ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-31-2018, 07:03 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
Here's how I see it. They'll hold at 6 and see what happens in the first 5 selections. If it is a run on QBs and RB, then they'll take Chubb. If he and Nelson are both gone, that means quality QBs remain and they'll trade down to one of the QB hungry teams. Win - win.
I’m guessing this factored into the initial decision to trade down to 6. Still good options from there. Hell, they might get what Buffalo was offering for 3, while also getting those three 2s from NY.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
A QB. You're crazy if you think they're committed to Case Keenum, or that they'd take (yet another) pass rusher over the QB they desperately need.
I don’t think they are committed to Keenum long term, but I could see them making a last run with their current core. I agree that in that case Nelson probably makes more sense. If they had their 1st choice at QB sure. I just don’t see it if it’s their 4th choice. It will likely come down to how they rank them and how they come off the board. The idea they have to take a QB no matter who it is is crazy given the signing of Keenum and the rest of their roster.

It sounds like Ballard has a 4th non QB he puts on the level of Chubb, Nelson, and Barkley. I think that’s why he was so comfortable moving down to 6.