ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-25-2021, 12:46 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Ballard/Reich appear to have made the correct decision with Wentz. If this holds up it will be a huge plus for them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-25-2021), Spike (10-25-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
He was certainly the cheaper option, and always my choice from last season's end. But, I still hope I was totally wrong.
I'm with you Albany, I was on the Darnold bandwagon too, only because I watched a lot of Eagles games and thought that Wentz was a prima dona, and that the Jets did nothing to help Darnold realize his potential. I am now starting to believe that I was wrong, and Wentz looks to be the Colt's QB for the next decade.
The Following User Says Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
Spike (10-25-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 05:22 PM

Thanked 1,572 Times in 893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
I'm with you Albany, I was on the Darnold bandwagon too, only because I watched a lot of Eagles games and thought that Wentz was a prima dona, and that the Jets did nothing to help Darnold realize his potential. I am now starting to believe that I was wrong, and Wentz looks to be the Colt's QB for the next decade.
Same here. I think the three of us were the loudest pro-Darnold posters here, and comparing their play so far this year, we were wrong.

I hope Darnold has a great rest of this season and that we STILL feel we were wrong to want him over Wentz.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheMugwump For This Useful Post:
albany ed (10-26-2021), njcoltfan (10-25-2021), Spike (10-25-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 08:33 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
Same here. I think the three of us were the loudest pro-Darnold posters here, and comparing their play so far this year, we were wrong.

I hope Darnold has a great rest of this season and that we STILL feel we were wrong to want him over Wentz.
Living in California, I watched a lot of USC football. I never cared for Darnold, so I was happy the Colts took Wentz. I too wish the best for Darnold, I just think he was over rated coming out of college. What really soured me on him finally was when he said he saw ghosts out there. Wentz is a warrior to a fault sometimes, but he would never say he saw ghosts. None of the great QB's would ever say that shit.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:08 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,271 Times in 2,018 Posts

o

I wanted Wentz over Darnold, and it wasn't close.

In spite of what wound up being a disastrous final 2 games of 2021, I still have some hope that Wentz will have a better season in 2022 after having gotten a year of experience under his belt playing with his new team.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2022, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

In spite of what wound up being a disastrous final 2 games of 2021, I still have some hope that Wentz will have a better season in 2022 after having gotten a year of experience under his belt playing with his new team.

o
Watched the last 1:58 of the Bills vs Chiefs divisional round game.

Saw two QBs who absolutely willed their teams to scores. No quit. No quarter. All fight, passion and power.

Wentz has little to none of those things. Experience is not going to fix that.

Wentz is not a fighter. When we need him, he will not deliver.

I am resigned to another year of him and I hope, honestly, that I am wrong but I think we will be looking for a new QB for the 2023 season.

Wentz is not the guy, IMO.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
apballin (01-26-2022), njcoltfan (01-27-2022), Racehorse (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 05:20 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
o

o
sure, but from what I have read/seen it looks like he is making the same type of mistakes that drove philly nuts.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-26-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 03:44 PM
Historian

Quote:
o

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post

Sure, but from what I have read/seen it looks like he is making the same type of mistakes that drove Philly nuts.

o

I have hopes, though they are not especially high. Prior to the 2-game collapse at the end of the season, it seemed as though most Colts fans felt that Ballard had built a solid, overall team (as opposed to an extremely Manning-dependent, Luck-dependent team.) I do think that it is possible that the current Colts teams is a better overall one than were the Eagles in Wentz' last 2 seasons with them (2019 and 2020), and that that factor will perhaps be an important one in my hopes of Wentz evolving into the kind of quarterback that he is capable of being.

In some ways, Jimmy Garoppolo's failures in clutch/key situations is a parallel to Carson Wentz' failures in clutch/key situations ...... and his team is going to its second NFC Championship game in 3 years.

This, of course, is all being looked at through my royal blue-shaded glasses.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-27-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 09:57 AM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
o

o
Funny, I was going to post that in hindsight I'd still have rather us traded for Darnold b/c the Panthers only had to give up a 6th for him. Googled to double check that I was right on the round and turns out the Jets gave up a 2nd and 4th in this year's draft in addition to the 6th in '21. Not sure we got the "better" deal, but the Panthers definitely got fleeced too.
Old 01-29-2022, 11:38 AM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

Ballard/Reich appear to have made the correct decision with Wentz. If this holds up it, will be a huge plus for them.

o

The first season with Wentz did not pan out well overall, even though things were looking pretty darned good prior to the final 2 games of the season ...... now, we're left with hope that having a season under his belt with his new team will pay some dividends in 2022.

o