ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

View Poll Results: With the third pick...
Barkley 7 14.29%
Chubb 17 34.69%
Nelson 3 6.12%
Trade back 21 42.86%
Other 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2018, 02:44 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
There was an article a few years back, or probably more than a few by now, that pointed out that the key to the NFL is passing the ball and defending the pass. If you look at passer rating differential, its a high predictor of success in this league

And this is not just in this era, it goes back many years, even to the rush heavy days of the 70s.

Its always been true to some extent and just has become more true in the last decade : passing the ball and stopping the pass. ANd you can't stop the pass without pass rushers.

I actually think the Colts secondary has a chance to be solid next year. Not great, but good. But without a pass rush, defenders can't cover guys forever in this league. They eventually get open.

Plus with the upgraded DL that I thought performed very well last year, adding a pass rusher will made it harder to defend against the D.
Agree on all this, but wanted to add that the current LBs blow chunks in coverage. They definitely need upgrades to help cover TEs and RBs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
DrSpaceman (01-18-2018), Oldcolt (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Agree on all this, but wanted to add that the current LBs blow chunks in coverage. They definitely need upgrades to help cover TEs and RBs.
Oh yeah they suck bad, have for years under pagano. Get killed over the middle on this every game.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:47 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase448 View Post
Unless we get some guards, and a tackle they're going to beat Luck like he's their wife in this division.
I agree though, gotta be Chubb. Just hope he doesn't end up like "can't miss" that misses lol
Hopefully, the change in scheme that emphasizes getting the ball out quicker will help as well.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:07 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

According to what I read there should be good, even great, upgrades available at guard in free agency. Tackle is an issue but if we could upgrade ourselves at guard and only have one weak link in the offensive line(even if it is right tackle), then thru coaching/schemes and half-ass decent play calling you can manage that one weak link and still not get Luck killed. And as far as Luck's health, since nobody has the slightest idea I choose to believe he took a little longer to heal (it happens) and is going to be incredibly fun to watch him kick ass next year. I'm excited and once again really enjoying being a Colts fan. If it doesn't work out I'll deal with it then.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (01-18-2018), VeveJones007 (01-19-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 06:21 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
According to what I read there should be good, even great, upgrades available at guard in free agency. Tackle is an issue but if we could upgrade ourselves at guard and only have one weak link in the offensive line(even if it is right tackle), then thru coaching/schemes and half-ass decent play calling you can manage that one weak link and still not get Luck killed. And as far as Luck's health, since nobody has the slightest idea I choose to believe he took a little longer to heal (it happens) and is going to be incredibly fun to watch him kick ass next year. I'm excited and once again really enjoying being a Colts fan. If it doesn't work out I'll deal with it then.
agree. I think luck took the long approach when things didnt bounce back quickly and he realized the team was crap lead by a lame duck coach. if the first surgery fixed everything he would have played, as soon as there needed to be more he was done for the year.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:29 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
agree. I think luck took the long approach when things didnt bounce back quickly and he realized the team was crap lead by a lame duck coach. if the first surgery fixed everything he would have played, as soon as there needed to be more he was done for the year.
Based on his comments on video after Pagano was fired, it would not surprise me if he and Ballard decided to shut him down so that he wouldn't save Pagano's job...again.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
That would be nice, but I don't think the offers will be there. They blew their chance by missing out on the 2nd pick.

If the 1st two picks are Rosen/Darnold, would you really offer that kind of package to move up to #3 as an opposing GM?
Yup, thanks Chuck. Couldn't even lose right.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:45 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

o

Mel Kiper: Bradley Chubb Might Be 'The Best Player in the Draft'

(By Mike Wells)

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapoli...r-in-the-draft

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-19-2018, 06:49 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Mel Kiper: Bradley Chubb Might Be 'The Best Player in the Draft'

(By Mike Wells)

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapoli...r-in-the-draft

o
But, I thought Barkley was??
Old 01-19-2018, 06:51 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

he said 'might be.' geez race, get with it.