ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
If you have cash to burn, St Elmo's Steakhouse is the best place in town, IMO, but you will drop a ton of cash on it.

Rock Bottom Brewery is a great medium priced meal with a wide selection of good brews.

Acauplco Joe's has great Mexican food.

Le Peep's is a great breakfast place. So is First Watch on N Illinois.

Claddagh Irish Pub also has great food and a great selection of drinks.

If you want to laugh, you could try Fogo de Chao which brands itself as a Brazillian Steakhouse and tell us all the ways that it is wrong!

The Old Spaghetti Factory has some pretty solid Italian for a good price. So is Bucca di Beppo but that is all "family style" dining and the portions (and price) are big.

Don't know if you are coming with kids but the Children's Museum is world-class.

The Indianapolis 500 Motor Speedway Museum is also a must see on your first trip to Indy.

Christmas lights at the Indianapolis Zoo is pretty nice the first time you see them. The 20th time? Not so much.

If you want to drive 2 hours to the east, I could show you around the Air Force Museum in Dayton, OH at Wright Patterson Air Force Base if you are interested in airpower.

I don't know if they are doing a Christmas show at Conner Prarie living history museum but if so, that would be a great look at some history of North America.

Walk Worthy,

I was there last year for my sisters wedding. My wife and I went to a cool little bar called “Nada”, pretty good tacos. Oceanaire has some good seafood. If you feel like dancing, Reveal nightclub can be fun if it is busy. Yardhouse is next to Nada and has upscale bar food and lots of beers on tap. And if you would like some sushi you can try Mikado.

All these are downtown. There is a good tenderloin sandwich place which is kind of iconic for Indiana. Forgot where it is though.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:13 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
There is a good tenderloin sandwich place which is kind of iconic for Indiana
why is this ironic?
Old 11-14-2018, 04:42 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:

There is a good tenderloin sandwich place, which is kind of iconic for Indiana. I forgot where it is, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post

Why is this ironic?

o

Iconic.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (11-15-2018), southside asshole (11-15-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 04:45 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

I'll 2nd La Peep for breakfast and the Slippery Noodle for some great blues music and atmosphere.

I would also add Crackers comedy club as a pretty fun time as well.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:52 PM

If the game doesn't go so well you can always walk across the street to the Red Garter strip club and cheer yourself up, and in the morning wash down the hangover with breakfast at Biscuits in Broad Ripple. Best breakfast in Indy.

Children's Museum and the Art Museum are great for families or if you want something cerebral to do.

Avoid the East side of 465 loop if you can help it. In general avoid the East Side due to traffic, but outside the 465 loop it is crime-ridden.

If you're looking for lunch downtown I recommend Market Square. Its an indoor market with lots of different food vendors to choose from and a good beer bar on the second floor.

St. Elmo's is world-renowned but very pricey and a little overrated imo. If you like seafood and want to spend a boatload of money, Oceanaire is the place to go.

Mass Ave and Fountain Square are decent nightlife districts and fairly safe compared to other big cities. Broad Ripple is a nightlife spot too but can be sorta dicey. Especially for someone who is visiting from another country.

I hope you enjoy your visit though! I've lived here all my life so if you have any specific questions just shoot me a message. Or if you want my phone number to text me while you're here with any advice you can do that too.

Salud!
Old 11-14-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I was there last year for my sisters wedding. My wife and I went to a cool little bar called “Nada”, pretty good tacos. Oceanaire has some good seafood. If you feel like dancing, Reveal nightclub can be fun if it is busy. Yardhouse is next to Nada and has upscale bar food and lots of beers on tap. And if you would like some sushi you can try Mikado.

All these are downtown. There is a good tenderloin sandwich place which is kind of iconic for Indiana. Forgot where it is though.
The Workingman's Friend.

The Red Key Tavern is a great dive bar to check out. It was in the movie Going All the Way. North of downtown towards Broad Ripple on College Avenue I believe.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:15 PM

Our third world friend returns!

Just don’t wear any of that Patriots Super Bowl 52 champs gear that World Vision brought down to your country in February and you should be fine!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (11-14-2018), Racehorse (11-15-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
The Workingman's Friend.

The Red Key Tavern is a great dive bar to check out. It was in the movie Going All the Way. North of downtown towards Broad Ripple on College Avenue I believe.
Whistle Stop is my personal favorite dive bar in downtown Indy.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:29 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Which bar is it that McAfee was hanging at before he decided to take the canal plunge?
Old 11-14-2018, 07:34 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
The Workingman's Friend.

Workingman's Friend will be open on Saturday until 3 pm. They DO NOT take a credit card, need cash. Not open on sunday.