ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-12-2019, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Personally, I hope all the hype about Ballard's love of this Jordon Love kid is nothing but "Smoke -n- Mirrors"..

60.6% Completion Percentage, 17 TD, 16 Interceptions, 257 yards per game

Yes, he endured a coaching change and lost his weapons. He has some skills but gets flustered with slightest hint of QB pressure. Hurries throws, throws of wrong foot, makes bad decisions, I am not a fan.
Discflinger (12-13-2019), indycolts2 (12-15-2019), Spike (12-12-2019), YDFL Commish (12-13-2019)
Old 12-12-2019, 09:40 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
Personally, I hope all the hype about Ballard's love of this Jordon Love kid is nothing but "Smoke -n- Mirrors"..

Yes, he endured a coaching change and lost his weapons. He has some skills but gets flustered with slightest hint of QB pressure. Hurries throws, throws of wrong foot, makes bad decisions, I am not a fan.
Yep, I have seen him a few times and I'm not a fan either. The only QB that stands out to me in this draft is Burrow. Tua scares me some because of his injuries.
indycolts2 (12-15-2019), smitty46953 (12-12-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 01:50 AM

Let’s hope he and his room is smarter than we. That’s why Irsay is paying them, right?
Old 12-13-2019, 01:56 AM

Dude! Just fucking look at me! This actually is me!
Old 12-13-2019, 11:00 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post

So a couple of things why people seem to like him. He has excellent arm strength and can make every NFL throw with ease. He had a much better Junior year where he threw up great numbers before losing his weapons and the offense change. He manages the huddle and offense well. He is familiar with the RPO and has been using it in his offense. So there are some reasons why people like him. He must have received a first round grade from the committee to declare.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 12-13-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:52 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

So he lost his weapons and didn't do as well. That remind you of another qb already on the team? I doubt we draft a qb in the first unless he is the best player available. Ballard has a philosophy and sticks to it. With the right team around him I think Ballard/Reich still think we can win with Jacoby.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:02 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
So he lost his weapons and didn't do as well. That remind you of another qb already on the team? I doubt we draft a qb in the first unless he is the best player available. Ballard has a philosophy and sticks to it. With the right team around him I think Ballard/Reich still think we can win with Jacoby.
No way we are winning with JB. He fucking sucks.
Luck4Reich (01-09-2020)
Old 12-13-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
No way we are winning with JB. He fucking sucks.
While that very well may be true, I don't see any indication, so far anyway, that Ballard/Reich think that. Maybe once we are bumped from the playoffs they will give Chad a chance and that would signal their displeasure with Brissett. I just don't see it yet. Brissett is who we all thought he was. He needs play makers around him and has lost all of his receiving corps due to injury. He has lost what mobility he had due to his knee injury. I'm not making excuses but I never thought he was the kind of player who could elevate a team by himself. From what Ballard has said, I don't think that is what he believes you absolutely need to compete. How many of those players exist in this league? Maybe a handful. I hope I am wrong but I believe Brissett will be the starter next year.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:40 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
While that very well may be true, I don't see any indication, so far anyway, that Ballard/Reich think that. Maybe once we are bumped from the playoffs they will give Chad a chance and that would signal their displeasure with Brissett. I just don't see it yet. Brissett is who we all thought he was. He needs play makers around him and has lost all of his receiving corps due to injury. He has lost what mobility he had due to his knee injury. I'm not making excuses but I never thought he was the kind of player who could elevate a team by himself. From what Ballard has said, I don't think that is what he believes you absolutely need to compete. How many of those players exist in this league? Maybe a handful. I hope I am wrong but I believe Brissett will be the starter next year.
He probably will be the starter. But the Colts are one of the few teams in the league who wasn’t investing a pick in a QB every year or every couple years. I’m sorry to say though, with weapons, without weapons, JB doesn’t pull the trigger on necessary throws. He is hesitant or doesn’t see the throw. That’s kinda at the core of a QB. People keep making excuses for him, but he was like this at the beginning of the season, and the last season he started. If we had a lesser oline he would be getting sacked a lot. I just don’t see him changing who he is, that is a game manager who probably won’t lose the game for you. But he isn’t going to win the game for you either. And in this league you need something more dynamic at the QB spot.

And if you want to take a franchise QB, statistically they overwhelmingly go in the first round.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 12-13-2019 at 01:45 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
indycolts2 (12-15-2019), Spike (12-13-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 05:38 PM

I agree with you Chromeburn. I'm just not sure Ballard does. We will see.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (12-15-2019)