ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-24-2023, 02:13 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I'm planning on cutting the cord and using YouTube TV as my primary service and also getting Sunday Ticket.
YoutubeTV is terrific
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (04-24-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 08:17 AM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Avast, me hardies! Ye should do as I do and not pay them a doubloon! Arrrrr
Most of us were forced to move out of Mom and Dad's basement years ago!
Old 04-25-2023, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
YoutubeTV is terrific
Except, when I had it a few years ago it didn't have A&E or History channel
Old 04-25-2023, 11:14 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Most of us were forced to move out of Mom and Dad's basement years ago!
Google fiber, matey.
CletusPyle (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 12:20 PM

Thanked 1,673 Times in 800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
No. Puck's service is really the way to go.

Not just for NFL football, but all sports, pro and college. Not to mention all of the premium movie channels.

I have had Pucks service for almost 2 years now, and it is the best deal by far going on for us Freaks.
yep, I'm also using it, heck we use it a lot more for streaming movies and tv shows. But it was also nice for Colts and IU b-ball games. I've had it close to 2 years too (or was it 3? its been a blur since covid)

Have not paid for cable in 8 or 9 years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (04-25-2023), Spike (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Google fiber, matey.
Not available for me!
Old 04-25-2023, 02:22 PM

"Puck's TV Service" is really 3 Rivers Communications and they deliver a deal for $15 that is pretty hard to beat.

Each $15 subscription serves a single TV but as Cletus said, you can Picture-in-a-Picture up to four stations at once.

Each $15 subscription allows you to receive local TV channels from almost every market in the United States. Want to watch the ABC channel from Boston for its local news? No problem. How about the FOX channel from Omaha? Okay. Oh, the ABC San Diego station is not on the service but the ABC channel from LA is. Cool. It does not have every local channel everywhere but I have never failed to find the NFL game that I wanted to watch from somewhere in the local home state.

Additionally, each $15 subscription also grants you access to a library of tens of thousands of movies and thousands of TV series often with all of the seasons on them.

We call it our "Nearly free, probably illegal" TV service because sometimes, movies are on the ViewTV service the day they are released in movie theaters and episodes of shows that release on Apple TV or HBO Max or Disney+ or other pay-for-service are on the site that same day/next day. No way that is actually legal but....it is legal to me. I am paying for a service that they are providing.

Anyway, we have had it for two years on two different TVs in our house and one TV with our son while away from college one state over. All three of our TVs work great.

The ONE NOTE is that the app only works on an Amazon FireStick and not Roku. We were a Roku family to serve our viewing needs prior to getting the ViewTV service but now have both devices plugged into each of our effected TVs. The only thing we run on the FireStick (wireless connection) is the ViewTV app and we serve everything else through the Roku (wired connection) but it works for us.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (04-25-2023), Colts And Orioles (04-25-2023), omahacolt (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post

The ONE NOTE is that the app only works on an Amazon FireStick and not Roku. We were a Roku family to serve our viewing needs prior to getting the ViewTV service but now have both devices plugged into each of our effected TVs. The only thing we run on the FireStick (wireless connection) is the ViewTV app and we serve everything else through the Roku (wired connection) but it works for us.
It also works on iPad, iPhone and Mac Book, and works very well on them! It is IPTV, I don't think any of us should speculate about the legality of the service. There are other services like it out there and they are perfectly legal to my knowledge.....
Old 04-26-2023, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
"Puck's TV Service" is really 3 Rivers Communications and they deliver a deal for $15 that is pretty hard to beat.

Each $15 subscription serves a single TV but as Cletus said, you can Picture-in-a-Picture up to four stations at once.

Each $15 subscription allows you to receive local TV channels from almost every market in the United States. Want to watch the ABC channel from Boston for its local news? No problem. How about the FOX channel from Omaha? Okay. Oh, the ABC San Diego station is not on the service but the ABC channel from LA is. Cool. It does not have every local channel everywhere but I have never failed to find the NFL game that I wanted to watch from somewhere in the local home state.

Additionally, each $15 subscription also grants you access to a library of tens of thousands of movies and thousands of TV series often with all of the seasons on them.

We call it our "Nearly free, probably illegal" TV service because sometimes, movies are on the ViewTV service the day they are released in movie theaters and episodes of shows that release on Apple TV or HBO Max or Disney+ or other pay-for-service are on the site that same day/next day. No way that is actually legal but....it is legal to me. I am paying for a service that they are providing.

Anyway, we have had it for two years on two different TVs in our house and one TV with our son while away from college one state over. All three of our TVs work great.

Yep pretty much all correct. If you want to add additional TV's it is a lesser price for the extra TV's but not 15 each. You can watch it on as many TV's as you want. Just can't watch more TV's than your account allows at one time. So 1 TV and 1 phone at the same time you need 2 connections. 1 TV 1 phone can watch one or the other but not both at the same time

We have added a couple of more services besides ViewTv so there is even more movies series etc. Not sure what that cost is. Ashley loves View Tv so she just assumes everyone loves it.

As far as NFL football. yes you can look for the local stations in that area or use the NFL section that shows every game

Firestick is easiest. You can also use your smart TV or any android box. I actually think we can now do appletv box. I have a Nvdia android which is more expensive but has a larger processor. Most people get by perfectly with the firestick. And you don't need the 4K But the 4K movies are pretty cool

You can use your service to your smart phone ipad and watch it anywhere as long as you have internet.

Legality? Don't record it. and you'll be fine
CletusPyle (04-26-2023), Indystu2 (05-12-2023), NextManUp (04-27-2023), smitty46953 (04-26-2023), Spike (04-26-2023)
Old 05-07-2023, 07:27 PM

Quote:

Interesting!

Puck, do I need to set this up with you or can I call this 3 Rivers Communications myself?
The Following User Says Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
rm1369 (05-08-2023)