ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-09-2023, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I’m going with Levis

He looks like Pat mcafees brother

And switch the first two letters in his name is Elvis

Irsay can’t resist that
I would not bitch but imma thinkin its Richardson... The again, like previously stated; who does not like to having a low cost Hooker on the team?
The Following User Says Thank You to BCN#1 For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 05:32 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
The writings of an insufferable one. My son was this kind of know it all when he was 7, I sincerely disliked that kid (he is 33 and denies ever being like that now). Let it go, we all get lucky.
So wait, anything I get right is luck, but if I get it wrong, that's not luck? Sounds like selectivity bias to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
Thats assuming the Colts would have built their roster for Wilson the same way that Seattle did. You can't say that Wilson would have had the same success with the Colts as he did with the Seahawks, you just can't !!
Having 4 extra first round picks would've helped, but Grigson likely would've squandered it anyway.
Old 04-10-2023, 02:38 AM

Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,488 Posts

I know many mock drafts are dumb, but this one takes take cake. It has the Colts trading the 4th for the 11th and the 42nd (or near there) picks from the Titans.

https://news.google.com/articles/CBM...S&ceid=US%3Aen
Oldcolt (04-10-2023), Racehorse (04-10-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 10:41 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
I know many mock drafts are dumb, but this one takes take cake. It has the Colts trading the 4th for the 11th and the 42nd (or near there) picks from the Titans.

https://news.google.com/articles/CBM...S&ceid=US%3Aen
Why not? Go all-in on the Caleb Williams strategy.
Old 04-10-2023, 12:56 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,663 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
In 2022 Levis completed 65.4% which was 26th nationally, Stroud was 20th nationally with 66.3%, and Young was 37th 64.5%. Considering how much better Alabama and OhioState's OL are, I don't see a real accuracy concern unless you are equally concerned ab out the other two!
Levis' biggest concern IMO is a lack of touch. Everything comes out as a fastball. Comes from his footwork. He was working with a good QB guru in the offseason and did show some improvement on his pro day especially throwing to his left.

I think some of the Wentz comparisons come from that pigeon toe throwing and lack of touch (also bc he is white and a similar size and he runs). Wentz couldn't fix his issue, Allen did, does he have the work ethic to do it?

He was also hurt last season including a turf toe which kills your mobility and your throwing depending on the leg.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (04-11-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 01:47 PM

Thanked 1,648 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Levis' biggest concern IMO is a lack of touch. Everything comes out as a fastball. Comes from his footwork. He was working with a good QB guru in the offseason and did show some improvement on his pro day especially throwing to his left.

I think some of the Wentz comparisons come from that pigeon toe throwing and lack of touch (also bc he is white and a similar size and he runs). Wentz couldn't fix his issue, Allen did, does he have the work ethic to do it?

He was also hurt last season including a turf toe which kills your mobility and your throwing depending on the leg.
I listened to the Panthers' QB coach do a film study on Levis (in the other thread if you haven't seen it). He says a lot of this ^^. His arm is very impressive and he can make throws with little wind-up when pressure is in his face. He also processes his reads fine but is able to, for example in the video, skip the open underneath out route and instead fire from the opposite hash to the numbers on a 10-yard hitch for a good gain.

However, he mentions that it's one of the biggest concerns about him as well. Because of the strength and talent, he makes some bad decisions as well as missing some throws even without pressure. As McCown says, you have to find out if he has a governor on this Ferrari or are you going to be one of those guys that's always going to fire a cannon.

For me, the Wentz comparison is about the mechanics and inconsistent accuracy + the toughness + the really strong arm that can lead to both awesome plays and bad decisions. It's like that awesome throw Wentz made against Arizona right before he was clobbered... that's great. But it also came in a package deal that included all the other shit he did that drove us nuts.

Depending on if he takes to coaching, Levis gives me the same worries.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (04-10-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 03:36 PM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Depending on if he takes to coaching, Levis gives me the same worries.
This is the most important thing, as Wentz has proven to be uncoachable. If Levis is open to coaching and willing to do whatever it takes to be the best, then he is light years ahead of Wentz, who thought that god was his QB coach.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (04-11-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 03:49 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Richardson improved a great deal as the year went on. He seems like a bright young man who has had some incredibly rough times in his young life. Nobody can say a bad thing about the man (not the same can be said for Levis). I think it sounds like he is coachable. I'm hoping we throw the dice and take a chance with this kid.
Old 04-10-2023, 05:27 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Why not? Go all-in on the Caleb Williams strategy.
WHY would you help a team in your conference? WTF

You = bag of hammers
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (04-10-2023)
Old 04-11-2023, 10:51 AM

Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Richardson improved a great deal as the year went on. He seems like a bright young man who has had some incredibly rough times in his young life. Nobody can say a bad thing about the man (not the same can be said for Levis). I think it sounds like he is coachable. I'm hoping we throw the dice and take a chance with this kid.
Most of the bad I hear said about Levis is some find his brash personality offputting....seriously, some of the best QBs to ever play were somewhat brash and hit some people the wrong way. I think he is just trying to project confidence and may be overdoing a bit.

There are also some sports media writers that just don't like alpha males, because they aren't one!
apballin (04-11-2023), Discflinger (04-11-2023), Lov2fish (04-11-2023), Spike (04-11-2023), YDFL Commish (04-11-2023)