ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-28-2018, 05:16 PM

For you guys that watch the line, how has Kelly looked? I haven't heard much about him, which could be a good thing.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voosh View Post
For you guys that watch the line, how has Kelly looked? I haven't heard much about him, which could be a good thing.
He's no Samson Satele.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colt Classic For This Useful Post:
HoosierinFL (08-29-2018), Racehorse (08-28-2018), Voosh (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 07:27 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

I guess I'm a little higher on this team than most. I've been excited about the play of several guys on defense, Leonard, Skai Moore, Desir, Geathers, Hooker, Kenny Moore, Autry, Ridgeway, Roches and DeLaire.

My surprise cuts on the defensive side of the ball, are Najee Goode, Grover Stewart, Margus Hunt. Just prefer to go with the young guys.

Offensively, I believe health is the biggest issue, other than WR. A healthy Luck, Hilton, Castonzo, Good and Mack will be needed.

Also, I don't believe offensively the Colts or Luck, have just Let er' Rip in any way shape or form during this preseason. The reasons are twofold, to save Luck's arm for the regular season, and to not show teams that Luck can and will throw deep, as well as not exposing our offensive scheme.

I think the OL will be fine with AC back, Slauson at RG and settling on any RT not named Austin Howard.

Now on to the piss poor WR position. After TY this group may be long on potential, but they are short on being NFL ready. Grant is a JAG and never should be a starting WR.

My call out to Ballard...PLEASE! PLEASE! trade for a WR. Luck is locking on to Hilton too much, and we need someone else that can occasionally win their one on one match ups and don't have to be constantly schemed open.

Apparently the Broncos are very high on their 2 rooks, Sutton and Hamilton, so I would make a play for either D. Thomas or E. Sanders.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-03-2018), Colts And Orioles (01-03-2019), Coltsalr (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 08:31 PM

For WR if they're all just average, why not put that guy Fountain up there at #2? He's got size at least. Let the others figure out who is #3 and #4.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:41 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
For WR if they're all just average, why not put that guy Fountain up there at #2? He's got size at least. Let the others figure out who is #3 and #4.
But, has he stood out anymore than the rest of the lot? A few of them have had their moments. I just believe that none of them have earned anything, as of yet.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I guess I'm a little higher on this team than most. I've been excited about the play of several guys on defense, Leonard, Skai Moore, Desir, Geathers, Hooker, Kenny Moore, Autry, Ridgeway, Roches and DeLaire.

My surprise cuts on the defensive side of the ball, are Najee Goode, Grover Stewart, Margus Hunt. Just prefer to go with the young guys.

Offensively, I believe health is the biggest issue, other than WR. A healthy Luck, Hilton, Castonzo, Good and Mack will be needed.

Also, I don't believe offensively the Colts or Luck, have just Let er' Rip in any way shape or form during this preseason. The reasons are twofold, to save Luck's arm for the regular season, and to not show teams that Luck can and will throw deep, as well as not exposing our offensive scheme.

I think the OL will be fine with AC back, Slauson at RG and settling on any RT not named Austin Howard.

Now on to the piss poor WR position. After TY this group may be long on potential, but they are short on being NFL ready. Grant is a JAG and never should be a starting WR.

My call out to Ballard...PLEASE! PLEASE! trade for a WR. Luck is locking on to Hilton too much, and we need someone else that can occasionally win their one on one match ups and don't have to be constantly schemed open.

Apparently the Broncos are very high on their 2 rooks, Sutton and Hamilton, so I would make a play for either D. Thomas or E. Sanders.
Lets not forget Hilton disappears for weeks at a time too.
The Following User Says Thank You to DragonTails For This Useful Post:
Colt Classic (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 09:36 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

I’m disappointed Rogers hasn’t seperated himself so far. Never expected anything from Grant. Lots of 2 TE in our future this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-29-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 11:03 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I’m disappointed Rogers hasn’t seperated himself so far. Never expected anything from Grant. Lots of 2 TE in our future this year.
Sucks that Deon Cain got injured. I think he would-have really made a solid contribution.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dewey 5 For This Useful Post:
FatDT (08-29-2018), VeveJones007 (08-29-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 05:49 AM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post

I haven’t worried about Lucks arm since the red zone int he threw against Baltimore. It was a bad throw but it was also a rocket.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:12 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
But we knew that already. Philadelphia loves to use their TEs in the passing game. Ebron and Doyle might be the team's second and third best receivers anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-03-2018)