ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-11-2020, 02:30 PM

Forgot to mention Funchess.....I think they resign him but to a more team friendly deal. Forget the exact quote, but I heard Ballard speak about him on one of the local shows last week.....I recall thinking that he still sounded pretty positive about the guy.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I don't think we are going after Rivers....I think JMV's "colts insider" source is solid. I think it's more likely we use one of our 2nd Round picks and draft a "developmental" QB and start the season with JB. Whether we finish the season with JB is a function of Frank's QB whisperer prowess and Ballard's ability to find a diamond that others miss (a la the maniac). The thing that changes this scenario is if Tommy Terrific goes to Las Vegas (unlikely IMHO), then I think we get in on the Carr sweepstakes, but probably loose out to someone who doesn't care about getting value in contracts.

The rest of the draft is BPA with a focus on both lines....necessary depth....and a WR with a later pick.

I heard a national guy (forget who) say that Colts and Giants are the top suitors for Clowney.....I think the Giants will write a bigger check and get him if he hits the market.
The primary reason I think the smoke around Rivers is true is because of how much everyone associated with the team has went out of their way to not endorse JB. If the plan was just to draft a developmental guy I’d think they’d be expressing more confidence in him - at least for season ticket holders sake. I think they’d have been talking more about the first half of the year and giving him more of a pass due to injury on the second half.

If Carr becomes available then I definitely agree he should be a target for them. I’d give up one of the two 2nd rounders for him. Don’t think I’d give up 13 though.
Old 03-11-2020, 03:40 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I don't think we are going after Rivers....I think JMV's "colts insider" source is solid. I think it's more likely we use one of our 2nd Round picks and draft a "developmental" QB and start the season with JB. Whether we finish the season with JB is a function of Frank's QB whisperer prowess and Ballard's ability to find a diamond that others miss (a la the maniac). The thing that changes this scenario is if Tommy Terrific goes to Las Vegas (unlikely IMHO), then I think we get in on the Carr sweepstakes, but probably loose out to someone who doesn't care about getting value in contracts.

The rest of the draft is BPA with a focus on both lines....necessary depth....and a WR with a later pick.

I heard a national guy (forget who) say that Colts and Giants are the top suitors for Clowney.....I think the Giants will write a bigger check and get him if he hits the market.
Higher taxes in NY. But of course more endorsement opportunities probably offset those taxes.

JMV is usually pretty reliable. Kinda bummed they want to try Jacoby 2.0, I just don’t see the upside.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:39 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
The primary reason I think the smoke around Rivers is true is because of how much everyone associated with the team has went out of their way to not endorse JB. If the plan was just to draft a developmental guy I’d think they’d be expressing more confidence in him - at least for season ticket holders sake. I think they’d have been talking more about the first half of the year and giving him more of a pass due to injury on the second half.

If Carr becomes available then I definitely agree he should be a target for them. I’d give up one of the two 2nd rounders for him. Don’t think I’d give up 13 though.
Leonard endorsed JB the other day when asked about the rumors. But the staff is kinda non commital.

I think JB will be a hard sell for fans. They need to show either a commitment to the present or a young gun in the wings. Considering how much cap they have too, I think they need to show fans they are committed to improving and not in the perpetual rebuilding mode.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:41 PM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Chargers are tagging TE Hunter Henry per Rapoport:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1238516268497604615

Quote:
Sources: The #Chargers have franchise tagged TE Hunter Henry, keeping a key playmaker in the fold for another year.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo

The #Ravens are placing the franchise tag on Matt Judon, sources say. Expected. Soon will be official.

Old 03-13-2020, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet · 55m55 minutes ago

The #Broncos have also administered the franchise tag to S Justin Simmons, source said, an expected move for a big part of their defense.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

The #Jaguars have officially franchise tagged pass-rusher Yannick Ngakoue, source said. Expected, but now official.

Old 03-13-2020, 06:32 PM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo

The #Ravens are placing the franchise tag on Matt Judon, sources say. Expected. Soon will be official.

Earlier this offseason, Schefter had reported that Judon may be a "tag and trade" candidate. I am sure Baltimore would like to have him back but they may have some difficult decisions to make - it will be hard to re-sign all of their own free agents. Judon has also indicated that he would prefer to have a multi year deal instead of a one year contract. Be interesting to see where the negotiations go or if he is traded and signed to a multi year deal with a new team like Dee Ford and Frank Clark last year.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...trade-interest
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (03-13-2020)
Old 03-14-2020, 11:02 AM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

Free agency is fun to talk about & speculate but I don't expect Ballard to do much. When it comes to spending $ in free agency is asshole is tighter than a snare drum.