ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-28-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
The only team with a winning record is Houston. There is not a game on here that we should not win. 3 straight home games after the bye and only 3 more road games the rest of the season. I see us wining 6-7 of these games. Losing to @Jax and possibly one to either @Houston again or @Titans

10 Nov 11 JAX @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

11 Nov 18 TEN @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

12 Nov 25 MIA @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

13 Dec 02 IND @ JAX TIAA Bank Field 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

14 Dec 09 IND @ HOU NRG Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

15 Dec 16 DAL @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

16 Dec 23 NYG @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets TBD

17 Dec 30 IND @ TEN Nissan Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets

They really could lose all but one of these games (I can't see losing to the Giants) OR win every single one of them. The margin is just close with all these games

Its just so hard to say. I thought the Jets game would be a win, was badly wrong.

If the offense plays like it has the last few weeks, 6 or 7 wins are possible.

But the D was terrible today outside one play by Darius Leonard. Dak Prescott or Deshaun Watson could have a good game and put up 40 on this D easily if they keep playing like this. None of the other QBs are great that we face luckily, but the pass D if they can't get a rush on teams is just bad.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:00 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
So you're predicting 11-5 and a division title?
BTW. I said 6-7 games we could/should win that is 9-7 or 10-6
Old 10-29-2018, 12:04 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
They really could lose all but one of these games (I can't see losing to the Giants) OR win every single one of them. The margin is just close with all these games

Its just so hard to say. I thought the Jets game would be a win, was badly wrong.

If the offense plays like it has the last few weeks, 6 or 7 wins are possible.

But the D was terrible today outside one play by Darius Leonard. Dak Prescott or Deshaun Watson could have a good game and put up 40 on this D easily if they keep playing like this. None of the other QBs are great that we face luckily, but the pass D if they can't get a rush on teams is just bad.
I think the D will be better after the bye.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:07 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Through 8 games, Colts are +16 point differential. They’re basically playing at a .500-ish clip.

4-4 or 5-3 are the most likely scenario. I’m just excited to watch and (hopefully) see continued growth in several areas.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:34 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
We are losing at least 4 of these games. Colts have no defense
If the Colts went .500 the rest of the way, wouldn't that be amazing? Yeah, the D is a mess. Ok, it was a dumpster fire yesterday. But the Colts ran the ball. And if you can win the ground game, you can play keep away from the other team. Houston, Tenn, and Jax are flawed team. Jax isn't scaring anyone right now.

It was the O line. They won the game.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (10-30-2018), Pez (10-29-2018), Racehorse (10-29-2018), sherck (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 10:52 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
If the Colts went .500 the rest of the way, wouldn't that be amazing? Yeah, the D is a mess. Ok, it was a dumpster fire yesterday. But the Colts ran the ball. And if you can win the ground game, you can play keep away from the other team. Houston, Tenn, and Jax are flawed team. Jax isn't scaring anyone right now.

It was the O line. They won the game.
No, it’s the most likely outcome given what they have shown. See my post above.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:00 PM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

It is a bit funny.

An 8 - 8 record represented two disappointing seasons in years 4 & 5 of the Chuck Pagano error in Indy. When they follow three 11 - 5 seasons in a row, they are a pretty big let down.

However, after the 4 win un-fun that was last season, an 8 - 8 season is just want the doctor ordered for our ailing team.

I really thought that we would get to 10 wins before the season started; mostly because I really thought that the offense we have seen over the past two games was going to be present for the whole season. Obviously, it took time to gel.

Walk Worthy,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 12:43 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
It is a bit funny.

An 8 - 8 record represented two disappointing seasons in years 4 & 5 of the Chuck Pagano error in Indy. When they follow three 11 - 5 seasons in a row, they are a pretty big let down.

However, after the 4 win un-fun that was last season, an 8 - 8 season is just want the doctor ordered for our ailing team.

I really thought that we would get to 10 wins before the season started; mostly because I really thought that the offense we have seen over the past two games was going to be present for the whole season. Obviously, it took time to gel.

Walk Worthy,
trending up is better than trending down.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Indiana V2 (10-30-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 08:08 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post

Neither are any of the teams left in the schedule. I'd take our offense over any of them though.

We've seen this defense play better than it did today though. They have the ability to. I think we'll see some more solid games from them, but they are young with no depth and still lacking talent in some key areas, so there will be ups and downs. If they can create turnovers, that will be enough with this offense against those crap teams.

o

For the most part I agree with this assertion, with the possible exception of the Cowboys and the Texans. I think that the verdict is still out on them as to whether or not they are good teams (or at least above average teams.)

Other than those 2 games, the Colts have no excuse whatsoever to not win any of the other 6 games that remain on their schedule. I'm not saying that they will win all 6 of them, but simply asserting that they are at least as good (if not better) than those 4 teams that they will be playing in said 6 contests.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 10-29-2018, 10:09 PM

Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,472 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
It is a bit funny.

Walk Worthy,
It's astonishing how much more joy I've got from watching this year's team compared to last year's, and the season is just half over.
Oldcolt (10-30-2018), TheMugwump (11-20-2018)