ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Old 04-07-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
You'll get no argument from me. I do, however, hope that all of the bickering about Trump doesn't make people lose sight over how hard China fucked the world (including their own citizens) by covering this up, which included lying to the WHO that this wasn't contagious between humans. Because of the cover up no one outside of the Chinese government knew how really bad this was until shit started hitting the fan in Europe, and by then it was too late to contain it.

I'll get off my soapbox now. My apologies for bringing politics into the sports discussion, lol.
Not a soapbox. Cold, hard truth.

Authoritative governments control the media to ensure that only their message gets out. There is no concept in China about the government working for their people's best interest; there is only that a government works towards its own best interest.

China is truly the bad guy in this scenario. Regardless of what you think of the current U.S. administration, don't lose sight of the basic fact that China's government is the complete opposite of a government "of the people, by the people, for the people."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (04-07-2020), Racehorse (04-07-2020), smitty46953 (04-07-2020), Spike (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 10:43 AM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post

Authoritative governments control the media to ensure that only their message gets out. There is no concept in China about the government working for their people's best interest; there is only that a government works towards its own best interest.

China is truly the bad guy in this scenario. Regardless of what you think of the current U.S. administration, don't lose sight of the basic fact that China's government is the complete opposite of a government "of the people, by the people, for the people."
Well said. Couldn't agree more.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:51 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
And Trump who is compounding our issues. Worst leader ever.

He would kill his own mother just so that he could use her skin to make a drum to beat his own praises.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:

Absolutely agree, however to me the more important thing to not lose sight of is that Trump aspires to the same level of message control. It’s the reason he attacks and attempts to deligitimize any person or institution that disagrees with him. He can’t forbid it like China can so he undermines it. The methods are different, but the goals are the same. Just look at the HHS report on hospitals. He can’t make it go away but he’ll make a large portion of the population disregard it without even considering it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Brylok (04-07-2020), Chaka (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 03:52 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

And now, apparently, Modly has resigned. Good. Once again it appears that kissing Trump's ass rarely works out well for anyone except Trump.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:10 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Worst SECNAV ever as well. Thomas Modly. As a former sailor, that dude needs to resign ASAP. Absolutely disgusting what he said about the captain of the Theodore Roosevelt. Nobody gets to the position of commanding officer of an aircraft carrier by being naive or stupid. It's a good thing he didn't say that garbage while aboard the TR. Dude might not have made it off the ship. He wouldn't have made it off of mine. "Worst" and "Trump" seem to go hand in hand.
That whole situation was bullshit. I hope when all this is over there is a review of what they did.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Brylok (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 04:13 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
Adolf Hitler says hello
Joe Stalin says hold my vodka.
JAFF (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
You'll get no argument from me. I do, however, hope that all of the bickering about Trump doesn't make people lose sight over how hard China fucked the world (including their own citizens) by covering this up, which included lying to the WHO that this wasn't contagious between humans. Because of the cover up no one outside of the Chinese government knew how really bad this was until shit started hitting the fan in Europe, and by then it was too late to contain it.

I'll get off my soapbox now. My apologies for bringing politics into the sports discussion, lol.
China didn't even want to let it out, and didn't want to react to it. The doctor who discovered it was the whistleblower and leaked it. He supposedly died from covid. But if he hadn't, I wonder how much worse it could have been, could have completely blindsided the world. We were still unprepared, but imagine if we just woke up to it while NY hospitals were overflowing.
Brylok (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 04:20 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
And now, apparently, Modly has resigned. Good. Once again it appears that kissing Trump's ass rarely works out well for anyone except Trump.
Everyone around him is a sycophant. I'm sure he is dying to fire Fauci, but he needs him right now.
Brylok (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 06:28 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:

And fascist governments have the media controlled by their corporate overlords. I use fascist as defined by Benito Mussolini there. By his definition, it's hard to argue against the country being a fascist oligarchy at present.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Brylok (04-08-2020)