ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 10:39 AM

Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
This is such a Ballard pick. He values traits almost to a fault. Hopefully Steichen can get the best out of him.

Yeah, Richardson definitely has the traits and physical abilities.

Anthony rolled up an amazing RAS Score: 10.0 out of 10.0.

From 1987 to 2023, there have been 916 QB's rated on this scale. Richardson is ranked 1st out of the 916.

Now let's see if this will translate to a NFL football field.

https://ras.football/ras-information...08&ovl=Florida
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (04-29-2023), CletusPyle (04-28-2023), Spike (04-28-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 11:47 AM

Wasn't my pick, but definitely on board. There is no denying his freakish athletic ability. Lets see if Steichen can get it moving. Hurts made huge strides in 2 years under him. Future is bright if they tap his potential! No matter what, I'll bet the Colts are fun to watch again!
Brylok (04-28-2023), CletusPyle (04-28-2023), IndyNorm (04-28-2023), Spike (04-28-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 01:07 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedge View Post
I just hope Colts fans can show some patience. There's going be growing pains.

Agree, love the pick.
He'll need to make some of those absurdly athletic plays to keep fans invested, but I think he'll be able to pull that off.

Eventually though, if he keeps failing on simple plays it won't matter much. Hopefully he can do the absurdly athletic plays and keep showing improvement on the regular stuff.
Old 04-28-2023, 03:33 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,057 Posts

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/sta...L8ardaxv32vrGQ

Orlavsky breaks down his accuracy issue.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (04-28-2023), Oldcolt (04-28-2023), Racehorse (04-28-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 06:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,641 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/sta...L8ardaxv32vrGQ

Orlavsky breaks down his accuracy issue.
Between this and JT O'Sullivan's breakdowns of Richardson, I'm starting to feel like he may be able to develop into an accurate QB in the NFL and may not need very long to sit. I still think it would be better to sit him a year and let him learn Mahomes style, but if he were to be pressed into action midseason, it may not ruin his development.
Old 04-28-2023, 06:21 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Between this and JT O'Sullivan's breakdowns of Richardson, I'm starting to feel like he may be able to develop into an accurate QB in the NFL and may not need very long to sit. I still think it would be better to sit him a year and let him learn Mahomes style, but if he were to be pressed into action midseason, it may not ruin his development.
Personally, unless you've got a solid guy you can win with like KC with Smith or GB with Favre, I don't care for sitting young guys. I'm sure I'm biased from watching Manning, but throw these kids in the fire.

You'll either expedite their evolution and improvement or expedite the realization that they don't have the ability or mettle that you need from your QB so you can move on.
Old 04-28-2023, 06:31 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,641 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Personally, unless you've got a solid guy you can win with like KC with Smith or GB with Favre, I don't care for sitting young guys. I'm sure I'm biased from watching Manning, but throw these kids in the fire.

You'll either expedite their evolution and improvement or expedite the realization that they don't have the ability or mettle that you need from your QB so you can move on.
If those outcomes are Zach Wilson vs. Patrick Mahomes?
Old 04-28-2023, 07:01 PM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

Different situation since Peyton had been starting since ~halfway through his freshman year. I'm sure they'll do so, but Steichen and Co. need to make sure Richardson is ready and not rush him out too early to disastrous results which could kill his confidence. They also need to make sure they have the OL fixed, so our long term guy doesn't get killed.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:02 PM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Zach Wilson has been such a disaster that the Jets could have sat him for 10 seasons and he'd probably still suck.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:09 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Different situation since Peyton had been starting since ~halfway through his freshman year. I'm sure they'll do so, but Steichen and Co. need to make sure Richardson is ready and not rush him out too early to disastrous results which could kill his confidence. They also need to make sure they have the OL fixed, so our long term guy doesn't get killed.
Well, yeah. I mean, I think this comes down to a Rorschach of sorts because it's not provable. I see Rivers, Rodgers, and Mahomes sit behind good/great vets and then go on to be all-time greats themselves and I don't attribute it to the headset.

Like I mentioned, those guys were on teams that were playoff competitors and the vet in front of them gave the team the best shot. If circumstances were different, I think those guys all could've started playing immediately and even if things were rough, gained valuable in-game experience and would not have crumbled.

Some guys do crumble and I'd want to know sooner.