ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: What Kind of Season with the 2023 Colts Have ???
Bad Season (5 Wins or Less) 7 22.58%
Mediocre Season (Between 6 Wins and 9 Wins) 19 61.29%
Good Season (Between 10 Wins and 12 Wins) 3 9.68%
Excellent Season (13 Wins or More) 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2023, 10:54 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
I am thinking 4-5 wins.

- Richardson will have some "oh my goodness" great plays and "cover your eyes" bad plays every game. He will win us one or two games this year on his shoulders and lose up 2-3 games because of rookie mistakes. It happens.

- Our O-Line is not up to speed. Fries should never have a starting spot and if ANY of the other four get injured, their backups are not worthy. AR will be running for his life a lot this year.

- Run game without the threat of JT will stumble. I don't dislike any of the guys we will have running the rock but they will end up being easily stopped.

I think we will win just enough to be outside the top 4-6 drafting and miss out on MHJ unless we want to move up. I think he will be drafted top 4.
Same on all fronts. For those that for some reason still believe Ballard should have a job- take a look at the Oline. Fries starting is pretty bad, the lack of depth from this guy that does nothing but bellow about the building in the trenches and having quality depth- that dude is a fucking joke man, a fucking joke!
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Brylok (08-29-2023)
Old 08-29-2023, 02:27 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Same on all fronts. For those that for some reason still believe Ballard should have a job- take a look at the Oline. Fries starting is pretty bad, the lack of depth from this guy that does nothing but bellow about the building in the trenches and having quality depth- that dude is a fucking joke man, a fucking joke!
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if he should be replaced. I like Ballard...I want to like him anyway...but it's his seventh year now and we've won basically nothing. New QB probably bought him at least two more years though.
Old 08-29-2023, 02:58 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

If this iteration of the Colts does not work out you have to think about replacing him. I think that is at least 2-3 years away if it happens, will take that long to determine if AR is the answer. At some point you need to put a winning team on the field.
Old 08-29-2023, 03:44 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if he should be replaced. I like Ballard...I want to like him anyway...but it's his seventh year now and we've won basically nothing. New QB probably bought him at least two more years though.
Most of Ballards time with the Colts he dealt with the on again off again drama of Andrew Luck.

I give him more time to build the O line and find anyone (including anyone one this site) who can catch a pass and run faster than me (anyone who is upright).
Old 08-29-2023, 04:46 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Most of Ballards time with the Colts he dealt with the on again off again drama of Andrew Luck.

I give him more time to build the O line and find anyone (including anyone one this site) who can catch a pass and run faster than me (anyone who is upright).
It's getting close to 50/50 now. Luck was 17, 18, and he quit in 19. Ballard has had 20, 21, 22, and now 23. So I agree and I sympathize, but at some point you have to have success. We also had the covid season(s) sprinkled in there so, yeah, bad timing of things for Ballard.
Old 08-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
It's getting close to 50/50 now. Luck was 17, 18, and he quit in 19. Ballard has had 20, 21, 22, and now 23. So I agree and I sympathize, but at some point you have to have success. We also had the covid season(s) sprinkled in there so, yeah, bad timing of things for Ballard.
He should have a chance with AR. Next year they get work on the O line and RB
Old 08-29-2023, 06:17 PM

Thanked 4,396 Times in 2,529 Posts

Quote:
His tenure has been odd. Luck retired just as the team looked ready to compete for a SB, so the idea was to get a veteran QB to fill in and make a run. None of those guys worked out, except Rivers, and then he retired. After the next two QBs were a disaster, the window was nearly closed, so they went rookie and will try to build the rest around him, hoping he develops quickly, and the core doesn’t age too quickly.
Old 08-29-2023, 07:55 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

If Ballard hit on AR the window is like 10-12 years
Old 08-29-2023, 08:18 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

I'm sure if AR doesn't work out or if Ballard's unable to field a decent team around him then Ballard will be gone.

Hopefully AR hits and that motivates Ballard to start filling needs in the offseason via FA and not rely solely on the draft.
Old 08-29-2023, 09:56 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,661 Times in 2,046 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
I'm sure if AR doesn't work out or if Ballard's unable to field a decent team around him then Ballard will be gone.

Hopefully AR hits and that motivates Ballard to start filling needs in the offseason via FA and not rely solely on the draft.
Gotta remember this is a new offense with a new coach who probably values different skill sets in his skill positions than Reich did. These guys might not all fit what he would like in a system. Would Reich have wanted a Josh Downs? So I think the offense will be transforming in the next couple of years.