ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-25-2018, 06:41 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I like Turay’s progress, but he is still a liability against the run and can be blocked by TE’s. That Sony Michel run was right at him in the pats game. Chubb is a much better run defender and has tackles behind the los. Still that is comparing a top 5 pick with a low second rounder. Turay looks to be developing well, and this is a marathon not a sprint. I still think we need a big name or two along the dline like the Eagles, but we have a nice base now.
I agree.

Under contract for 2019 are:

DE Jabaal Sheard
DE Kemoko Turay
DT Denico Autry
DT Tyquan Lewis
DT Hassan Ridgeway
NT Grover Stewart

Colts Free Agents are:

DT Margus Hunt
DE Jihad Ward
NT Al Woods
DE Al-Quadin Muhmmad

Re-signing Hunt and Ward should happen because those guys have shown that they can excel in this defensive system.

Re-signing Woods might happen. He has certainly shown up on individual plays but his ability to play through a whole game appears to be diminishing.

If we can either lure one big name free agent to Indy (DeMarcus Lawrence, Frank Clark, Sheldon Richardson) and/or draft a rookie stud in the 1st round to put "at the top" of this D-Line, I think we will be headed in the right direction.

Can't pass on a pass rusher if there and BPA but I hope they invest a ton in the secondary in 2019 as well. We need both parts of the defense to be quality if we are going to field a top ten defense.

Walk Worthy,
Old 10-25-2018, 11:25 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
I agree.

Under contract for 2019 are:

DE Jabaal Sheard
DE Kemoko Turay
DT Denico Autry
DT Tyquan Lewis
DT Hassan Ridgeway
NT Grover Stewart

Colts Free Agents are:

DT Margus Hunt
DE Jihad Ward
NT Al Woods
DE Al-Quadin Muhmmad

Re-signing Hunt and Ward should happen because those guys have shown that they can excel in this defensive system.

Re-signing Woods might happen. He has certainly shown up on individual plays but his ability to play through a whole game appears to be diminishing.

If we can either lure one big name free agent to Indy (DeMarcus Lawrence, Frank Clark, Sheldon Richardson) and/or draft a rookie stud in the 1st round to put "at the top" of this D-Line, I think we will be headed in the right direction.

Can't pass on a pass rusher if there and BPA but I hope they invest a ton in the secondary in 2019 as well. We need both parts of the defense to be quality if we are going to field a top ten defense.

Walk Worthy,
Not sure about Ward. That injuries sounds awful. Could be an Eric Foster type situation.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I like Turay’s progress, but he is still a liability against the run and can be blocked by TE’s. That Sony Michel run was right at him in the pats game. Chubb is a much better run defender and has tackles behind the los. Still that is comparing a top 5 pick with a low second rounder. Turay looks to be developing well, and this is a marathon not a sprint. I still think we need a big name or two along the dline like the Eagles, but we have a nice base now.
I have broken down Chubb this year several times. He is terrible against the run. The problem with Chubb is that the concern about him is true. He is not very fast or quick. Most of his sacks are the result of other Denver linemen forcing the QB out of the pocket to Chubb not Chubb creating the Sack.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:26 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMichael557 View Post
I have broken down Chubb this year several times. He is terrible against the run. The problem with Chubb is that the concern about him is true. He is not very fast or quick. Most of his sacks are the result of other Denver linemen forcing the QB out of the pocket to Chubb not Chubb creating the Sack.
Guys who aren't fast or quick typically don't generate 6.5 sacks in the first 7 games of their career. Scheme can't put a player on a nearly 1 sack per game pace.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (10-30-2018), FatDT (10-25-2018), sherck (10-25-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I don't know about the run, but you are dead wrong about the bold. Just watch the clips in this thread from Defend the House.

https://twitter.com/DTH_Mason/status...70997003419648
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (10-30-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 05:12 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Resign Hunt. He's not going to get a lot of traction because of his age. He's the right guy in the right place with the right D for him. Make him a reasonable offer, pay more for the production this year, and keep him for the next 2-3.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (10-25-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Resign Hunt. He's not going to get a lot of traction because of his age. He's the right guy in the right place with the right D for him. Make him a reasonable offer, pay more for the production this year, and keep him for the next 2-3.
Yep. 2-3 years, $8MM per. Doesn't make much of a dent in cap space and you can get out of it in 2020 or 2021 at little cost if structured right.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Reich said that Lewis will practice today. I'm excited to see what the Colts have in him. All the glowing assessments have come from the Colts, but it sounds like they expect Lewis to be a difference-making 3-technique.
According to PFT, it looks like Tyquan won't be ready until week 11.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:45 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,661 Times in 2,046 Posts

Quote:
Chubb is playing edge rusher in a 3-4. He has the ability to play the run, he just isn’t really asked to. But he can anchor and set the edge against the run. He has the size and strength for it and did it very well in college. Turay is a 4-3 end, he should be able to do this ideally, but he has no idea how to do it and is being taken out by TE’s. He is standing and hand fighting or trying to find a way around the block instead of standing it up. Leaving a double team for the DT and usually a big hole. Still he is young and inexperienced.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Yep. 2-3 years, $8MM per. Doesn't make much of a dent in cap space and you can get out of it in 2020 or 2021 at little cost if structured right.
Seems a bit rich for a 32 year old defensive lineman who's been pretty spotty prior to this year. Unless he regains his early 2018 form down the stretch, I'd guess more like 2 years at $2-$3 million per.