ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-17-2022, 04:15 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
If he would stick to man coverage, I would be happy. Mix in a zone from time to time, but rely on man coverage for the most part.
I would think we will be seeing more man coverage. The personal has grown into a group that you can start to increase the man and see how it goes. I'm thinking of our cb situation the last few years and think zone may have been better with who we had. Those guys are maturing. Lets hope it continues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Puck (01-17-2022), Racehorse (01-17-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I would think we will be seeing more man coverage. The personal has grown into a group that you can start to increase the man and see how it goes. I'm thinking of our cb situation the last few years and think zone may have been better with who we had. Those guys are maturing. Lets hope it continues.
I think Rock was misplaced in zone and played poorly. On the other hand Rhodes was more proficient in zone and thats why he was so much better last yr than this yr. And Rock came on later in the yr with M2M

We really did play a lot more man this yr.
Oldcolt (01-17-2022), Racehorse (01-17-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
If he would stick to man coverage, I would be happy. Mix in a zone from time to time, but rely on man coverage for the most part.
Can you imagine the bitching that will happen if CB goes after a shut down corner with our 1st pick in the draft??? But that's what its gonna take unless you want to let that player develop , like they did Rock
Racehorse (01-17-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 05:39 PM

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
The fact that Reich has so many assistants interviewing tells you what the NFL thinks of Reich as a coach and a leader. He is going nowhere
In addition to this year's staff getting interview requests, Jonathan Gannon - last year's DB position coach who followed Sirianni to Philly to be the Eagles DC - already has 3 interview requests to be a head coach. Talk about a fast riser!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...75037582536705

Quote:
Texans requested permission to interview Eagles’ DC Jonathan Gannon for their HC job, per source. Gannon now has been requested to interview for three HC vacancies: Texans, Broncos, Vikings.
Old 01-17-2022, 06:46 PM

This is a little odd - but again, it is the Raiders.

So the team has not dismissed GM Mike Mayock yet. But it looks like they are going to interview GM candidates - does Mayock have to re-interview to keep his current job? Or do they move him to some other position and bring in someone new? Anyway, Rapoport says that Dodds is on their short list for interviews.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1483195588908888064

Quote:
The Raiders have not yet moved on from GM Mike Mayock. But they seem to be paving the way to do so.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1483196124798365696

Quote:
Expect the Raiders to put in a request for Colts executive Ed Dodds, as well.
Old 01-17-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
This is a little odd - but again, it is the Raiders.

So the team has not dismissed GM Mike Mayock yet. But it looks like they are going to interview GM candidates - does Mayock have to re-interview to keep his current job? Or do they move him to some other position and bring in someone new? Anyway, Rapoport says that Dodds is on their short list for interviews.

OK - now Mayock is fired per Breer.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...17614310625289

Quote:
Raiders statement: "We have relieved Mike Mayock of his duties as General Manager of the Las Vegas Raiders. We thank Mike for his contributions over the last three years in helping to form the foundation for the franchise to build upon in its future."
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...39826560331782

Quote:
Couldn't make it up—When Mayock was leaving the building, the guys working for him thought he was leaving for the day. No one said anything to them. And they found out like the rest of us via social media.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-17-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
Carr could end up available.
CletusPyle (01-18-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 02:20 AM

Dodds for Carr seems like an even trade.

Not really though.
Old 01-18-2022, 09:05 AM

I do like Carr, and more than Wentz. Having said that, Derek Carr? That is who we are pining for now? Have we really sank so low in our expectations of what we need out of a signal caller that David Carr is the answer to our problems?
I'll pass.
It will take some form of player or pick to acquire Carr. What has he proven at this point in his career except being a serviceable starter who cant win big games and is inconsistent at best. You can argue his weapons, you can argue the fact that his franchise moved, blah blah. Bottom line is Derek Carr is average, and to give up ANYTHING for a QB right now, he better be a substantial upgrade over Carson.
I still think we go Trubisky, Mariota or Winston. I hope Winton, because I think he brings the best things that Wentz does but has way better vision on the field and can get through his progressions. He's aggressive, and throws picks, but I do think his vision is miles ahead of Carson and he could be acquired for nothing.

Food for thought
Old 01-18-2022, 09:08 AM

Thanked 4,374 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSayDayo View Post
I do like Carr, and more than Wentz. Having said that, Derek Carr? That is who we are pining for now? Have we really sank so low in our expectations of what we need out of a signal caller that David Carr is the answer to our problems?
I'll pass.
It will take some form of player or pick to acquire Carr. What has he proven at this point in his career except being a serviceable starter who cant win big games and is inconsistent at best. You can argue his weapons, you can argue the fact that his franchise moved, blah blah. Bottom line is Derek Carr is average, and to give up ANYTHING for a QB right now, he better be a substantial upgrade over Carson.
I still think we go Trubisky, Mariota or Winston. I hope Winton, because I think he brings the best things that Wentz does but has way better vision on the field and can get through his progressions. He's aggressive, and throws picks, but I do think his vision is miles ahead of Carson and he could be acquired for nothing.

Food for thought
Carr is good. Until he was injured in the game against us a few years back, everyone was saying he was a top 5 quarterback. I would take him in a heartbeat with this team. Winston is also an upgrade over Wentz, but I like Carr a little more.
CletusPyle (01-18-2022)