentz, especially when he talks about "pigeon-toeing" around the 7:00 mark. That's the biggest mechanical flaw that Will Levis has, and the Colts did not fix that with Wentz.
Seriously? WTF controls the feet? In my case my mind tells me where to place my feet. Wentz's issues went way beyond where he put his feet. You say that the Colts didn't fix the issue. Bullshit. Wentz didn't fix the issue. Wentz, according to many, just cannot be coached. The person who should have known this and kept us from getting him was Reich. He didn't and it eventually got him fired, as it should have.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
JAFF (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 07:26 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Seriously? WTF controls the feet? In my case my mind tells me where to place my feet. Wentz's issues went way beyond where he put his feet. You say that the Colts didn't fix the issue. Bullshit. Wentz didn't fix the issue. Wentz, according to many, just cannot be coached. The person who should have known this and kept us from getting him was Reich. He didn't and it eventually got him fired, as it should have.
When you're doing a repetitive motion in a sport, you typically develop a muscle memory for the motion, which allows you to not focus thought on that portion of things, freeing up thought for things like reading the defense and determining where and when to throw the ball. That's why practice matters so much. In order to fix a "pigeon-toeing" issue, a coaching staff has to completely rebuild the throwing motion with the QB so that the natural plant of the foot is in the direction of the throw. Bad programming currently exists and needs to be removed and replaced with good programming. I don't think the Colts should bother trying to fix the programming of Levis when they couldn't do it with Wentz and when there are two perfectly good options that don't require that fix in Stroud and Young.
Old 02-15-2023, 07:49 PM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
When you're doing a repetitive motion in a sport, you typically develop a muscle memory for the motion, which allows you to not focus thought on that portion of things, freeing up thought for things like reading the defense and determining where and when to throw the ball. That's why practice matters so much. In order to fix a "pigeon-toeing" issue, a coaching staff has to completely rebuild the throwing motion with the QB so that the natural plant of the foot is in the direction of the throw. Bad programming currently exists and needs to be removed and replaced with good programming. I don't think the Colts should bother trying to fix the programming of Levis when they couldn't do it with Wentz and when there are two perfectly good options that don't require that fix in Stroud and Young.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the Wentz/Levis comparison. But saying the Colts couldn't fix Wentz's problems under the Frank Reich regime is a hell of a lot different than say that the Shane Steichen regime can't fix Levis.

In fact Steichen with the support staff may be the only coach who could fix Levis.
Old 02-15-2023, 08:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you about the Wentz/Levis comparison. But saying the Colts couldn't fix Wentz's problems under the Frank Reich regime is a hell of a lot different than say that the Shane Steichen regime can't fix Levis.

In fact Steichen with the support staff may be the only coach who could fix Levis.
Rather not take that chance when CJ Stroud is sitting there for the taking.
Old 02-15-2023, 08:46 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
I get the mind/muscle deal. Humans are adaptable. They can and do change and learn all the time. Most of us for a lifetime. You actually have to want to however. I don't think you give up on a 23 year old who has all of 2 years starting in college because you feel that your organization is incapable of breaking a habit. I also believe it is idiotic to say Wentz couldn't do so it can't be done. From what the media in every place he has played has said he really doesn't want to change. You 'bother' because you believe Levis has a huge upside. I am not saying he does, but if the Colts take him THAT is why they are willing to be 'bothered'.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (02-15-2023), IndyNorm (02-16-2023), Racehorse (02-15-2023), YDFL Commish (02-15-2023)