ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-28-2023, 01:22 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Zaire Franklin leads the NFL in tackles, and he's been arguably our best player on defense this season ...... I wouldn't flippantly call him a disparaging nickname because of a bad play, or a bad game.

o
Oh I love his game and what he brings but if he wants to be elite he’s gotta make plays like that period
Old 12-28-2023, 04:51 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,271 Times in 2,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post

Oh I love his game and what he brings ...... but if he wants to be elite, he’s gotta make plays like that, period.

o

Peyton Manning threw a pick-6 late in the 4th quarter of a Super Bowl ....... he's as elite as they come, and I wouldn't call him a disparaging nickname because of it.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-28-2023)
Old 12-29-2023, 05:25 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
o

Peyton Manning threw a pick-6 late in the 4th quarter of a Super Bowl ....... he's as elite as they come, and I wouldn't call him a disparaging nickname because of it.

o
That’s you man… and Manning is on another planet compared to Zaire Franklin

Just because he leads the NFL in tackles he doesn’t get a pass from me on an INT that hit him directly in the chest that could’ve changed that game all the way around…

So for a better comparison how about when Quentin Coryatt dropped that pick in the AFC title game? Did you yell anything disparaging about him even though he had a lot of tackles in his career as a Colt?

I dam sure did
Old 12-29-2023, 07:22 PM
Historian

Quote:

That’s you, man …... and Manning is on another planet compared to Zaire Franklin

Just because he leads the NFL in tackles he doesn’t get a pass from me on an INT that hit him directly in the chest that could’ve changed that game all the way around…

So for a better comparison how about when Quentin Coryatt dropped that pick in the AFC title game? Did you yell anything disparaging about him even though he had a lot of tackles in his career as a Colt?

I dam sure did.

o

We're not talking about something that you said in a game thread, which is a venue for more reactionary posts. I certainly wouldn't have posted something like that on a public forum if I were talking about a player of Franklin's caliber a full day after the fact, as you did here on the main forum.

So you can stay with "Stonehands" Franklin, which you called him not in the heat of the moment, but a day after the fact, as though that is his primary function on the team ...... I'll go with Zaire Franklin, the best player on the Colts' defense who made a bad play in a regular season game.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 12-29-2023, 10:06 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
o

We're not talking about something that you said in a game thread, which is a venue for more reactionary posts. I certainly wouldn't have posted something like that on a public forum if I were talking about a player of Franklin's caliber a full day after the fact, as you did here on the main forum.

So you can stay with "Stonehands" Franklin, which you called him not in the heat of the moment, but a day after the fact, as though that is his primary function on the team ...... I'll go with Zaire Franklin, the best player on the Colts' defense who made a bad play in a regular season game.

o
Yea I was still shitty a day later… so what

I’m also still shitty you defended a guy that tried to take Pittmans head off so it is what it is

Until that mfer holds on to an INT he’s stone hands
Old 12-30-2023, 02:40 PM
Historian

Quote:

Until that mfer holds on to an INT, he’s stone hands.

o

He dropped an INT. Based on your logic, every player in the NFL deserves a derogatory nickname, unless you can point to a player who never made a bad play in his career. I don't think that you really believe that ....... and if you do, you're one of the biggest malcontent ever to root for a football team.

o

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 12-30-2023 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-30-2023, 03:28 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
o

He dropped an INT. Based on your logic, every player in the NFL deserves a derogatory nickname, unless you can point to a player who never made a bad play in his career. I don't think that you really believe that ....... and if you do, you're one of the biggest malcontent ever to root for a football team.

o
Nope I hold players to the standards they create… he said himself he considers himself the best LB in the game…. Make the play then it’s that simple

The best LB makes that play
Old 12-30-2023, 03:37 PM
Historian

Quote:

Nope I hold players to the standards they create… he said himself he considers himself the best LB in the game…. Make the play then it’s that simple

The best LB makes that play.

o

Patrick Mahomes is arguably the best quarterback in the game, and unquestionably one of the best quarterbacks in the game. He made back-to-back bad plays in his most recent game against the Raiders. Those 2 bad plays resulted in 14 Raiders points, which was the difference in the game ...... 14 points, within 7 seconds of each other. The final score of the game was 20-14, Raiders.

And according to your logic, Mahomes cannot be the best QB in the game because the best QB in the game does not make a bad play like that, let alone 2 consecutive bad plays like that.

If you want to die on this hill, fine, but you're reasoning is preposterous.

o

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 12-30-2023 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-30-2023, 04:14 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
o

Patrick Mahomes is arguably the best quarterback in the game, and unquestionably one of the best quarterbacks in the game. He made back-to-back bad plays in his most recent game against the Raiders. Those 2 bad plays resulted in 14 Raiders points, which was the difference in the game ...... 14 points, within 7 seconds of each other. The final score of the game was 20-14, Raiders.

And according to your logic, Mahomes cannot be the best QB in the game because the best QB in the game does not make a bad play like that, let alone 2 consecutive bad plays like that.

If you want to die on this hill, fine, but you're reasoning is preposterous.

o
That’s not my logic at all… you’re all over the place

Mahomes resume is a little better then Franklins I’d say your trying to create shit man

Franklin hasn’t won shit but he talks big shit…. If you’re gonna talk it back it up it’s that simple and the more you achieve the more of a pass you’ll get when you fuck up

You’re a captain the team leans on you you wanna be the face of the defense… make the fuckin play I’ll die on that fuckin hill for sure
Old 12-30-2023, 04:25 PM
Historian

Quote:

That’s not my logic at all …... you’re all over the place.

o

You're exact words were ......

o
Quote:

He said himself he considers himself the best LB in the game ...... the best LB makes that play.

o

All over the place, nonsense. I took exactly what you said, and I made a congruent comparison. It's not a matter of the fact that Mahomes is in a different class than Franklin overall as player, it's a matter of you "holding players to standards that they create" as you said, as the best player in the game at their position. If the best LB in the game makes that play, then the best QB in the game doesn't make back-to-back plays resulting in 14 points for the opponent, and subsequently costing his team the game. You're exact words, and your logic.

o

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 12-30-2023 at 04:40 PM.