ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-24-2023, 07:00 AM

They have to be looking at TE, right?

That was one of the worst position groups I've seen this franchise trot out on the field in 25 years.
Old 04-24-2023, 07:16 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,642 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post

That was one of the worst position groups I've seen this franchise trot out on the field in 25 years.
There are some good ones up high if they're willing to take a chance. They could go with Darnell Washington at 35 and just have the largest, most freakishly athletic TE room ever between Woods and Washington. Not to mention fantastic run blocking from the TE position.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:38 AM

I am intrigued to see what Andrew Ogletree can bring, he was tearing things up in pre-season.

Alie-Cox, Woods, Granson, Ogletree is not the worst TE group, if we actually started to try to use them. Alie-Cox has not lived up to his hype and isn't worth the contract he is on at the moment, but that does not mean he is a terrible player either. Hopefully Woods or Ogletree can become the passing threat. Then maybe Granson is on the outside looking in. But he is the TE in the room who has more of an out and out passing threat than the others.
Old 04-24-2023, 09:16 AM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
There are some good ones up high if they're willing to take a chance. They could go with Darnell Washington at 35 and just have the largest, most freakishly athletic TE room ever between Woods and Washington. Not to mention fantastic run blocking from the TE position.
I've been in minority camp that wants another TE over a WR. The more I think about it, I'm not convinced that TE over interior OL would be a bad move.

Washington in particular stands out and not just because he's a near-Jelani Woods clone... it's because he seems to be the best run-blocking TE in the draft. I think that's huge for JT and something we miss from Doyle. Pairing Woods and Washington is very intriguing to me.

Especially if Ogletree returns and continues his trajectory from last pre-season. Last I read, he should be ready for OTA's. The three of them would be a pretty unique arsenal in the NFL match-up wise.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-24-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
I am intrigued to see what Andrew Ogletree can bring, he was tearing things up in pre-season.

Alie-Cox, Woods, Granson, Ogletree is not the worst TE group, if we actually started to try to use them. Alie-Cox has not lived up to his hype and isn't worth the contract he is on at the moment, but that does not mean he is a terrible player either. Hopefully Woods or Ogletree can become the passing threat. Then maybe Granson is on the outside looking in. But he is the TE in the room who has more of an out and out passing threat than the others.
Yeah, I'm not sure MAC will still be around. Washington would be an improvement right away and it would be a skillset that isn't Woods' strength (blocking).
Old 04-24-2023, 09:39 AM
Post whore

35 might actually be a good spot to trade down. Typically a drop of ~10 spots will net a 3rd or a 2nd next year. Kancey is probably gone by then, beyond him, there's no real "must have" player in that range where 35 vs. 45 will make a huge difference. Getting another top 75 player in exchange for getting a slightly lesser top 50 player is a trade I would make every time in this (and most) drafts.
Old 04-24-2023, 09:43 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I've been in minority camp that wants another TE over a WR. The more I think about it, I'm not convinced that TE over interior OL would be a bad move.

Washington in particular stands out and not just because he's a near-Jelani Woods clone... it's because he seems to be the best run-blocking TE in the draft. I think that's huge for JT and something we miss from Doyle. Pairing Woods and Washington is very intriguing to me.

Especially if Ogletree returns and continues his trajectory from last pre-season. Last I read, he should be ready for OTA's. The three of them would be a pretty unique arsenal in the NFL match-up wise.
Having Washington and Woods would be like having 7 OL in 12 personnel. I haven't thought about it much because I'm convinced that Washington, like Kancey, is going to go in the back half of Round 1. Those skillsets are just too good to pass up. If Washington is there at 35, Schmitz isn't there (which he isn't likely to be), and there are no good trade values, I wouldn't have much hesitation turning in that card.
Old 04-24-2023, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Having Washington and Woods would be like having 7 OL in 12 personnel. I haven't thought about it much because I'm convinced that Washington, like Kancey, is going to go in the back half of Round 1. Those skillsets are just too good to pass up. If Washington is there at 35, Schmitz isn't there (which he isn't likely to be), and there are no good trade values, I wouldn't have much hesitation turning in that card.
I agree, wishful thinking. I think I typically see him rated like right at 35 overall (coincidence), but I would expect him to be picked by then.
Old 04-24-2023, 10:25 AM
Post whore

Here's a fun hypothetical: if Bijan Robinson is there at 35 (not likely, but not impossible), do you draft him?
Old 04-24-2023, 11:58 AM

Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,217 Posts

Quote:
Woods isn't that good of a blocker and MOC fell off last season as a blocker.

Granson on the other hand is is actually very underrated as a run blocker. He's not knocking guys on their ass or anything, but he's very tenacious and blocks to to the whistle.

My hope is that Schmitz is there and that we can trade back and still get Schmitz or the CB of choice. After all that is a Ballard staple.