ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-01-2022, 12:00 PM
Banned

This is the easiest scapegoat for the Colts. Now they will just say Frank will take over Play calling the rest of season.. UH DUH! What has changed??
Old 11-01-2022, 12:10 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

I’m meh on this. I don’t think it’s his fault, but I didn’t think he was that great either.
Old 11-01-2022, 12:10 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtBlue View Post
This is the easiest scapegoat for the Colts. Now they will just say Frank will take over Play calling the rest of season.. UH DUH! What has changed??
frank has always called the plays.
Old 11-01-2022, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Agree, that's why I said what has changed?
Old 11-01-2022, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
In bold is what the Colts media will be saying.
Old 11-01-2022, 12:23 PM

Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote:
Now they will just say Frank will take over Play calling the rest of season..
Quote:

Keefer has indicated that Reich will take over the OC job duties for the rest of this season.

I am guessing this means that Reich will have a little more face time with the players on offense now.

And not ideal that there isn't another coach here because Reich used the OC as a sounding board when developing the game plan. So I guess Reich will be talking with himself now.

But yes, Frank has almost always called the plays on offense on game day so no change for that task.
Old 11-01-2022, 12:31 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

It’s the fact that this line has become shit overnight. Who here thought Nelson/Smith/Kelly would be this bad? Who thought we couldn’t find a r guard who was adequate? Fischer over Leno is enough to get Ballard fired. I cannot think of offensive linemen who has regressed this much in so quick a time. Coaching may not be up to par but this is on Ballard almost totally. He kept bragging about knowing how to bring in the ‘right’ kind of players, self-motivators that he and his staff could pick out. It seemed like a difficult thing to do, get inside someone’s head like that, and obviously he didn’t. He instead gave huge money to guys who obviously only care about making money-they got their contracts and don’t give a shit. Oh they will talk a good game but what they put out on the field says everything to me. I can’t stand this commitment to mediocrity this team has.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
ColtBlue (11-01-2022)
Old 11-01-2022, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
It’s the fact that this line has become shit overnight. Who here thought Nelson/Smith/Kelly would be this bad? Who thought we couldn’t find a r guard who was adequate? Fischer over Leno is enough to get Ballard fired. I cannot think of offensive linemen who has regressed this much in so quick a time. Coaching may not be up to par but this is on Ballard almost totally. He kept bragging about knowing how to bring in the ‘right’ kind of players, self-motivators that he and his staff could pick out. It seemed like a difficult thing to do, get inside someone’s head like that, and obviously he didn’t. He instead gave huge money to guys who obviously only care about making money-they got their contracts and don’t give a shit. Oh they will talk a good game but what they put out on the field says everything to me. I can’t stand this commitment to mediocrity this team has.
After reading this it brings back a memory of Ballard comments. I believe it was 2018 Colts training camp. Not sure what year it was. But his words were.

Ballard: I screwed it up last year, I should’ve addressed it last year. I didn’t address the depth. It taught me a great lesson that we’re gonna fix it.

So here the Colts are again OL terrible..
Old 11-01-2022, 01:16 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
In bold is what the Colts media will be saying.
why would they say that since everyone knows that frank as always handled play calling. you are confusing.
Old 11-01-2022, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
why would they say that since everyone knows that frank as always handled play calling. you are confusing.
Sorry for the confusion. It was sarcasm towards the Colts.