ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-14-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Two things: So we didn't already see the "Indy Special" on October 18 2015?
Did you record that?

The interview or the orgasm? Lol. The interview should be available on The Fan podcast. The orgasm was not recorded.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Puck (02-16-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 10:54 AM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
This makes me happy. This is exactly what Venturi has been ranting about for the last year....that our coloring book offense doesn't use stacks, bunches, motion to design TY and others into good, creative plays.......I had a chance to hear Big Joe interview Reich today (they are teammates from Buffalo and they had a really open chemistry....I'm going to like hearing more of Big Joe and Reich interviews) and there were a couple of things I took away
And ultimately this is why I'm less worried about the offensive line. Yes, we've had some talent problems, but for the last 2 years I've felt that this group is capable of being better than they show on game day, and mostly that is because there is no creativity in the offense which allows teams to play man on our receivers, with safety help, while they blitz on a majority of downs.
This results in WRs taking forever to get open, games in which TY or Moncrief just disappear, and QBs taking a beating.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
And ultimately this is why I'm less worried about the offensive line. Yes, we've had some talent problems, but for the last 2 years I've felt that this group is capable of being better than they show on game day, and mostly that is because there is no creativity in the offense which allows teams to play man on our receivers, with safety help, while they blitz on a majority of downs.
This results in WRs taking forever to get open, games in which TY or Moncrief just disappear, and QBs taking a beating.

I agree a thousand percent. Although I'd like to see them add at least one playmaker to shore up the right side of the line.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:14 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
I agree a thousand percent. Although I'd like to see them add at least one playmaker to shore up the right side of the line.
I agree, although I hesitate t call OL playmakers. G-T-G-T-G-T-G-T? I'm always going back and forth on this.

But currently we not only don't have a LG, but we don't have a RG. VJ sucks, Haeg is ok at RG. Good is a RT (maybe not a good one, but that is his best spot). Clark, who the fuck knows?

To me we gotta get one solid G in here, and then see what we got. And I'm totally against re-signing Mewhort. Hell, he may never play again, if he can't get his knees right. Plus he has Grigson stench on him.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:19 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
This is coaching folks. It's what we can look forward to. It's something we would have never seen from the previous, sorry ass regime.

Sorry Dam, COACHING DOES FUKN MATTER!

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/11/ea...mqb-peter-king
Reich was very high on my list, much higher than McFuckoffeatadickaniels. Very happy we have this dude in the fold and I think we just took a giant step forward, I think this team will grow rapidly with him manning the ship.

Very happy about how this turned out.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:43 AM

https://sports.yahoo.com/andrew-luck...005205018.html

“I know all the best offenses that I’ve been a part of in my career we’ve not been static and we’ve attacked. And I’m sure he’ll have a great flavor and we’ll involve as many people as we can, and attacking defenses is what it’s all about.”

Let me decode this for you.....he's saying running Gore up the middle on every freaking first and second down is unimaginative and not that tough to defend and is singularly the reason why ive had a lacerated kidney and my right shoulder shredded trying to save the fucking drive on 3rd down when that brilliant design didn't work. I'm a fucking Stanford grad and finally we will have something better than a coloring book offense that any 5 year old could run. Halle-fucking-lujah!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Butter (02-16-2018), ChoppedWood (02-18-2018), Dewey 5 (02-16-2018), DrSpaceman (02-16-2018), Racehorse (02-16-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/andrew-luck...005205018.html

“I know all the best offenses that I’ve been a part of in my career we’ve not been static and we’ve attacked. And I’m sure he’ll have a great flavor and we’ll involve as many people as we can, and attacking defenses is what it’s all about.”

Let me decode this for you.....he's saying running Gore up the middle on every freaking first and second down is unimaginative and not that tough to defend and is singularly the reason why ive had a lacerated kidney and my right shoulder shredded trying to save the fucking drive on 3rd down when that brilliant design didn't work. I'm a fucking Stanford grad and finally we will have something better than a coloring book offense that any 5 year old could run. Halle-fucking-lujah!!
Yes to all of that

And maybe you consider throwing your screen passes to the younger and faster back in Mack rather than the older and slower back in Gore, for many reasons.

And perhaps use your WRs with speed like TY and Rogers on more end arounds or outside running plays.

And FIND a way to get your playmakers like TY the ball so they can make plays rather than just writing them out of the gameplan once the D finds a way to shut them down in the first half.

Maybe find a way to actually run a WR screen that works, like every other decent passing offense in the league seems to be able to do
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (02-16-2018), YDFL Commish (02-16-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 11:35 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
That Eagles offense was led by one of the best lines in football. If the OL is still crap, Reich's offense will also flounder.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
That Eagles offense was led by one of the best lines in football. If the OL is still crap, Reich's offense will also flounder.
Yep
Old 02-16-2018, 03:59 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
true but kinda missing the point that a smart and creative offensive scheme, the RPOs and other mis-directions that keep the defense off balance, can make an offensive line look really good. Meanwhile a predictable coloring book offense can make an offensive line look really bad.
So the question remains - is the talent on the Eagles O-line really that much better than ours? Or are they benefiting from smart play design while ours is suffering behind stupidity and predictability?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (02-16-2018), Maniac (02-16-2018), Racehorse (02-16-2018)