ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 04-08-2017, 02:17 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packfan17 View Post

I have to talk a little bit of smack but the Pack is going to beat the Colts in the Big game next year is my prediction. You heard it here first. :
o

The Colts owe the Packers some payback for getting robbed in the 1965 playoff game, in which the Packers won in overtime.

Tom Matte had to play quarterback from the final regular season game onward because all 3 of the Colts quarterbacks (Johnny Unitas, Gary Cuozzo, and Ed Brown) were both injured. With Matte at quarterback, the he Colts beat the Rams on the final day of the regular season, which forced the playoff game against the Packers.

With Matte still at QB, the Colts were leading the game late in the 4th quarter when Don Chandler's field goal to tie the game was no good, but the refs called it good...... at the time, the goal posts were not high enough (as they are today) to determine where or not high-hit ball was good or not, so the refs had to use their judgement to gauge whether or not it was good. Replays show that it was no good. In fact, Chandler himself shook his head in disgust after he kicked the ball, thinking that he had just blown the game. The Colts should have won in regulation, and gotten a return trip to the world championship game against the Cleveland Browns. Instead, the game went into overtime, where the Packers won on another Don Chandler field goal.

If the Colts ever meet the Packers in the postseason again (the Super Bowl), the Colts will win.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 04-10-2017, 10:07 AM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

The Colts owe the Packers some payback for getting robbed in the 1965 playoff game, in which the Packers won in overtime.

Tom Matte had to play quarterback from the final regular season game onward because all 3 of the Colts quarterbacks (Johnny Unitas, Gary Cuozzo, and Ed Brown) were both injured. With Matte at quarterback, the he Colts beat the Rams on the final day of the regular season, which forced the playoff game against the Packers.

With Matte still at QB, the Colts were leading the game late in the 4th quarter when Don Chandler's field goal to tie the game was no good, but the refs called it good...... at the time, the goal posts were not high enough (as they are today) to determine where or not high-hit ball was good or not, so the refs had to use their judgement to gauge whether or not it was good. Replays show that it was no good. In fact, Chandler himself shook his head in disgust after he kicked the ball, thinking that he had just blown the game. The Colts should have won in regulation, and gotten a return trip to the world championship game against the Cleveland Browns. Instead, the game went into overtime, where the Packers won on another Don Chandler field goal.

If the Colts ever meet the Packers in the postseason again (the Super Bowl), the Colts will win.

o
Jesus H, how old are you?

I was born 13 years after this game.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Jesus H, how old are you?

I was born 13 years after this game.
I was 5, doubt I cared if wasn't Packers ...
Old 04-11-2017, 10:42 AM

I was only joking with you guys. I like the Colts and hope you have a great season coming up.