ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Old 02-16-2017, 10:09 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
What a pity when the rest of the world looks in at us all they see is a bunch of little butt hurt pussies carrying signs cause some fucking moron with orange hair scares them with words.
Yeah, I don't think that's exactly the reason the rest of the world is shaking their heads at the US these days...

But props for being someone who thinks the problem with the world is men not calling women the c-word enough, or whatever you were getting at.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I'm sorry, but comparing Clinton's faults to Trump's faults feels incredibly weak to me.

One would be a President you disagreed with but could live with keeping the executive branch alive until you can vote for a better candidate 4 years later.

The other already has the executive branch in shambles, is embarrassing the country on an international stage and is making a mockery of the office.

Any other year, I'd agree with the right to think "each is an idiot". I honestly just can't fathom how anyone could not see Trump as by far the greater evil here, though.

And I think it's dangerous to just sit this out, too, because that just further empowers Trump in this climate. I trust in the Constitution to hold strong and enough checks and balances in place -- between the public and judiciary/legislative branches -- for this to not end in apocalypse, hard as Trump is trying to fumble the nuclear football right now. But I do think we're fighting for the intelligence, reputation and truth-literacy of America moving forward, if nothing else, and valuing the truth has to matter at some point.

EDIT: I got sidetracked here a bit but keeping this so as not to revise. I don't think the point anymore is Clinton v Trump or WE WON YOU LOST! I think the point is that Donald Trump is President and doing some scary shit. And we should be honest about what that is, why it's happening, talk about it, see why it does happen (what it REALLY addresses) and what can be done to make this a better country moving forward.

Of course, if you're blindly for a Muslim ban without thinking beyond that, I cannot help you.
I refuse to vote from someone with an R or D by their name over a 3rd party candidate simply because they are the lesser of two evils.

Its that kind of thinking that has us in this mess where the parties put up weak candidates election after election.

Voting for one major party candidate simply so the other one doesn't win is not good enough, and should not be good enough, when voting for the president.

I buying into the idea you have to pick one of the major party candidates, no matter who they are, just to beat the other person just perpetuates this country's problems long term.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
does this mean anything at all?
Means absolutely nothing but what it say's. No hidden meaning, no subliminal undertones. Just a great big suck one if you don't like me or what I stand for. Makes no difference to me how you take it, don't take it, or if any of it appeals to you.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think that's exactly the reason the rest of the world is shaking their heads at the US these days...

But props for being someone who thinks the problem with the world is men not calling women the c-word enough, or whatever you were getting at.
Whatever, don't care. She is a cunt. I didn't stutter, or mean it any other way than how I typed it.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:00 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

What a dick.

I know, you dont care, still a dick though.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
What a dick.

I know, you dont care, still a dick though.
Need more like me and this country wouldn't be full of pussies. I'm 51 and I don't have time for sugar coating or worrying about if I offend someone. I am 100% exactly the same way in person. Family loves me, grand kids adore me, so all that other shit is just fluff.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:15 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

There's a difference between stating your mind and calling someone a cunt.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (02-17-2017), GoBigBlue88 (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
I refuse to vote from someone with an R or D by their name over a 3rd party candidate simply because they are the lesser of two evils.

Its that kind of thinking that has us in this mess where the parties put up weak candidates election after election.

Voting for one major party candidate simply so the other one doesn't win is not good enough, and should not be good enough, when voting for the president.

I buying into the idea you have to pick one of the major party candidates, no matter who they are, just to beat the other person just perpetuates this country's problems long term.
Not saying you're wrong by any means, and I respect your opinion here. I see where you're coming from.

And I think any other year, I'd understand it better. But in 2016, it really seemed like voting Johnson WAS voting Trump. Johnson and Stein were never viable candidates (IMO, Johnson was a nutjob too, certifiable, but totally JMO), so voting Independent to make any kind of a statement on either party was really the same as not hurting the guy who announced himself as an executive trainwreck so many months prior.

I can't emphasize enough: I get the logic any other year. But this year, it wasn't just "they both suck" or "typical partisan Sophie's choice". This year, it was Donald Trump loudly stomping toward the White House, glasses of water rippling as if stirred by dinosaurs approaching in Jurassic Park, yelling "I'm going to fuck shit up, and not in the good way you guys want me to!"

But I do respect your civil discussion here, and rebuke of a two-party system that is obviously both severely flawed and going nowhere anytime soon. Now its just set to co-opt the looney outsiders who would otherwise declare independent.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Need more like me and this country wouldn't be full of pussies.
Pussies ≠ sane human beings conscious of the fact that other people exist beyond themselves.

Quote:
I'm 51 and I don't have time for sugar coating or worrying about if I offend someone.
Sugar-coating ≠ not being grossly misogynistic.

Quote:
I am 100% exactly the same way in person.
Chance this guy says this shit beyond a message board, or calls some other woman he disagrees with the c-word? I'm betting zero.

Quote:
Family loves me, grand kids adore me, so all that other shit is just fluff.
Yup; you're clearly a family man. If anything came across to me in your posts here, it was that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (02-17-2017), rcubed (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Pussies ≠ sane human beings conscious of the fact that other people exist beyond themselves.

Sugar-coating ≠ not being grossly misogynistic.

Chance this guy says this shit beyond a message board, or calls some other woman he disagrees with the c-word? I'm betting zero.

Yup; you're clearly a family man. If anything came across to me in your posts here, it was that.
If you're betting I wouldn't say it to their face if they had it coming, you would lose your bet. You try and make it sound like I go around degrading every woman in my path. If they deserve the moniker, I'll hang it on them. It really is as simple as that. Some things are true whether you believe them or not. Grow a set. Save your typing. I am done with this circular argument. It's pointless. Being scared of everything is no way to go through life. People who matter don't care, and people who care don't matter. You can get on with existing in your little make believe world where everything is roses and lollipops, and I will go on living like I just don't care. You get one shot at it, so I just don't care about you if you don't effect my everyday life.