ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-06-2023, 10:28 AM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
ehlinger had no chance last year. i really don't think anything about what we saw tells us anything. don't get me wrong, i don't think he is ever going to be a starter quality player. but can he be a good backup? maybe. and that goes beyond what he does on the field. i imagine ehlinger is a great qb room guy.

and also, we don't have to pay 7 mil a year or whatever minshew will want to be a backup. AR goes down for the whole season again, i don't give a fuck about wins.

all that said, i want to draft a qb next year. keep drafting them.
So basically, your reasoning is Ehlinger MIGHT be better and you don’t wanna pay Minshew 7 million?

That’s idiotic.

The odds are astronomically high that Ehlinger will never amount to anything at quarterback and 7 million is NOTHING to pay for a top notch backup.
Old 12-06-2023, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
ehlinger had no chance last year. i really don't think anything about what we saw tells us anything. don't get me wrong, i don't think he is ever going to be a starter quality player. but can he be a good backup? maybe. and that goes beyond what he does on the field. i imagine ehlinger is a great qb room guy.

and also, we don't have to pay 7 mil a year or whatever minshew will want to be a backup. AR goes down for the whole season again, i don't give a fuck about wins.
If he is close to Minshew's arm talent, we absolutely need to let Minshew walk.

Ehlinger isn't AR but I think his athleticism and skill set fall more in line with the offense we had for AR than what Minshew's does.

I doubt he processes things like Minshew does, personally, but perhaps he needs a real opportunity.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (12-08-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 10:51 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Colts Officially Have One of the Best Pass Rush Groups in the NFL

(By Jaleel Grandberry)

https://horseshoeheroes.com/posts/co...e-01hgxsxz5va9

o
o

And now, the Colts are getting ) Grover Stewart ) back ...... woo hoo.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-06-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 05:08 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
If he is close to Minshew's arm talent, we absolutely need to let Minshew walk.

Ehlinger isn't AR but I think his athleticism and skill set fall more in line with the offense we had for AR than what Minshew's does.

I doubt he processes things like Minshew does, personally, but perhaps he needs a real opportunity.
Ehlinger's arm is to Minshew's arm as Minshew's arm is to AR's arm.

I wouldn't be against paying Minshew high end backup money, he's earned it. I also wouldn't be against drafting Jayden Daniels. I didn't like the approach that led to drafting AR (mostly because it could've led to drafting Levis) and I don't like that he now has a recurring shoulder separation injury. I also like the skillset that Daniels brings, he probably has every bit of the speed AR has, and most of the playmaking running ability as well, but his passing is far more polished and NFL ready. He will be 23 on draft day and through most of his first season, but so was Joe Burrow, and he's turned out pretty well even with a fairly bad injury bug thus far in his career. Steichen seems to want a QB similar to Jalen Hurts, and while the body type is not similar (Daniels is built more like Lamar Jackson), the skillset is.
Old 12-06-2023, 07:19 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
If it's a draft pick this year, who are you targeting?
no idea right now
Old 12-06-2023, 07:24 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
So basically, your reasoning is Ehlinger MIGHT be better and you don’t wanna pay Minshew 7 million?

That’s idiotic.

The odds are astronomically high that Ehlinger will never amount to anything at quarterback and 7 million is NOTHING to pay for a top notch backup.
i have no idea what ehlinger is. other than i think his football iq is good and he has decent athleticism. and best of all he is cheap. i don't care if he makes the team next year or we roll with a different cheap guy.

nothing is idiotic about it. if ar goes down, we aren't winning anything with minshew. why pay him and see again what we already know? which is why i am in favor of drafting players to try and find that guy.
Old 12-06-2023, 10:39 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

JT O'Sullivan's QB School for Minshew:

https://youtu.be/HWt5UXvcOCU?si=bRf4DWmHMZ50h_Up
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 12:42 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
JT O'Sullivan's QB School for Minshew:

https://youtu.be/HWt5UXvcOCU?si=bRf4DWmHMZ50h_Up
Looking forward to when he starts doing the 2024 draft class of QBs.
Old 12-07-2023, 02:51 PM

Thanked 1,666 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
I didn't like the approach that led to drafting AR (mostly because it could've led to drafting Levis)
What approach? How do you know their approach? Were you in the room with Ballard? How could it have led to drafting Levis, considering he was still on the board and they drafted AR not Levis?

Quote:
and I don't like that he now has a recurring shoulder separation injury.
How do you know its recurring? It happened once.

Quote:
I also like the skillset that Daniels brings, he probably has every bit of the speed AR has, and most of the playmaking running ability as well, but his passing is far more polished and NFL ready.
Maybe but given the stuff you're imagining you know in this post I think I'll move on. Plus they aren't giving up on AR.
Old 12-07-2023, 05:03 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
What approach? How do you know their approach? Were you in the room with Ballard? How could it have led to drafting Levis, considering he was still on the board and they drafted AR not Levis?
Go watch Ballard's post draft (maybe post Day 1?) press conference, he talks about it. Basically said they didn't particularly like any of the QBs more than any of the others and so were content to sit at 4 and take whoever fell to them. He said they would've drafted Levis had someone traded up to 3 for AR. That's a shit strategy IMO, especially when dealing with the most important position in all of professional sports. Your strategy for that position should be to find the player you think is the best and move heaven and earth to get him.

Quote:
How do you know its recurring? It happened once.
Go watch the Season 4 of the Netflix series "QB1: Beyond the Lights", it shows AR suffering the same AC Joint injury, they even call it that.

Quote:
Maybe but given the stuff you're imagining you know in this post I think I'll move on. Plus they aren't giving up on AR.
Not imagining it, just did more research than you.

Last edited by Dam8610; 12-07-2023 at 08:54 PM.