ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-11-2023, 09:09 AM

Thanked 4,412 Times in 2,533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
What are you talking about? I merely took issue with your sentiment that fans should not be offended by Taylor's demands, and that we should all have no concern because its "just business" and not our money. My point is that the fans are entitled to be concerned, to be offended, and to have an opinion. And it is our money.

The fans are the reason Irsay has his wealth, and the players are able to support themselves playing a game. To suggest that the fans have no cause to offended when a player threatens to hold out, breach his contracts or demands a trade is absurd.
I get perturbed when that drama starts, but I am a lot faster to get over it when it all gets resolved.
Colts And Orioles (10-11-2023)
Old 10-11-2023, 10:35 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,271 Times in 2,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post

What are you talking about ??? I merely took issue with your sentiment that fans should not be offended by Taylor's demands, and that we should all have no concern because its "just business" and not our money. My point is that the fans are entitled to be concerned, to be offended, and to have an opinion. And it is our money.

The fans are the reason Irsay has his wealth, and the players are able to support themselves playing a game. To suggest that the fans have no cause to offended when a player threatens to hold out, breach his contracts or demands a trade is absurd.

o

I agree with this, although I also agree with Racehorse in that I am quick to get over it once it's resolved.

Also, I myself am not particularly offended in the first place, but I completely understand the fans who are.

I am 58 years-old, so I have seen the player-owner relationship go from one extreme to the other, particularly in baseball. The late Jim Bouton once summed it all up in a nutshell when he said ...... ) "They way that I see it is that the owners screwed the players for 100 years. The players have been screwing the owners for the last 20 years. So the players have about another 80 years to go of continuing to screw the owners in order to level the scales of justice."

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck