ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-25-2019, 09:59 AM
Accidental Administrator

Default State of the Union: WR

Wanted to start some conversations about our overall positions at WR. I know that Funcheese is being discussed at length in the Brissett thread, but wanted to get some stats together and look at the bigger picture in WR.

TY Hilton: 5 gms, 30 rec, 306 yds, 10.2 yds per, 5 TDs
Great season so far, great team play. He knew he would be targeted heavily vs the Texans and knew pascal had to step up. Not much to say about TY that hasnt been said, if he stays healthy he will be scratching at another 1000 yard season.

Zach Pascal: 6 games, 13 rec, 239 yds, 18.4 yds per, 3 TDs
We've been showing Pascal love all week. One of the things that strikes me is that Pascal likely would have shown flashes of his production vs the Texans if we had different game plans vs the raiders and chiefs. For a guy that was a question mark for making the team, he's delivering big.

Chester Rogers: 6 gms, 8 rec, 96 yds, 12 yds per, 1 TD
We dont see a ton of Rogers, but he is quietly having a good season in his role. If someone was going to step up as #2 guy I would have thought It would be rogers over Pascal.

Deon Cain: 6 gms, 4 rec, 52 yds, 13 yds per, 0 TD
Yea, an engima here, I dont think he was completely healthy at the Start of TC this year, and he's behind on his development. Obviously he doesnt have Brissett even looking his way. Would love to see him have some sort of breakout game.

Parris Campbell: 4 gms, 10 rec, 62 yds, 6.2 tds per, 1 TD
Likely to return this week vs the Donks. I loved his week 2 TD vs the Titans. He crossed from right to left vs man coverage, his route took him close behind LB Rashaan Evans and he then used his speed flat out beat veteran Logan Ryan and get to the left corner by himself. (I think this was one of JBs best TDs this year also). I think people might underestimate his speed, there will not be a ton of film on him, so perhaps he gets some targets this week.

Ashton Dulin: 3 gms, 0 rec, 0 yds, 0 tds per, 0 TD
I barely know how to spell his name, sort of forgot he was on the roster.

IR/R: Devin Funchess: 1 gm, 3 rec, 32 yds, 10.7 yds per, 0 TDs
The um, game changer. It's such a bummer that he was injured week 1. None of us really have any idea how he will impact this offense. I think having him and Parris Campbell back will allow us to do some wild things. If I have it correct, there is a 21 day timeline between when he returns to practice. After which he has to be signed to Active Roster or be put back to IR. If he started practice this week (he did not), he would have potentially been back for week 11 vs JAX. If he starts practice next week, it's week 12 @ HOU.

IR: Steve Ishmael: n/a - out for season with practive injury.
IR: Daurice Fountain: n/a - out for season after knee surgery.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (10-27-2019), smitty46953 (10-26-2019)
Old 10-25-2019, 07:56 PM

Thanked 4,396 Times in 2,529 Posts

What stands out to me is that all but one is averaging over 10YPC.
Pez (10-25-2019)
Old 10-25-2019, 08:19 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

They have a maximum of 21 days to activate Funchess after he begins practicing, but they also have to wait until after Week 10 (8 games missed) to activate him. If he returns to practice next week, they could activate him before Week 11 or 12.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Pez (10-25-2019)
Old 10-25-2019, 10:52 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
What stands out to me is that all but one is averaging over 10YPC.
Ya, Pascal at 18+ is incredibly surprising. I think it means we dont pass much, bit are very effective when we do.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-26-2019)
Old 10-25-2019, 10:53 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
They have a maximum of 21 days to activate Funchess after he begins practicing, but they also have to wait until after Week 10 (8 games missed) to activate him. If he returns to practice next week, they could activate him before Week 11 or 12.
So a max of 21 days before we have to do something. That's a better scenario.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Old 10-25-2019, 11:39 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

I very much look forward to getting PC back. I think he represents a very scary YAC guy- and that's not to say TY or the emerging Pascal are not of that mold, because obviously TY has proven he can be a killer in that category.

Funchess- I am very confident his re-entry will only serve to enhance JB's ability to play ball control offense, something I don't think JB gets near enough credit for being able to do. A QB that is capable of leading 4-5-6 minute 8-15 play drives- that's a killer man; soul crushers for the D. Dungy built an entire defensive scheme predicated on the odds being that a QB is going to make a mistake in that high snap count. I definitely see Funchess being an enhancement to that strength that Jacoby has. Loved Luck, but there were times where Luck wasn't so patient and his going for the jugular was at many times breath taking- in some instances that lack of patience hurt us.

Overall, I fucking love, just love the fact that Reich / Siriani's scheme is tailor made to capitalize on a variety of pass catcher options and will vary in focus one game to the next. I love the fact that what we do puts pressure on the D to try to combat so many different options and that one game to the next it may be a totally different guy fucking you up- that's great coaching! It would not surprise me at all if in this stretch of Denv, Pitts, Miami, Jax we see a huge game from Cain because our coaches recognize the D's not accounting for him on the weapons ladder and taking advantage of that miss.

Last edited by ChoppedWood; 10-26-2019 at 09:48 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
albany ed (10-26-2019), Pez (10-26-2019)
Old 10-26-2019, 11:19 AM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

If Cain has a big game any time soon, it will be because he was schemed open or winning on contested catches. His route running is just not getting him open.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Pez (10-27-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 01:03 PM

Any see a chance we could add someone like Robby Anderson? Colts and Jets often deal with one another.