ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-31-2021, 08:09 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
A player can be ruled down without being touched if they intentionally give up their ability to advance the football, and this is generally done by the player taking a knee if they are not a QB. Given what happened to Lewis, I think the fair call would've been that he had given up advancing the ball and was therefore down when his knee hit.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????
Old 10-31-2021, 08:22 PM

Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I don’t believe there was any contact by the Titans. He fell on his own and was never touched. Sucks but was a fumble.
As I said during the game, it's easy for me to say, but you have to hang onto the ball there...unless you are knocked unconscious you can't let go of the ball until the play ends! I have seen numerous players, with very serious injuries hang onto the ball until the play was over, that was a very crucial play in the game....possibly a game changer!
Old 11-02-2021, 12:08 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????
Famous example:

https://youtu.be/y3fVn8TE2XM

Watching it again, the way he took a knee isn't too dissimilar to the way Lewis fell.