ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-06-2020, 08:04 PM

One thing that has frustrated me with the offense this season, is we will take a deep shot on 1st down and fail, you can almost guarantee that the next play will be a run. I don't mind the 1st down call, and we will probably fail on 50% or more of those downs, not a problem, it's what we do afterwards that annoys me. As was said earlier use the play action, and our TE's more. How many catches have the TE's had? Not many i would guess.

Mo Alie-Cox has 11 for 194 yards with 2 TD's, Doyle 4 for 61 yards, Burton 2 for 16 yards. So a total of 17 in 4 games for a total of 281 yards and 2 TD's. The backs have had way more:- Hines 16 for 97 yards with 1 TD, Taylor 10 for 90 yards, Mack 3 for 30 and Wilkins 2 for 22 yards, totaling 31 receptions for 239 yards and 1 TD.

I would like to see this change quite a bit, literally swapping the frequency around. Would prefer to see the TE's averaging 8 receptions a game and the backs just the 4. We seem to be struggling to utilise the middle of the field in the 10-15 yard range. Which is the area of the field that i thought Rivers was at his best in.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:08 PM

I think we have some really good TE's, and would like to see us trying to use them in similar ways to how the 49ers have used Kittle, or the Eagles have used Goedert and Ertz.

I mean it is the strength of our QB, and we are struggling again at the WR position, so why wouldn't we be doing this automatically? Makes little sense to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
Pez (10-07-2020)
Old 10-09-2020, 12:00 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

o

The Bears just beat the Buccaneers, and are now 4-1 overall.

In the process of winning the game, they completed a comeback from double-digits for the 3rd time in their first 5 games ...... that has only been done once before in their franchise history, in 1985.

SOURCE: ) ESPN

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 10-18-2020, 05:03 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

o

The Bears are 5-1.

If the Colts can get their rear-ends in gear sooner than the 2nd or 3rd quarter of the their games, they could be a tough team to beat.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck